Frazier interviewing with Seattle. Or not. Or he is after all.

dgrid

So Frazier turned down the opportunity to interview for the Seahawks after already interviewing for the Bills HC position.

The last time this happened in Bills history-

was when Gregg Williams turned down the Browns after already interviewing with the Bills.

We all know what happened then.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all go on baseless rants that the Bills are a joke and Ralph is too cheap to hire anyone good. The HC search was all just a farce to try and sell tickets. Nothing will ever change because Ralph is the Ralph for Ralph's Ralph, Ralph.

Haven't you been paying attention for the last few years?

Well put...

For some in the reh-tard rodeo, if we don't get Cowher, we might as well just hire Perry Fewell. Because being a part of Jauron's loser staff and having the one of the worst run defenses over the last 4 years is much better than having a guy who comes from one of the top teams in the NFC, the architect of one of the league's best defenses and is considered by most in the league to be the best coordinator to fill a HC vacancy.

But no, let's just contrive Frazier's career with blanket statements like:

"he plays the Tampa 2 - it sucks!" (Not accounting for the fact that DJ put the WORST personnel to run that D here in Buffalo)

"he benefited from having great players!" (yeah, because Cowher / Belichek / Parcells...they use street free agents and practice squad guys to win Super Bowls)

"he has no HC experience" (Jauron has tonnes, so does Mangini and Romeo Crennel and Herm Edwards...should we hire them too?)

Some people have to realize that Cowher and Billick HAVE THE FREE WILL TO SAY NO TO THE JOB.

Rejected by the woeful Rams and pathetic Lions? Sounds like our type of coach!

Can't wait to see how the boys at OBD try to spin this one.

There is another side to that argument to consider. Those franchises are prone to bad decisions. The fact that the "woeful Rams and pathetic Lions" wouldn't hire him might just mean that they are PATHETIC and WOEFUL. The Bills passed on Orakpo. So he was rejected by the Bills. Does that mean he can't play?

So within 1 hour of Jim Mora being fired... Seattle has managed to reach out to HC candidates AND they don't even have a General Manager?

Maybe Frazier decline because he looks at them and theres no GM, or maybe its just speculation.

Also coupled with the Carroll rumors doesn't want to be Seattle's token minority interview.

Well put...

For some in the reh-tard rodeo, if we don't get Cowher, we might as well just hire Perry Fewell. Because being a part of Jauron's loser staff and having the one of the worst run defenses over the last 4 years is much better than having a guy who comes from one of the top teams in the NFC, the architect of one of the league's best defenses and is considered by most in the league to be the best coordinator to fill a HC vacancy.

"he plays the Tampa 2 - it sucks!" (Not accounting for the fact that DJ put the WORST personnel to run that D here in Buffalo)

"he benefited from having great players!" (yeah, because Cowher / Belichek / Parcells...they use street free agents and practice squad guys to win Super Bowls)

"he has no HC experience" (Jauron has tonnes, so does Mangini and Romeo Crennel and Herm Edwards...should we hire them too?)

Some people have to realize that Cowher and Billick HAVE THE FREE WILL TO SAY NO TO THE JOB.

Thanks. It's good to see sanity amidst the sea of irrationality.

I especially like the bolded one.

HOLD ON PEOPLE. Look what Glazer said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle...jim-mora-010810

He said people know that Seattle is after Pete Carroll and minority coaches like Frazier aren't interested in being a Rooney Rule Candidate.

Interesting to see how they handle this.... Maybe Pete Carroll will ask one of his assistants to just interview for the job to cover it....

OK let's look at the Seahawks situation .......

They hire a new coach to turn around a woeful team .... halfway through the season the GM up and quits .... the owner has cancer and the future of the franchise is in doubt .... after a year with the same won/lost record as last season (and massive injuries) the owner fires the "new" head coach ... the team is now without a GM ... HC ... and soon maybe an owner.

Now you are preparing for a playoff game and you suspect the Seahawks want to waste your time with an interview to simply fullfill an administrative rule so they can hire someone else ...

IMHO ... his rejection isn't as much to do about being hired by the Bills on the "hush hush" but more of a "I don't have time for this silliness"

Interesting to see how they handle this.... Maybe Pete Carroll will ask one of his assistants to just interview for the job to cover it....

think at this point seattle will just have to cough up the Rooney Rule fine

The one thing that this seemingly flies in the face of is the claim by Buddy Nix that having head coaching experience would give candidates an advantage. The reason that I bring this up is because, while it didn't necessarily mean that he'd hire a previous head coach before making a choice, you'd think he'd at least interview one. And we know that Brian Billick, at the very least, wanted an interview.

If we hire a Leslie Frazier type, I'm willing to give it a shot. If we hire a Leslie Frazier type without even interviewing some candidates with previous experience, I'm livid.

It immediately sets up Buddy Nix as a liar. In the very first thing he does. They can't do that right now.

Assuming of course that they have been candid with the press about who they are targetting? What if they met with Cowher, he declined, and they went on from there?

This is all going to come down to Cowher, the job is his if he wants it. Cowher decides it isn't for him and Frazier will be on our sideline foe 2010.

I totally agree with the Cowher part of this but I wouldn't put so much stock in the timing of the Frazier interview meaning that he's their guy if Cowher doesn't work out. They got his interview done because he could very well be on a superbowl or NFC championship game run with the Vikes. it makes sense to interview a viable candidate early if he won't be available later.

So Frazier turned down the opportunity to interview for the Seahawks after already interviewing for the Bills HC position.

The last time this happened in Bills history-

was when Gregg Williams turned down the Browns after already interviewing with the Bills.

We all know what happened then.

AND if Gregg Williams had be allowed to draft Drew Brees (who he was absolutely convinced was the guy to draft) he might still be coaching here. Thank you Tom Donahoe!

Then again, I'm sure we would have easily determined that Brees was a complete bust by at least the 3rd game of his career.

OK let's look at the Seahawks situation .......

They hire a new coach to turn around a woeful team .... halfway through the season the GM up and quits .... the owner has cancer and the future of the franchise is in doubt .... after a year with the same won/lost record as last season (and massive injuries) the owner fires the "new" head coach ... the team is now without a GM ... HC ... and soon maybe an owner.

Now you are preparing for a playoff game and you suspect the Seahawks want to waste your time with an interview to simply fullfill an administrative rule so they can hire someone else ...

IMHO ... his rejection isn't as much to do about being hired by the Bills on the "hush hush" but more of a "I don't have time for this silliness"

Yes, but there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs. So far only 3 have opened up this year. Leslie Frazier is not Bill Cowher. He's been passed over several times over the last couple of years. Cowher can afford to pick and choose. A Frazier, a Fewell, a Grimm would in all likelihood take the first opportunity that comes along. I know I would if I were an assistant.

Well put...

You are my Obi Wan!

A beacon of light in a sea of idiocy.

AND if Gregg Williams had be allowed to draft Drew Brees (who he was absolutely convinced was the guy to draft) he might still be coaching here. Thank you Tom Donahoe!

Then again, I'm sure we would have easily determined that Brees was a complete bust by at least the 3rd game of his career.

LOL true story my man

Maybe Coach Frazier felt as if the Bills only gave him the interview to meet the Rooney rule which is why he is reported to be declining at this time any Seattle Seahawks overture. I know we can respond that we already met the Rooney requirement with interviewing Fewell, I think the Perry Fewell interview was conducted out of respect for his contribution to the Bills.

:thumbsup: