Raiders to Fire Head Coach Cable Today

& do not forget in the off season, back in oakland gangster Lynch will be running around the streets, smoking his weed, packing heat, stealing everybody's $20 bills & running down any overweight pedestrian that dares gets in his way.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

& do not forget in the off season, back in oakland gangster Lynch will be running around the streets, smoking his weed, packing heat, stealing everybody's $20 bills & running down any overweight pedestrian that dares gets in his way.
We should trade lynch to oakland that be a match in hell plus Al would likely gives us a first rounder for him

I think the Raiders are a much bigger mess than the Bills. And I speak with some decent authority on the matter being that I come from a family of Raider fans and we all live in NorCal. They really are much more dysfunctional,imo. They have all the same problems as the Bills and then some. I think Cable could be successful there if they let him make HIS own decisions. Namely benching (or cutting) Jamarcus and starting Gradkowski.

I don't think a multi-millionaire cares about traffic, home prices or fears getting killed. It is MUCH better here than WNY and of course that's my opinion but I think I probably have more people on my side.

U guys don't know fine dining, but Buffalo has TGI Fridays!

Old Al may hire crappy coaches, but at least he fires them when they quickly prove they are crappy.

Really?

Both have an old, meddlesome, somewhat crazy owner.

The Raiders aren't involved in any "move the Raiders to LA" discussions.

The Raiders have actually WON superbowls and been in the playoffs in the last decade

All in all, I'd say the Raiders might be ahead of us.

IMO, Wilson is nowhere near as meddlesome as Davis, Snyder, or Jones. Any one of those 3 make Wilson look like a light weight.

As for playoff appearances, the Raiders last made the playoff in 2002. Since then (with head coaches):

2002: 11-5 (Callahan)

2003: 4-12 (Callahan)

2004: 5-11 (Turner)

2005: 4-12 (Turner)

2006: 2-14 (Shell)

2007: 4-12 (Kiffin)

2008: 5-11 (Kiffin, Cable)

2009: 5-11 (Cable)

I included the 2002 season because that was Callahan's first year. Talk about a coaching carousel.

In comparison to the Raiders, the Bills are a "dream" job.

U guys don't know fine dining, but Buffalo has TGI Fridays!

Old Al may hire crappy coaches, but at least he fires them when they quickly prove they are crappy.

I thought Cable actually had the team playing really well the latter part of the season. So I don't now if the crappy rating is appropriate for him.

IMO, Wilson is nowhere near as meddlesome as Davis, Snyder, or Jones. Any one of those 3 make Wilson look like a light weight.

As for playoff appearances, the Raiders last made the playoff in 2002. Since then (with head coaches):

I included the 2002 season because that was Callahan's first year. Talk about a coaching carousel.

You should put the Bills' records side by side. 2 or 3 more wins without playoff possibilties is the same thing. Failure. Fact is, they WERE in a Superbowl in 2002.

Oakland situation WORSE than Buffalo? Though hardly good, it's not worse.

Really?

Both have an old, meddlesome, somewhat crazy owner.

The Raiders aren't involved in any "move the Raiders to LA" discussions.

The Raiders have actually WON superbowls and been in the playoffs in the last decade

All in all, I'd say the Raiders might be ahead of us.

Get off of it. Like any coach, or player for that matter, is going to actually care that the Raiders won a Super Bowl 20 years ago. It means nothing as far as what is happening today.

It is completely up to the individual that is being interviewed as to what loaction and situation is best for them.

And by the way, the Raiders moved to LA once already and then moved back. Not that it has anything to do with hiring a coach.

Wishful thinking, closer to a Nightmare is you look at the reaction of everyone they are trying to hire in Buffalo. The Raiders were in the Super Bowl this past decade, the Bills never even made the playoffs. At very best from a Buffalo perspective, they are evenly bad, but most people would probably consider the Bills worse when they look at the ownership issues, possible move, unstability.

Wishful thinking, closer to a Nightmare is you look at the reaction of everyone they are trying to hire in Buffalo.

What reactions? The only things we have been subjected to are rumors and pure speculation.

There are very little amount of facts floating around.

The Raiders were in the Super Bowl this past decade, the Bills never even made the playoffs. At very best from a Buffalo perspective, they are evenly bad, but most people would probably consider the Bills worse when they look at the ownership issues, possible move, unstability.

The Raiders made the SB in 2002, and have been terrible since. Yes, worse than Buffalo. Not a single winning season since then. Hell, even the Bills generated a winning season since 2002.

I will agree with the ownership issues. Ralph's age has to be a major concern. When he dies, nobody knows who the new owner will be, nor do they know where the team will end up.