Marshawn Lynch steals 20$

Kingfish

KINGFISH I honestly didn't know what to make of your posts. I felt you were all over the place with regard to your positions, particularly in this case. BUT DARN if you didn't hit the nail on the HEAD.. I am rolling. You da man... :D

You're not for real are you?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Gordo--- I was not comparing Lynch's behavior to McNabb's behavior. How you deduced that, I will never know. Any further attempts to explain this would unfortunately would be an exercise in futility.

Reading is truly fundamental.

Marshawn, when you signed up at TBD in 1995, how did you know you were going to Buffalo? or did you join a site for every team, knowing you would likely need to defend yourself?

BTW Gordo--- I was not comparing Lynch's behavior to McNabb's behavior. How you deduced that, I will never know. Any further attempts to explain this would unfortunately would be an exercise in futility.

Reading is truly fundamental.

Well at least your right about one thing. Just sharing what I know.

BTW, I have had some insider knowledge & posted on this board before. Look back in August when I posted before it was on any media's radar that Schoeble was contemplating retirement after this season. I got flamed for that by some posters too. Guess I was right about that one though.

BTW, I have had some insider knowledge & posted on this board before. Look back in August when I posted before it was on any media's radar that Schoeble was contemplating retirement after this season. I got flamed for that by some posters too. Guess I was right about that one though.

He only believes in the secondhand anecdotes when they are given by unbiased, reliable sources......like Lynch's agent. :D

It's weird they waited this long to file a complaint. Not taking sides. Just saying it's weird. So she was in fear of Marshawn? Maybe at that moment but did Lynch know where this woman lived? Just weird.

PTR

First ... I think Marshawn is going to implode eventually. All the positive spin at the press conference when we picked him about his mother coming here, etc. has vanished into the air.

His first two seasons of running for more than 1000 yards behind a very questionable line ... well that's history too.

We have are all purpose back but ...

From the start this story especially the late appearance of the ALLEGATION (remember what nation we live in ... you are innocent until proven guilty here in the United States) and now the alleged victim doesn't want Lynch charged (http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/919587.html) and not at all surprisingly the police officer/husband is talking law suit.

So, we start out with a delayed report of a millionaire sports figure interacting with a couple of women at TGIF's ... flirting perhaps? Pick-up attempt perhaps? And, apparently the bill gets paid at TGIF's .. and then you wait to make a big deal out of this? Did Marshawn not call for a second date?

So the police officer says their family name is being smeared ... and just what did he think he was doing by publicizing this $20 situation ... smearing Lynch or trying to get money?

We have all heard the stories of Lynch in Buffalo bars ... the rumors keep swirling about him. His actions in the hit and run followed by the gun charges in Oakland sadly show this young man is still living the life he grew up with rather than stepping forward but that should not allow him to be victimized nor for so many "fans (I use that word advisedly)" turing on him as if he is evil incarnate.

Thank goodness once Dick football was gone from THE RALPH Perry was smart enough to make Fred Jackson our runniing back ... but let's sit back and see how this TGIF story ends up. There is a chance that Marshawn's actions were not as awful as the police officer made them out to be ... maybe we need to hear his wife's side of the story or her friend's side of the story or the other Bills' player's side of the story or perhaps Marshawn's.

So people actually disagreed with you? Did you call them names too? I'll bet that must have been an interesting flame.

Funny so many of you believe this. Sounds like BS to me.

+1.

While I agree with those on this Board who say Lynch is developing a trend of "questionable behavior", I think we need to be careful about believing stuff like this without proof. You'd have to have a pretty serious "issue" to be an NFL RB and steal $20... could be that he does, but assuming he's guilty on something that sounds so ridiculous is the wrong thing to do.

So people actually disagreed with you? Did you call them names too? I'll bet that must have been an interesting flame.

Nope, I try not call people names here. Try not to take nothing personal. I know I called you ignorant which I probably shouldn't of. I just do not like when people throw the race card. Lynch has noone to blame for these problems except himself. Has nothing to do with race. Just sharing what I know from what I said are pretty reliable sources. It is your perogative to not believe me & I respect that.

Nope, I try not call people names here. Try not to take nothing personal. I know I called you ignorant which I probably shouldn't of. I just do not like when people throw the race card. Lynch has noone to blame for these problems except himself. Has nothing to do with race. Just sharing what I know from what I said are pretty reliable sources. It is your perogative to not believe me & I respect that.

