Marshawn Lynch steals 20$

Kingfish

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, don't want to rub anybody around here the wrong way but these silly little stories don't surface in large markets. I love how people try to blame Ralph and Russ Brandon and all these other things as being reasons why players don't want to come to Buffalo. Maybe it's time to start looking in the mirror. Now we'll have every yahoo come out of the woodwork until Lynch's trade value is totally dead. Then we can cut him outright and he can go to the New England Patriots and become an All-Pro and win multiple Super Bowls. For the record I'm not saying he's not a bad guy and I'm not saying I think we should keep him. But all of this small town gossip crap is just plain embarrassing.

Honestly, don't want to rub anybody around here the wrong way but these silly little stories don't surface in large markets. I love how people try to blame Ralph and Russ Brandon and all these other things as being reasons why players don't want to come to Buffalo. Maybe it's time to start looking in the mirror. Now we'll have every yahoo come out of the woodwork until Lynch's trade value is totally dead. Then we can cut him outright and he can go to the New England Patriots and become an All-Pro and win multiple Super Bowls. For the record I'm not saying he's not a bad guy and I'm not saying I think we should keep him. But all of this small town gossip crap is just plain embarrassing.

I don't agree with this at all. Bills players have plenty of unreported incidents and probably rightfully so. Marshawn has no one to blame but himself. He has brought the attention to himself with his past mistakes. He would be getting it just as bad, if not worse in a larger market.

People need to stop being embarrassed by their own perceptions of Buffalo. According to some on this thread, it is a racist city that has nothing better to do than attack it's star athletes. This is just not the case. The city embraces it's stars as family until someone repeatedly shows they can't respect others.

I don't agree with this at all. Bills players have plenty of unreported incidents and probably rightfully so. Marshawn has no one to blame but himself. He has brought the attention to himself with his past mistakes. He would be getting it just as bad, if not worse in a larger market.

People need to stop being embarrassed by their own perceptions of Buffalo. According to some on this thread, it is a racist city that has nothing better to do than attack it's star athletes. This is just not the case. The city embraces it's stars as family until someone repeatedly shows they can't respect others.

Having lived in big cities now for the better part of my life I can tell you that this is categorically untrue. I have witnessed multiple athletes grab a$$ing and starting fights on multiple occasions. Hell, Lawyer Milloy almost started a fight with me at a bar while he was still with the Patriots when one of my friends told him I was a Bills fan.

The facts are that this is the second running back that is being run out of time and while we have Fred Jackson now, he will be 30 in two seasons. People complain about the front office but I would hate to continually have to waste resources just because you have to send a guy packing just to placate the fans.

And again...you and I aren't NFL prospective free agents so it is easier for us to choose a side but as an athlete when you see stuff like this going on, it's hard to take a fan base seriously sometimes.

Having lived in big cities now for the better part of my life I can tell you that this is categorically untrue. I have witnessed multiple athletes grab a$$ing and starting fights on multiple occasions. Hell, Lawyer Milloy almost started a fight with me at a bar while he was still with the Patriots when one of my friends told him I was a Bills fan.

The facts are that this is the second running back that is being run out of time and while we have Fred Jackson now, he will be 30 in two seasons. People complain about the front office but I would hate to continually have to waste resources just because you have to send a guy packing just to placate the fans.

And again...you and I aren't NFL prospective free agents so it is easier for us to choose a side but as an athlete when you see stuff like this going on, it's hard to take a fan base seriously sometimes.

You aren't the only one to have lived in a "big city". Marshawn would be having this problem anywhere. Do you really think that Marshawn Lynch being accused of theft wouldn't be reported in a "big city"? For Christ's sake it's already being picked up on a few national outlets.

Believe me FAs aren't worried about Buffalo's media scrutiny or hatred from fans.

You aren't the only one to have lived in a "big city". Marshawn would be having this problem anywhere. Do you really think that Marshawn Lynch being accused of theft wouldn't be reported in a "big city"? For Christ's sake it's already being picked up on a few national outlets.

Believe me FAs aren't worried about Buffalo's media scrutiny or hatred from fans.

Well, we'll agree to disagree on this. I just can't imagine that if we'd hired an up and comer like Marc Ross or Dave Gettleman that they would be very happy that they would have to deal with this national enquirer stuff before they even hire a coach. I'd venture to guess that they'd be regretting their decision very quickly.

Well, we'll agree to disagree on this. I just can't imagine that if we'd hired an up and comer like Marc Ross or Dave Gettleman that they would be very happy that they would have to deal with this national enquirer stuff before they even hire a coach. I'd venture to guess that they'd be regretting their decision very quickly.

Alright, nothing wrong with disagreeing. Just keep in mind that this little city has embraced many players over the years and has overlooked plenty of bad behavior and bad character flaws. Many FAs have commented on how great this fanbase is and how much easier the local media is to deal with than other places.

Guest dog14787

It doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

Marshawn Lynch doesn't need to steal $20 so whats his motive, to prove he could do it? I don't think so...

Ok, the plot thickens. Now this is getting weird, and not looking good for Marshawn.

Not to condone ML actions..but a lot of celebrities do charge people for their autographs. Sure its a cheap, low class thing to do but it is what it is. No one is ever going to accuse ML of possessing class, but I believe it is totally unrelated to the Crawford case.

Not to condone ML actions..but a lot of celebrities do charge people for their autographs. Sure its a cheap, low class thing to do but it is what it is. No one is ever going to accuse ML of possessing class, but I believe it is totally unrelated to the Crawford case.

But according to the story, he never actually provided an autograph.

I think #23 is done in Buffalo...Seems to me he's doing everything he can to make sure he's out of here next year...The Bills don't need him...They can find a running mate for Freddie...Jackson deserves to be the #1 anyway...Even Marshawn knows it...

Buh Bye... :ph34r:

But according to the story, he never actually provided an autograph.

I thought he signed one of the guy's business cards:

He then signed the back of the other card, gave it to Lapsley and walked away.

$20 for a Lynch Hancock? Ripoff.

I thought he signed one of the guy's business cards:

You're right - my bad. I focused on the first business card, and missed the second one. All in all, a pretty small episode yet which still shows Lynch to be a total ass. Which means a run-of-the-mill NFL player, more or less.

My favorite story about ML is the one in which he was bringing his own booze into bars. I mean, really!

You're right - my bad. I focused on the first business card, and missed the second one. All in all, a pretty small episode yet which still shows Lynch to be a total ass. Which means a run-of-the-mill NFL player, more or less.

My favorite story about ML is the one in which he was bringing his own booze into bars. I mean, really!

Yeah, so far his mom's prediction certainly hasn't materialized.

So, it's best for people to just get abused and pushed around by these a$$es?