What About McNabb?

Gugny

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/201001...is_way_out.html

Looks like Donovan could be done in Philly after this year. He's a Syracuse alumn. He's a bad weather player. And he's still got some gas in the tank. Westbrook will most-likely retire after this year. Why not give them Marshawn Lynch and whatever the hell else they want, in order to get McNabb here? Just a thought.

I've liked McNabb, but his clock may be striking midnight very soon. I mean, if we got him for Marshawn Lynch, straight-up, I"d happily take the deal and let McNabb start for 2-3 seasons while we built a line a drafted a replacement. If the Eagles decide to hand the ship to Kolb and cut McNabb, I'd eagerly sign him up.

But if we're talking first-day picks, I think we should pass.

Looks like Donovan could be done in Philly after this year. He's a Syracuse alumn. He's a bad weather player. And he's still got some gas in the tank. Westbrook will most-likely retire after this year. Why not give them Marshawn Lynch and whatever the hell else they want, in order to get McNabb here? Just a thought.

McNabb just signed an extension. He is not leaving Philly as long as Reid is there and Reid signed a new 3 year deal. (Well, McNabb won't play forever but you know what I mean)

McNabb just signed an extension. He is not leaving Philly as long as Reid is there and Reid signed a new 3 year deal. (Well, McNabb won't play forever but you know what I mean)

On the surface, that would appear to be accurate. But this part of the embedded article makes me wonder ... and hope ...

"The answer here is not obvious until you look at the contract. McNabb has trade value only as long as he is under contract - which means you trade him now or you have to extend him for X-number of years after the season, with a new signing bonus and plenty of color and pageantry (and a likely one-way ticket out the door for Kevin Kolb, whom you have previously identified as your future)."

the fans in philly are as fickle as they come. if you win, they want to erect a statue to you, you lose next week, its essentially "get out of town!", lots here in philly are secretly hoping the eagles lose so they will in fact, dump mccnab. being a lifelong buffalo guy who just moved here, cannot figure these people out.. but i would love to see mccnab in buffalo...

the fans in philly are as fickle as they come. if you win, they want to erect a statue to you, you lose next week, its essentially "get out of town!", lots here in philly are secretly hoping the eagles lose so they will in fact, dump mccnab. being a lifelong buffalo guy who just moved here, cannot figure these people out.. but i would love to see mccnab in buffalo...

Living in the area as well, I mostly agree. Except that I think overall, Philly fans have wanted McNabb gone for awhile. All my friends as Eagles fans and I'd say 4/5 don't like him. He has several warts, worst being his "big game" ineptitude, but I think he is treated way too harshly in this town.

I tell any Eagles fan that will listen, when you get a good QB, you sink your hooks into him. We've been trying to replace our last one for 14 years. :w00t:

They were talking about this on the sports radio station here in ATL this morning. One of the hosts is a Philly guy and he was saying that the Eagles are so high on Kevin Kolb that if the Eagles go one-and-done in the playoffs this season (which is very likely given last week's disaster), there's a very good chance Donovan will be playing somewhere else next year.

Living in the area as well, I mostly agree. Except that I think overall, Philly fans have wanted McNabb gone for awhile. All my friends as Eagles fans and I'd say 4/5 don't like him. He has several warts, worst being his "big game" ineptitude, but I think he is treated way too harshly in this town.

I tell any Eagles fan that will listen, when you get a good QB, you sink your hooks into him. We've been trying to replace our last one for 14 years. :w00t:

They boo'd him when he was drafted. And that was just the beginning of a 14-year abusive relationship. If you ask me, the guy's a first ballot hall of famer.

first of all Syracuse plays in a Dome... besides all that, BRING HIM IN!!! Since his first game I have followed the guys career. I grew up watching him as an Orangemen, and nothing would please me more than following the end of his career with a SB title and hugging Bill Cowher on the podium!

first of all Syracuse plays in a Dome... besides all that, BRING HIM IN!!! Since his first game I have followed the guys career. I grew up watching him as an Orangemen, and nothing would please me more than following the end of his career with a SB title and hugging Bill Cowher on the podium!

The significance of him playing in Syracuse is the close proximity to Orchard Park. He proved he can play in bad weather by playing in Philadelphia for 14 years. And yes ... bring him in!

I suggested McNabb last week and think it should DEFINITELY be something they try very hard to do. Throw Lynch over there with a draft pick, draft a QB in the second round, hire a top notch coach and bam..voila!

It's easy right?

The Eagles have 2 rookie running backs i do believe so it would have to be someone else...

They were talking about this on the sports radio station here in ATL this morning. One of the hosts is a Philly guy and he was saying that the Eagles are so high on Kevin Kolb that if the Eagles go one-and-done in the playoffs this season (which is very likely given last week's disaster), there's a very good chance Donovan will be playing somewhere else next year.

I predict the Eagles blow the doors off Jerry World this weekend...just a hunch... the Cowboys seem a little too proud of themselves for their "winning" December...

I predict the Eagles blow the doors off Jerry World this weekend...just a hunch... the Cowboys seem a little too proud of themselves for their "winning" December...

I agree but I'm hoping for opposite, make Wade look good enough to keep and McNabb bad enough to trade.