Frazier- for what it's worth

BobbyC81

My local paper (Sacramento Bee, a McClatchy paper) had these notes on Leslie Frazier:

"A former Chicago Bears defensive teammate of Mike Singletary on the Super Bowl XX championship team, Frazier worked his way up the ranks as a defensive backs coach before becoming a highly regarded defensive coordinator in Minnesota.

He's said to be a leader of men with a high football IQ. Look for Frazier to become the Buffalo Bills' new coach as soon as this week and for him to have a longer NFL coaching career than Pete Carroll in Seattle."

The "He's said to be a leader of men with a high football IQ." line reminds me too much of someone else once part of the Bears organization.

My local paper (Sacramento Bee, a McClatchy paper) had these notes on Leslie Frazier:

"A former Chicago Bears defensive teammate of Mike Singletary on the Super Bowl XX championship team, Frazier worked his way up the ranks as a defensive backs coach before becoming a highly regarded defensive coordinator in Minnesota.

He's said to be a leader of men with a high football IQ. Look for Frazier to become the Buffalo Bills' new coach as soon as this week and for him to have a longer NFL coaching career than Pete Carroll in Seattle."

The "He's said to be a leader of men with a high football IQ." line reminds me too much of someone else once part of the Bears organization.

Second time I've heard the "leader of men" thing. I think Jay Glazer also raved about how he "commands a room".

Barak Obama? Oh, i thought you meant in Chicago.

Please no Frazyuh. If the Bills were a 10-6, 11-5 team I'd be more comfortable handing it off to him. Or, if the Bills had a stellar front office... like in Indy, New England, or San Diego I'd say sure, let him have at it. But the Bills ain't in that situation...

The next HC is walking into a mess... and I don't just mean the FO. The Bills front 7 on D has to be addressed. Schobel will probably not be back, Kelsay isn't playing up to his contract, and Stroud has slipped. All three LB positions need to be addressed. On offense, both tackles and a wr to go with Evans (and no... no wr on the roster is ready for prime time other than Evans) as well as the QB need serious upgrading. TE still needs to be addressed. The 220 lb. TE experiment with Schouman is over... maybe he could be a third string possession receiver. Fine has turned out to be an injury waiting to happen... ditto with Nelson. And, then the depth issue has to be adressed and potentially RB with Lynch continuing to lose brain cells.

So, we've got Nix, Guy, and Modrak watching the house. Anybody getting a warm & fuzzy? The only thing that can prop this trifecta up is either one hell of an over the shoulder 80 ft. trey hitting the back iron and then in at the buzzer in triple OT (Frazyuh), or Bill Cowher, Schotty, the ghost of Vince Lombardi, or God.

Just for schittz & giggles... take the SD Chargers, Tennessee Titans, or Dallas Cowboys and grade their players. Then go down the bills roster and grade them. Dudes... this team is not just a couple of fries short of a happy meal... we're missing the burger, the pickle, the ketchup, mustard, and the soft drink.... but we've got a soggy bun.

The more I read about him I like him...He reminds me of a young Dungy...

Dungy is a little over rated , one super bowl with manning and he had to leave t.b for them to win one.

Plus the Colts didn't exactly fall of a cliff when he left

Dungy is a little over rated , one super bowl with manning and he had to leave t.b for them to win one.

Plus the Colts didn't exactly fall of a cliff when he left

If Dungy is overrated what does that make Cowher and Billick with their one ring apiece? And what about Marty Schottenheimer? You know, the three coaches everyone here is pining for?

I have a big problem with people comparing Frazier to Dick Jauron because he has a high football IQ and a relaxed personality.

Let's seperate Dick Jauron the player motivator from Dick Jauron the game manager.

As a player motivator, Dick Jauron had players constantly going to bat for him. Where Jauron failed as a football coach was his ultra-conservative, simplified, predictable ...play not to lose gameplans and his complete head scratching clock management and strategical decisions.

Does Leslie Frazier's personality make him more apt to throwing the ball with a 4th quarter lead with 2 minutes to go in the Meadowlands, or running a defensive play that allows the Cowboys to get out of bounds on a 10-yard out when the entire stadium knows that's their only chance of winning the game?

To me, hiring a head coach is like running the NFL draft. Do you draft for need or by best available. By all accounts, Leslie Frazier has been one of the top coordinators in the NFL to be an NFL head coach for a while, and might be the next great one. So, should we choose him, or a coordinator with an offensive background, because our offense stinks?

Frazier is said to have great connections around the league and has the ability to put together a top staff, so does it really matter if we have an offensive minded head coach if we get a proven offensive mind like Al Saunders to come in and run our offense?

Please no Frazyuh. If the Bills were a 10-6, 11-5 team I'd be more comfortable handing it off to him. Or, if the Bills had a stellar front office... like in Indy, New England, or San Diego I'd say sure, let him have at it. But the Bills ain't in that situation...

The next HC is walking into a mess... and I don't just mean the FO. The Bills front 7 on D has to be addressed. Schobel will probably not be back, Kelsay isn't playing up to his contract, and Stroud has slipped. All three LB positions need to be addressed. On offense, both tackles and a wr to go with Evans (and no... no wr on the roster is ready for prime time other than Evans) as well as the QB need serious upgrading. TE still needs to be addressed. The 220 lb. TE experiment with Schouman is over... maybe he could be a third string possession receiver. Fine has turned out to be an injury waiting to happen... ditto with Nelson. And, then the depth issue has to be adressed and potentially RB with Lynch continuing to lose brain cells.

So, we've got Nix, Guy, and Modrak watching the house. Anybody getting a warm & fuzzy? The only thing that can prop this trifecta up is either one hell of an over the shoulder 80 ft. trey hitting the back iron and then in at the buzzer in triple OT (Frazyuh), or Bill Cowher, Schotty, the ghost of Vince Lombardi, or God.

Just for schittz & giggles... take the SD Chargers, Tennessee Titans, or Dallas Cowboys and grade their players. Then go down the bills roster and grade them. Dudes... this team is not just a couple of fries short of a happy meal... we're missing the burger, the pickle, the ketchup, mustard, and the soft drink.... but we've got a soggy bun.

If the picture you've painted is as bleak as it is, and I don't think many of us would argue with you on that, why is Brian Schottenheimer or any other candidate more prepared than Leslie Frazier? We're not getting Cowher or Marty Ball, so the sooner you let that dream die and join the rest of us in reality, then you'll be back on the same page as us.

Of the coordinators ready to be NFL head coaches, Frazier is considered by many NFL insiders to be the next big time candidate.

Listening to Sirius NFL radio they all think Frazier is one of the next great NFL head coaches. Of course the TBD Peanut gallery knows better.

PTR

Ya know, John Fox was in that handful of of first time HCs a few years back. Some of them worked out and some of them didn't. All of the football talking heads love Frazier, nice..........but does anybody need to be reminded that every talking head had nothing but nice things to say about Jauron? All the way to the bitter end, everybody outside of the four walls here at TBD, loved the guy. Find a quote by a football person that had anything other than a glowing report for Jauron. He seemed to be everyone's sweetheart.

That is the part that scares me about Frazier. He is a nice guy, a soft spoken guy, well respected in NFL circles, sound familiar???

Why not try to pry away a "known" commodity in a coach like John Fox? He was an assistant who proved himself when guys like Mularky and Williams did not. Give the man what he really wants for Xmas: more than a one year contract!!