Anyone else feel like just giving up?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into a conversation last night with one of my neighbors who is also a Bills fan. We were talking about this year's disaster and the futility of the last 10 years. We discussed the coaching search and I told him my biggest fear is that we get another hot coordinator and it turns into another one of these 3 year disaster stints.

We also discussed why someone like Cowher might not want to coach the Bills. We love this team and we think that it should be a great job for every coach. As fans of the team we have trouble seeing through our own bias but when you stand back and look at the last 15 years it's not hard to understand. After an amazing SB run everyone responsible for that team is either fired or leaves prematurely. The only one that stuck around was Levy. Our owner is regarded as meddlesome and our management structure is laughable. Added to that pile of issues is the fact that our owner is 90+ years old and we have no idea what will happen to the team when he passes.

Every year I put myself through the emotional roller coaster of hope-reality-despair. Why do we continue to punish ourselves?

In the end, we both agreed that life would be simpler if we could just cut ties and jump to another team. The problem is that being a Bills fan isn't something you decide, it's something you are. Rooting for another team might give me hope but it just feels dirty.

So how to cope when your team is in disarray........................

what a quitter...man up Mike. :thumbsup:

Over? ......Did you say "over"? .........Nothing is over until we decide it is! .......Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ......Hell no!

As an aside ... SDS ... is there anyway to get a button under each post to "Like" such as Facebook has? It is needed under posts like this one.

Who says anything about changing teams?

Why can't one demand more from an owner and management group?

What is the title of the thread? Yes we should demand more but I implied the poster is questioning switching teams. Am I mistaken?

"Never Quit. "Don't ever, ever quit. Recognize that stopping now, regrouping to try a new approach isn't quitting. If you quit you'll regret it forever."

~ Rudy Ruettiger

rudy!.....rudy!......rudy!

Rudy! was the man. Loved that movie

Proved his brother and family/friends wrong. Had a goal in life and fulfilled it.

Se people I have seen alot of movies. But Ones that fit my TASTE of a movie... Or does that still make me a nerd or someone with no social life and all those other comments you guys where saying?

What is the title of the thread? Yes we should demand more but I implied the poster is questioning switching teams. Am I mistaken?

Thats the same EXACT way I took it... But I got jumped all over for saying it first and then insulted and then mocked and tried to be made a fool of because I didnt see a movie that doesnt interest me

I only insult others if they insult me or mock me first. In which case you did. And then I called you immature (which is hardly and insult)

So calling somebody an insulting name is hardly an insult, but suggesting that somebody is young because they haven't seen an old movie is mocking and insulting? How about if I provide some actual insults so you can observe the difference. Mind you, these are merely hypothetical......

You have the constitution of a wet potato chip.

After observing your pathetic grammar and punctuation, only a complete moron such as yourself would either posit or believe that you're a quality student.

My daughter is a prom queen and a valedictorian and she could still kick your candy ass.

See, those would be real insults if I meant them.

So calling somebody an insulting name is hardly an insult, but suggesting that somebody is young because they haven't seen an old movie is mocking and insulting? How about if I provide some actual insults so you can observe the difference. Mind you, these are merely hypothetical......

After observing your pathetic grammar and punctuation, only a complete moron such as yourself would either posit or believe that you're a quality student.

My daughter is a prom queen and a valedictorian and she could still kick your candy ass.

I'm kinda partial to "you suck". :thumbsup:

Thats the same EXACT way I took it... But I got jumped all over for saying it first and then insulted and then mocked and tried to be made a fool of because I didnt see a movie that doesnt interest me

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.".... author unknown.

No you mocked my social life by suggesting that I graduated high school in 2035 (was it?) hence an insult...

Then I called you immature (immature is a statement to someone thats not acting their age) and the fact that your a moderator (suppose to be keeping things under control and in a good environment) and an adult and started the insult bandwagon in this thread just shows my statement was in fact true

And the fact that you didnt bother to stop the insults and mockery and continue to do so, just confirms it more