Anyone else feel like just giving up?

been routing for this team for 35+ years.. and if they leave Buffalo I'm not even watching the NFl anymore cause I will never be bale to have loyalty to any other city fo rany reason. Even though I live north of Seattle I still can't get into the Seahwks liek th eI do the Bills.

So if the Bills do not hire a proven experienced HC I will reduce my participation to fair weather fan, and if they look to be a SB contender again someday at that point I will jump back on.

But I'm not going to suffer through what we have the last 10 years. I barely watched 70% of hte games this year and there is no way I'm spending $300 on the sunday ticket/Superfan to watch this mess without a real reason like a real coach.

If any of you are really so stupid as to blindly follow this team because its better then not having a team well then you are a world class sucker

wouldnt that make you a first class sucker too? u been following a weak team 10+ years. and on top of that you callin us stupid?

not cool.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I sense some sarcasm

Because the drop out rates have decreased dramatically year to year since the 70's... as evident by statistics from the National Education site:

http://nces.ed.gov/FastFacts/display.asp?id=16

No Eric wasn't being sarcastic, he's just ignorant like that. And YOU, why is it every time I see you involved in a thread, you're getting it from all angles? I told you when you PM'd me, to lighten up francis and not be so damn sensitive. If you have this sort of troubles here, then I can only imagine how things are in your real life.

I got into a conversation last night with one of my neighbors who is also a Bills fan. We were talking about this year's disaster and the futility of the last 10 years. We discussed the coaching search and I told him my biggest fear is that we get another hot coordinator and it turns into another one of these 3 year disaster stints.

We also discussed why someone like Cowher might not want to coach the Bills. We love this team and we think that it should be a great job for every coach. As fans of the team we have trouble seeing through our own bias but when you stand back and look at the last 15 years it's not hard to understand. After an amazing SB run everyone responsible for that team is either fired or leaves prematurely. The only one that stuck around was Levy. Our owner is regarded as meddlesome and our management structure is laughable. Added to that pile of issues is the fact that our owner is 90+ years old and we have no idea what will happen to the team when he passes.

Every year I put myself through the emotional roller coaster of hope-reality-despair. Why do we continue to punish ourselves?

In the end, we both agreed that life would be simpler if we could just cut ties and jump to another team. The problem is that being a Bills fan isn't something you decide, it's something you are. Rooting for another team might give me hope but it just feels dirty.

So how to cope when your team is in disarray........................

Mike, I feel your pain. being a Bills fan is not a decision, it's part of your very existence. I mean, it IS what being from Buffalo is all about. Say what you want about the crappy city, but noone can ever question the passion and loyalty of what makes up a Buffalo Bills fan. It is true, our Mondays are defined by what happens on our Sundays. We ARE BUFFALO.

Nothing is more gut wrenching than to have the mere thought of jumping ship cross ones mind. Honestly Mike, you can't. As much as you wish you could, you can NEVER abandon the Bills. None of us can. We didn't sit in the cold, wind and rain and suffer humiliating loss after loss, just to change our colors. NO..... HELL NO we piss and moan, have another cold one and make plans for next week, or next season. That's what we do. And Dammit, we don't apologize for it either. We'll cry in our beer, piss and moan about the owner, management, coaches, cheerleaders, hell even the ticket takers are not immune to our scorn, but NEVER,,,,,,,NEVER will we stop yelling and screaming from the very core of our being to the top of our lungs;

GO B U F F A L O ................... Go B I L L S

THAT"S how to cope when your team is in disarray........................

APUS is another resident poster who knows better than to question the future and stability of the franchise. Don't take it personally, there are several of them around here that question the fact that we wonder if this team will ever return to being a top NFL team.

Mostly, these posters show up during the offseason to talk up how next season will be better. And without variation, they're wrong. I've seen it happen for three going on four offseasons now.

sounds to me like he is a plant from the Russ Brandon propaganda machine

No offense but I freaking hate these "woe is me" threads. The good won't feel so good without the bad. So when the Bills (or maybe if :wallbash: ) starting winning, how great would it feel?

In my own life, there is nothing I despise worse than a quitter. They are cowards. It is easy to quit when things are tough. So if you really want to find another team, quit. i don't think most people care. But if the Bills win, don't come back.

tbarrett2030 is the Howard Beale of TBD. And this is best help he ever got.

I care what you think why.....?

Keep the personal insults coming, internet tough boy. Shows how mature you are.

Im not the one who started insulting and mocking someone because they never seen a movie that I have no interest in seeing like a handful of you guys did.

You could be a My Yami Dolphins fan where your team is owned by J Lo, Marc Lo, Jimmy Buffet, Warren Buffet, The Miami Sound Machine, Venus and Serena Williams, Andy Dick, Lisa Lampanelli, Beach Tar, Frozen Iguanas, Sham Wow and Spartacus.

yes your totally right:

even statistics disagree with you:

http://nces.ed.gov/FastFacts/display.asp?id=16

-And yes im 21 (Correct on 1 thing), Graduated in 2007. Lowest ever drop out rate year

Seriously, people were just having fun with the fact that you had not seen a classic movie and then took notice of tbarrett"2030". Honestly, everyone here has been overly generous not to say more to you about MANY other posts that you have created to respond in your defense which have been total failures. All in all, we are all Bills fans here and don't take things so personal.

As for Mike in Syracuse I have posted in the past about how being a Bills fan is apart of your heart and soul. I agree with another post that mentioned you just feel dirty cheering for another team. There is another angle that Bills fans have to think about more and more which is the fact that the Bills may no longer be in Buffalo or even be the "Bills" any longer. Most of the time being a fan of the team you will always be able to look to the future to finally have the Championship moment and you can hold that thought to help carry you through the grind of, in our case, a decade of failure. I know Mike's not going anywhere and neither am I, but part of what a fan needs to go through another rebuilding phase for a team is not really there for the Bills and you just start to question things just to keep some sanity. You start looking at those jerseys in your drawer of players that RW has decided to let go even though they were important to the team and to you. Start thinking of how much money you spend on a team and where it is going and if you really want that anymore.

Sucks that this is our situation. BUT if hell freezes over and the Bills hit the lottery on a good coach, probably a no name one since it seems any of the notable ones aren't coming, and draft a real QB, some supporting lineman and go find some LBs that are bigger then 230 lbs that can survive a season and the Bills WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!! No other teams fans will feel that joy like us Bills fans will.

I care what you think why.....?

Keep the personal insults coming, internet tough boy. Shows how mature you are.

Im not the one who started insulting and mocking someone because they never seen a movie that I have no interest in seeing like a handful of you guys did.

I'm embarrassed that you attend the same institution that some of my good friends used to years ago. You come off as a spoiled kid that can't take some good natured ribbing. If you can't handle it and stop making a fool of yourself, it's best to do something else.

And I'm quite certain you don't know who Howard Beale is, unless of course you've consulted wikipedia or imdb. Relax for goodness sakes.