(OT) U2 on SNL Last Night

TSNBDSC

... not a real big U2 fan but "I Will Follow" at the end of the night was pretty good ... nice change of pace from all that pre-programed studio produced stuff ... four guys playing thier own instruments, singing songs they wrote ... lot's of energy ... good old fashioned rock n roll ... have a great Monday boys and girls ...

I've never been a real big U2 Fan...I've always liked them, but that's about it...

But that damn Vertigo Song (due to the commertial) has been in my head for almost a Month now. Made sure I watched last night just to see them, and enjoyed it quite a bit...I've never seen a band play an extra song at the end of SNL like that, and I think they were going into another right as they went off air...

Pretty cool, I may even pick up the CD... B)

Damn, missed it. I need the tape. Remember their Superbowl halftime show a few years back? That was greatness.

128190[/snapback]

That was a great halftime show. I don't know how you could ever beat it. Maybe have a topless chick instead of good music. Oh wait, CBS already tried that. Didn't work.

not a big fan either, but that vertigo song just knocks my socks off, unfortunately i fell asleep before thier first song, but woke up to hear i will follow. this new song of thiers just friggin rocks, i haven't been this high on a new song since rem came out with whats the frequency kenneth, which i thought just rocked!

I noticed that as well. Hopefully someone will ask them.

What I don't understand is why at the beginning of "Vertigo" they count in Spanish: "1, 2, 3, 14"

????

128638[/snapback]

my fiance just emailed me....U2 is performing outside her office building as I write this...

129412[/snapback]

from U2log.com

U2 playing NYC from the back of a truck…

Eyewitness reports confirm the rumour we mentioned previously, saying the band are playing from the back of a flatbed truck and will be making random stops throughout the city all day until the concert at 3. Let’s hope they’ve buckled up!

11:15 am EST: Robin contacted us to say U2 were playing in front of Columbia University.

12:30 pm: People arriving at Washington Square Park were redirected to the Brooklyn location, but with more police showing up it is possible Washington Square Park will be hit later down the road. A Washington Square Park “official” claims the Brooklyn taping will be at 4 pm EST, not 3 pm, but U2.com now clearly states 3 pm.

12:40 pm: Jonathan mailed in to say the band are actually filming the video for “All Because of You” during the performances on the flatbed truck. This is unconfirmed information.

1:15 pm: U2 have been sited on Fifth Avenue.

Hardly original, since the Stones did the same thing in 1975,

but still very cool.