Jason Peters pro bowl

zazie

Sure I'm aware of that contract extension they gave him that was more then fair earlier in his career. But are you aware that the Eagles not only paid him his top payday immediately, but that they also traded a first round draft pick to the Bills for the privalege of being able to pay him all that money? And despite their disapointing playoff game this past weekend, Peters did help the Eagles make the playoffs again this season, and that he was voted to another Pro Bowl? Maybe if the Bills would have drated Mike Oher with the Maybin pick, or Phil Loadholt with the Wood pick, I would not still be defending Peters right now. But as Peters begins his off season workouts in Philly, as their starting LT, coming off 3 consecutive Pro Bowl seasons, who exactly is the Bills starting LT beginning his off season workouts up here?? If you "are aware" of who that player is, could you fill me in please???

The Eagles made the playoffs in 7 of the 9 seasons prior to this one. So they didn't need Peters to make them. But this is the first playoff in which they bowed-out in the first game, and Peters had a horrible game. Is that a coincidence?

As for Loadholt or Oher, they're RT's and the Bills had a RT in Brad Butler. Unfortunately he got injured, something they couldn't have foreseen. And they cut Walker, who would have been a good replacement for Butler, which was admittedly a mistake. But again, paying Peters what he wanted just because they needed a LT wasn't a good idea.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles made the playoffs in 7 of the 9 seasons prior to this one. So they didn't need Peters to make them. But this is the first playoff in which they bowed-out in the first game, and Peters had a horrible game. Is that a coincidence?

As for Loadholt or Oher, they're RT's and the Bills had a RT in Brad Butler. Unfortunately he got injured, something they couldn't have foreseen. And they cut Walker, who would have been a good replacement for Butler, which was admittedly a mistake. But again, paying Peters what he wanted just because they needed a LT wasn't a good idea.

Loadholt and Oher are RT's now, just finishing up their rookie seasons. When McKinnie gets a couple more years along in Minnesota, don't be surprised to see big Loadholt switched over to left. And I don't know who the starting LT is in Baltimore, but Oher looks like he's good enough to switch over if needed too. Besides, even with Langston Walker penciled in at LT and a healthy Brad Butler moving out to RT, I still thought the Bills needed to draft the best OT available with either one of their two first round picks, after they traded Peters.

I live in Philly and I will tell you this about Jason Peters. Jason peters has continued on with his me first/worry about strong LT statistics first vs the betterment of the team. The top three Defensive Ends/Pass rushers he was to face this year (in no particular stack ranked order) were: Shawn Merriman - San Diego, Rich Seymour - Oakland and Demarcus Ware, Dellas Cowboys.

He is a summary of each of meeting:

Shawn Merriman - Peters inactive. Merriman destroys that side of the O-Line and San Diego wins big.

Rich Seymour - Peters has to get carted off the field in the first half. Seymour goes on to destroy that side of the O-Line as well. In the fourth Quarter, the camera is on Andy Reid. STANDING Right behind him is #71. So tell me, how does an ALL PRO that is carted off the field with what looks to be a serious knee injury ends up, and is allowed to, standing on the sideline to watch the game? Oakland upsets Philly and costs Philly the division title.

DeMarcus Ware - all three games, Ware won the battle by a significant margin. I am actually surprised by how handily Ware owned Peters.

So I am not here to say that our LT's played better than Peters this year. I am here to say that Peters has continued on with his lazy/me first/I play when I want to play attitude. His demeanor will not stay swept under the rug for long. I think the reason he is not getting torched by the local media is because Andy Reid pushed hard for the trade, wanted to sign Peters to the huge contract, and yes, Andy Reid has a great relationship with the media.

well explained. peters is a GOOD LT....thats all..not worth 10 million/yr

These Peters posts never end.

It is what it is. You can root for him or against him, but let's move on in either case. The Bills need to focus on finding a new LT, that's the reality.

Don't blame us. Zazie decided to make this his personal soapbox...again...

Just noticed he is back in as a starter.

He did not do well the last 2 weeks but he must have done something right he keeps getting the nod.

LOL. obviously you didnt listen to Sirius this morning. Randy Cross (a great offensive guard) ripped peters to shreds.

he said he is to heavy played terrible and he cannot handle speed rushers.

Actually they spent about 5 minutes ripping Peters a new ass on the show this morning while discussing the game. they said Ware gave him an ass whipping the whole game.

it was good to hear someone else calling him a fat ass and that someone being one of the best guards to play the game!