Nice to see we find common ground for agreement. This is a cruel cruel world in which we live. Truth and justice is the stuff comic books are made of. Real life has real truths that many people don't want to know, so we attack the messenger. My references to McNabb were centered on the "lack of acceptance" and the double standard that exists, in the cities of Buffalo and Philly, and how the stench lingers longer in one place over the other.

The race card is not something that is played, it IS WHAT IT IS. TRUTH.. as much as we'd like to bury our heads in the sand and pretend racism does not exist...it DOES. Personally, I could give a rats a$$ about Marshawn Lynch. He doesn't pay my mortgage or my car note. I have not received one penny from him towards my sons' college education. So as far as I am concerned...he could be Elvis, Tom Thumb or Boy George...so what.

None of this changes the truth that the rope of tolerance is far shorter for Black people in general than it is for white, and I provided the post about Pat Kane as evidence.

We do however have a choice in how we chose to respond to this stuff. The side we take reveals a lot about our moral compass and sense of right and wrong. When we predispose a person's character or guilt thru clouded lens, (double standards, racist viewpoints,, etc) we have no one to blame but ourselves.

So yes.. at the end of the day, IT IS ABOUT RACE.... unfortunately.

So 14 pages later, we find out this is a non-issue.

Bang up work on a non-story Buffalo News. After all this have we learned anything?

1) People are sue-happy. Nope...knew that.

2) Marshawn is as dumb as a box of rocks. Nope...knew that too.

What I'd like to know is if Marshawn is out with other Bills, why doesn't any of these teammates step up and say something?

I know that Marshawn hangs out with Freddie Jackson a lot. I wonder how large the collective cry would be if Freddie was with Marshawn at the time of these allegations.

Bang up work on a non-story Buffalo News. After all this have we learned anything?

What I'd like to know is if Marshawn is out with other Bills, why doesn't any of these teammates step up and say something?

I know that Marshawn hangs out with Freddie Jackson a lot. I wonder how large the collective cry would be if Freddie was with Marshawn at the time of these allegations.

to answer the question in bold, if i were them... if i wasnt already involved in this petty mess, im not getting involved. Im sure Marshawn would understand why.

lol, it would be awesome if that other bill turned out to be Jackson. but its most likely Steve Johnson (just a complete guess)

3) That's the type of "news," or should I say "Snooze," you get in a one-horse town. No wonder Shanahan and Cowher want to stay away.

to answer the question in bold, if i were them... if i wasnt already involved in this petty mess, im not getting involved. Im sure Marshawn would understand why.

lol, it would be awesome if that other bill turned out to be Jackson. but its most likely Steve Johnson (just a complete guess)

I wouldn't be surprised. Johnson was in the car with Lynch when it hit Ms. Shpeley. And if it's true that Lynch was impaired and knew he hit her, which some claim, then Johnson would have known it as well. Yet he hasn't been raked over the coals for keeping mum.

3) That's the type of "news," or should I say "Snooze," you get in a one-horse town. No wonder Shanahan and Cowher want to stay away.

I wouldn't be surprised. Johnson was in the car with Lynch when it hit Ms. Shpeley. And if it's true that Lynch was impaired and knew he hit her, which some claim, then Johnson would have known it as well. Yet he hasn't been raked over the coals for keeping mum.

Johnson is also one of the most social Bills. Every time I hear a story about a friend running into one of the Bills, the usual report lately has been "I was hanging out with Steve Johnson last night. The guy is HILARIOUS."

??

Johnson is also one of the most social Bills. Every time I hear a story about a friend running into one of the Bills, the usual report lately has been "I was hanging out with Steve Johnson last night. The guy is HILARIOUS."

I only heard the same type of reports about Lynch initially. Only after the accident did I hear any negative stuff.

??

Again, if Lynch was drunk/impaired that night and knew he hit the woman, as you and others have claimed (contorted?), Johnson, as his passenger, would have known both of those things. Yet he kept quiet. That's obstruction of justice. Wouldn't that make him a "thug" as well?

You know... That is how some rich people stay rich. We all know the case of Mr. Scrooge... Pinch every penny, race to the bottom. Isn't that revered in a conservative society. Maybe ML needs a ghost intervention... They can go ghost riding the whip together...

ML's new saying:

"Save money, live better!"

:thumbdown:

I only heard the same type of reports about Lynch initially. Only after the accident did I hear any negative stuff.

Again, if Lynch was drunk/impaired that night and knew he hit the woman, as you and others have claimed (contorted?), Johnson, as his passenger, would have known both of those things. Yet he kept quiet. That's obstruction of justice. Wouldn't that make him a "thug" as well?

Self-perservation is a beautiful thing!