How bad are Pats fans?

Fingon

Still though... back then it wouldn't have raised many eyebrows if a playoff game was blacked out. It would be national news in a heartbeat today.

Especially in such a small far reaching market as BFLO.

No excuse for the major markets with millions of fans not to sell out a 60-70k seat stadium. No excuse.

Um, ... the Bills didn't sell out the comeback game against the Oilers.

No excuses, but the Bills were just coming off of a regular season game where they lost to the Oilers BADLY...they were also playing without Jimbo and Biscuit, and Thurman was down for the game too (can't recall if he even started it or not). Anyway there was lots of reasons to think the Bills would not do well in the game so I can see a few thousand people not attending, but again....when we sell 75,000-77,000 tickets in our small market and we don't get a sellout is ridiculous since much larger markets only had to sell 65,000, etc. To compare Buff in '92-'93 to the spoiled asses that are NE fans of today is silly.

Post if you find it. I couldn't, but it's probably out there somewhere. Come to think of it, it'll be in Relentless, but I can't locate my copy.

Relentless has 75,141. Not sure if that includes no-shows or actual paid attendance.

Anyone else enjoying watching the Pats getting spanked?

:wallbash:

YES!

Baltimore must have put a fake playbook out there so the those cheating Pats* could get there hands on it.

If the Pats* lose... Look for Belicheck* to have that deer in the headlights look... You know the one that screams: "I thought I copied the right answers before the game."

:worthy:

No excuses, but the Bills were just coming off of a regular season game where they lost to the Oilers BADLY...they were also playing without Jimbo and Biscuit, and Thurman was down for the game too (can't recall if he even started it or not). Anyway there was lots of reasons to think the Bills would not do well in the game so I can see a few thousand people not attending, but again....when we sell 75,000-77,000 tickets in our small market and we don't get a sellout is ridiculous since much larger markets only had to sell 65,000, etc. To compare Buff in '92-'93 to the spoiled asses that are NE fans of today is silly.

Pretty similar for the Pats, actually - Welker injured, the team not as good as in past years (they're even worse than the 11-5 2008 squad), a 9-7 opponent. Most Pats fans I know have completely written the season off and regard it as a failure. They're used to more, just as Bills fans were in 1992. Also, don't forget to factor in prices - the Pats' ticket prices are outrageously high.

Pretty similar for the Pats, actually - Welker injured, the team not as good as in past years (they're even worse than the 11-5 2008 squad), a 9-7 opponent. Most Pats fans I know have completely written the season off and regard it as a failure. They're used to more, just as Bills fans were in 1992. Also, don't forget to factor in prices - the Pats' ticket prices are outrageously high.

Still it's the greater Boston area, there's plenty of loot to spend on tix. And if it were BRADY not Welker, I could maybe understand the comparison bit more.

Anyone else enjoying watching the Pats getting spanked?

:wallbash:

Loving it!! Especially the Brady screw-ups!

Baby must be getting to him!!

Anyone who thinks that the Patriots better days are behind them are delusional.

Remember, too, that Boston has at least 5 times the population of Buffalo and a much higher per capita income. Considering that, it's shameful that they can't sell out a playoff game, if that's indeed the case, high ticket prices or not.

Methinks we're seeing the beginning of the end here--look at their roster for next year and you see holes all over. Among them:

RB--three guys in their mid-30s (Taylor, Faulk and Morris) and one fumble-prone first round bust (Maroney). How many mid-30s backs are there in the ENTIRE LEAGUE? Anyone else suspect PED use here in New England, based on this stat alone? Seriously, I can't think of another 34 year old back in the League, but New England has two of them and I believe Morris is 32 or 33.

WR--Who's behind Moss now that Welker's out until at least late October by most accounts? No one right now....

OL--I've read they may cut Light due to Volmer coming on and Light's salary ($4.5 million). If so, despite today's game, I say "welcome to B'lo", Matt! Their other guys like Koppen and Neal and Kaczur are no longer spring chickens, either.

DL--Fat Vince is as good as gone, IMHO, and will probably command the biggest FA contract in the League this offseason. Brace has been a huge disappointment to replace him, not even dressing for most games. Warren's been injured and the rest are pedestrian. Need two to three new bodies here if they can't re-sign VW. If they do, there goes most of their FA budget.

LB--Thomas is basically gone, leaving them with Mayo and a bunch of nobodies, since I believe TBC is also a FA. Mayo's looked slow this year (still hurt?) and folks who rip on Poz ought to realize that he's got 3 times as many big plays (INTs, FF, Sacks) as Mr. ROY.....

Secondary--this group sucks to begin with and will lose Bodden (another FA), their best player. Springs is ancient (again, HGH only works so long) and the rest have been massively underwhelming despite being 2nd round draft choices in many cases. Where are all the Pats* fans talking smack about Chung over Byrd now?

Seriously, absent Krafty Bob writing $50 million in SB checks this offseason (a possibility), I suspect they'll win maybe 8 games next year. You read it here first folks. Unfortunately, it's the Jets who are most likely to cash in on the Pats* weakness, but better the Jets than the Cheats* in my book......

Pats* fans are so fair weather BUT in defense of them I don't know how high the ticket prices were I think that with the recent success and the new stadium they would be fairly high. Still its a good team and a playoff game the stadium should be sold out. Even if the prices were doubled and then some Buffalo fans would sell that stadium out in a heart beat.

Remember, too, that Boston has at least 5 times the population of Buffalo and a much higher per capita income. Considering that, it's shameful that they can't sell out a playoff game, if that's indeed the case, high ticket prices or not.

And what you really have to take into consideration is that this team considers itself the home team of all of New England including Maine, NH, RI, and Western CT in addition to Massachusetts. (Yes, I left out Vermont intentionally. I really don't think a significant # of people make the long drive to Foxboro from there.)

Methinks we're seeing the beginning of the end here--look at their roster for next year and you see holes all over.

Seriously, absent Krafty Bob writing $50 million in SB checks this offseason (a possibility), I suspect they'll win maybe 8 games next year. You read it here first folks. Unfortunately, it's the Jets who are most likely to cash in on the Pats* weakness, but better the Jets than the Cheats* in my book......

I agree with your assessment of the team's flaws, but they do have 4 picks in the first two rounds in the 2010 draft. The question is how many of them can be impact players in year one.

1st Round (Currently 27nd Overall)

2nd Round (Titans - Currently 43rd Overall)

2nd Round (Jaguars - Currently 45th Overall)

2nd Round (Currently 59th Overall)

4th Round

6th Round

7th Round (PHI -for Greg Lewis)

7th Round (DEN - for Russ Hochstein)

These picks have been traded away:

3rd Round (OAK - Derrick Burgess)

5th Round (OAK - Derrick Burgess, Thru DEN - Le Kevin Smith)

5th Round (TB - Alex Smith)

7th Round (Den - Le Kevin Smith)

The 1st round pick they got from Chokeland for Richard Seymour is a 2011 pick.