Are you aware that the Bills did just what you are suggesting? They signed him to a contract extension at a hefty raise. But a year later he listened to that scumbag agent and held out. I rarely defend the Bills brass, but they signed the guy after he was undrafted and switched him from being a tight end to an offensive tackle. He blossomed in the position and they gave him an appropriate raise. A number of other agents even commented at the time that the holdout was out-of-line for his situation. It's easy to say "pay the man," but the circumstances were such that the organization would have set a bad precedent that would encourage other players to do the same thing. It would have been different if Peters didn't agree to the extension and raise in pay, but he did, and had three years to go on the new contract. After being named to the Pro Bowl, it went to his head and he wanted a top payday immediately instead of a couple years down the road.

what do you expect from a guy who's licence plate says "franchise"

Perfectly said, what people fail to recognize is Peter's had one year left on his contract and did not want to be here, the bills did exactly the right thing! Peters in my opinion did not deserve the pro bowl his last year in buffalo, what makes you think he deserved it this year in buffalo? The voting is a total popularity contest a guy named Rueben Brown in my opinion made about five he shouldn't have but thats my opinion.

sorry my friend you are incorrect. after his second year in which he played RT. the bills at their own asking signed him to a new 5 year deal worth 15 million.

i still remember the jerk @ the press conference saying how thankful he was to the bills . how he never thought that being an undrafted free agent (who by the way nobody wanted except buffalo) would ever make this kind of money and he thanked the bills.

then the next year he made the pro bowl @ LT and fired his agent and hired Parker. then the trouble started. he held out the whole off season, wouldn't talk to anyone including his teammates and came back the first week before the opener.

so in reality he did not have one year remaining he had 3 years remaining on his bills contract when he was traded.

the guy is a me first ungrateful piece of sh-t!

when i heard Randy Cross rip him for his play this weekend i had a hard on. he basically said JP was Wares B word the whole day!

is he better than our LT's yes but he and his agent are both cancers and Woods is the best type of player we could ever have hoped for!

sorry my friend you are incorrect. after his second year in which he played RT. the bills at their own asking signed him to a new 5 year deal worth 15 million.

i still remember the jerk @ the press conference saying how thankful he was to the bills . how he never thought that being an undrafted free agent (who by the way nobody wanted except buffalo) would ever make this kind of money and he thanked the bills.

then the next year he made the pro bowl @ LT and fired his agent and hired Parker. then the trouble started. he held out the whole off season, wouldn't talk to anyone including his teammates and came back the first week before the opener.

so in reality he did not have one year remaining he had 3 years remaining on his bills contract when he was traded.

the guy is a me first ungrateful piece of sh-t!

when i heard Randy Cross rip him for his play this weekend i had a hard on. he basically said JP was Wares B word the whole day!

is he better than our LT's yes but he and his agent are both cancers and Woods is the best type of player we could ever have hoped for!

His agent for sure is a prick it was because of him the whole Peters thing, and also Byrd held off on surgery so long last summer, at the behest of his agent.

If you think we are not going to have big trouble, and soon, with Byrd now that he is a pro bowler, well, I think you may be in for a surprise.

Players often do exactly what their agents tell them. Wouldn't surprise me if Byrd started not showing up this offseason too, and definately next off season, unless the Bills sweeten him (assuming he plays next season up to the standard he et this season).

Dont be naive, the bad guy here IS the agent, for trying (successfully) to get the best deal for his clients.

And since Russ has already shown himself to be no match for Parker, who knows where Byrd may be in 2-3 years.

Loadholt and Oher are RT's now, just finishing up their rookie seasons. When McKinnie gets a couple more years along in Minnesota, don't be surprised to see big Loadholt switched over to left. And I don't know who the starting LT is in Baltimore, but Oher looks like he's good enough to switch over if needed too. Besides, even with Langston Walker penciled in at LT and a healthy Brad Butler moving out to RT, I still thought the Bills needed to draft the best OT available with either one of their two first round picks, after they traded Peters.

Considering the discussion is about the here and now, Loadholt and Oher wouldn't have helped the Bills at LT this year. If you want to talk future, I could just as easily say that Andy Levitre will be the Bills' eventual starting LT. But the Ravens tried Oher at LT and were so impressed, they re-inserted Gaither back there after he returned from injury. And the Ravens weren't/aren't too high on Gaither.

Again, the Bills plan at the time they traded Peters was to have Walker play LT, a position he'd played before, including with the Bills. The offense did little in pre-season and Walker probably said some things that ruffled some feathers, which led to his release. Again, that was a mistake, and even moreso when the no-huddle was scrapped altogether. They should have never used the no-huddle, kept Walker at LT, and things would have been somewhat better, barring injury to Walker, which given the way the season went, wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

So the Eagles had a better season last year and somehow...Jason Peters is their key to their season that ended in the first round in which they looked thoroughly outclassed? It sounds like the Eagles made a move from the Jauron playbook and it got them a step closer to a Jauron type record.

You guys are tripping! Besides 1-2 plays Ware barely touched McNabb in 3 games against Peters! McNabb got mostly coverage sacks as he had all day to throw the ball and when he was pressured it was from the other side. Give Peters a rest and move on!

Maybe the team would have been better off drafting Ryan Clady in 2008 instead of Painted Lawn McKelvin?

:wallbash:

Fans would have hated him, just as they ran Jason Peters, Ruben Brown, Dusty Zeigler and Glen Parker out of town......that would be a pretty good offensive line!