How can you not love Kurt Warner?

Steely Dan

From bag boy to probable HOFer the guy is just a great story. I'm surprised nobody in Hollywood has thought about making a movie about him. Maybe after his playing days are over they will. He's a little over-religious but hey I might think divine intervention if my life was like his.

He's fun to watch play. It's like rooting for the underdog. :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From bag boy to probable HOFer the guy is just a great story. I'm surprised nobody in Hollywood has thought about making a movie about him. Maybe after his playing days are over they will. He's a little over-religious but hey I might think divine intervention if my life was like his.

For some reason he rubs me the wrong way. Don't ask why cuz I don't know.

If he would stop with the Bible thumping after every game it would be great.

I cannot stand players that thank God after a win. Do you think God gives two flying craps about the outcome of the football game? And moreover, why don't you every blame God after a loss? Keep the Church stuff at, well, church. It makes the reporter uncomfortable, it makes the audience uncomfortable.

How about thanking your offensive line and going to the locker room.

I cannot stand players that thank God after a win. Do you think God gives two flying craps about the outcome of the football game? And moreover, why don't you every blame God after a loss? Keep the Church stuff at, well, church. It makes the reporter uncomfortable, it makes the audience uncomfortable.

You know, for the first time, I saw a player do that this week...Colt McCoy. He didn't blame God for a loss (or in his case, his injury) but he did acknowledge that it was God's doing. Until that moment, I think the tally of "God invocations" was about 6 billion to zero in favor of wins vs. losses.

But FWIW, doesn't really bother me either way...it was just nice to see some consistency. :lol:

I've always loved Warner. The Bible beating doesn't bother me although I understand why it would rub others wrong. But honestly, how many times a year do you hear it? Once? And thats when he does make the playoffs?

Mainly, he's a great guy, great story, and a total gamer. Hard to not like that combo.

For some reason he rubs me the wrong way. Don't ask why cuz I don't know.

I'm with you. The story and his act were somewhat interesting when he first joined the NFL, but I've had enough of it. He seems like a bit of a douche and his wife seems even worse.

I don't know him, and I may very well be wrong. Just a feeling I have.

Totally agree, could not of said it better myself. I am routing for the cardinals from here on out. What a gutsy effort by both teams. Total class act is Kurt Warner.

You know, for the first time, I saw a player do that this week...Colt McCoy. He didn't blame God for a loss (or in his case, his injury) but he did acknowledge that it was God's doing. Until that moment, I think the tally of "God invocations" was about 6 billion to zero in favor of wins vs. losses.

But FWIW, doesn't really bother me either way...it was just nice to see some consistency. :lol:

We had the game won, until Jesus made me fumble!

I'm with you. The story and his act were somewhat interesting when he first joined the NFL, but I've had enough of it. He seems like a bit of a douche and his wife seems even worse.

Yeah, it's not something you can put a finger on, but something about him seems inauthentic to me. He plays this part of of the humble altruistic man and then I keep seeing him acting like an asshat on the field, whining at refs, arguing with coaches and calling out his own teammates in front of the entire world.

I don't get the sense he's the noble, selfless guy he tries to portray.

"christian" is why they wont make a movie. Good guy Christian doesnt fit the narrative.

The world needs to be saved and so do you. God bless the Bible thumping QB....

Jesus Christ, what the hell has warner ever done to anybody. It is pretty pathetic, this board will go to no ends to support & justify the actions of a thug like Lynch; & that is exactly what he is, but people nitpick because warner brings up religion once in awhile. This guy is a hall of famer & one of the best that has ever played the position, & he has always done it with class & dignity. i usually agree with you deano, but your off base on this one imho. Good to have you back brother.

Jesus Christ, what the hell has warner ever done to anybody. It is pretty pathetic, this board will go to no ends to support & justify the actions of a thug like Lynch; & that is exactly what he is, but people nitpick because warner brings up religion once in awhile. This guy is a hall of famer & one of the best that has ever played the position, & he has always done it with class & dignity. i usually agree with you deano, but your off base on this one imho. Good to have you back brother.

+1