Arizona Cardinals vs New Orleans Saints

ProjectPat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The league really needs to change that stupid rule. You literally touch the QBs head and you get a penalty. I can see if you lay into the guy or it's helmet to helmet, ok. But, this jumping up to block a pass and your hand comes down on the guys helmet is just horse :thumbsup: .

If the first quarter is any indication of how this game will end, it looks like Russ Grimm is going to have plenty of time on his hands to interview in Buffalo next week. AND, if the first quarter is any indication, I'm not sure Grimm deserves an interview.

If the first quarter is any indication of how this game will end, it looks like Russ Grimm is going to have plenty of time on his hands to interview in Buffalo next week. AND, if the first quarter is any indication, I'm not sure Grimm deserves an interview.

I think it has a lot more to do with Warner being the most accurate passer ever. That throw to Breaston was ridiculous.

The Cardinals OL is impressing you, I take it? :thumbsup:

so you would base his entire coaching career off one game on the road in a dome against a very good team?

Awful call.

It sure doesn't seem worthy of a personal foul and 15 yards. On the other hand, all the players know you can't touch the QBs helmet. It looked clear to me that the pass rusher could have avoided slapping Warner on the head had he even tried. Don't want to risk a penalty? Don't touch the QBs helmet.

Great coverage by Greer
Jabroni with a nice break-up on Fitz!

Fitzgerald had outside position and the pass was thrown inside (which is also where the safety help was coming from). A pass to the outside shoulder and that's a TD. Fitzgerald did a great job playing defensive back. Ball coulda been intercepted.

Yes, his whole body of work over his career is invalidated by one quarter of football (sarcasm).

One of the chess matches in this game is Greg(g) Williams' intricate and persistent blitz schemes versus Grimm's protection plans. The fact that Arizona has an undertalented O-line is somewhat offset by Warner's ability to get rid of the ball quickly.