• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it means the nfl starts to resemble mlb again

huge contracts for average players

and back to the teams of have and have nots

Not necessarily. There are many rules in place for an uncapped year that will discourage big spending. Players need 6 years to become UFA. No team in the final 8 can sign a FA unless they lose one first. I think player movement will be cut back to what it was in the '70s.

In response to another Twitter-er's (?) question asking for any news. Is Joe Logan actually outing Jim Kelly as his his source?

@cwkbllsfan Yes. Will go into it more Sunday Night. Kelly deep into the process right now.

LoganInEA

In response to another Twitter-er's (?) question asking for any news. Is Joe Logan actually outing Jim Kelly as his his source?

LoganInEA

That also was my thought at first, but it seems more like he is reporting Jim Kelly is very involved in the negotiations with Cowher.

EDIT: Logan has since tweeted that Kelly's involvement is not negotiations.

Edited by scribo

LoganInEA

Funny, but a day and a half ago when is tweating account was first posted, he had about 20 something followers. Just now, he has 205.

That also was my thought at first, but it seems more like he is reporting Jim Kelly is very involved in the negotiations with Cowher.

Did Jimbo recently get a law degree? Is that "linebacker mentality" goign to help him?

Did Jimbo recently get a law degree? Is that "linebacker mentality" goign to help him?

Logan has since tweeted that Kelly's involvement is not negotiations. It would make sense if he were helping the Bills sell Cowher on Buffalo.

I am fascinated not just by some of the content in this thread but also by how under the radar much of it is flying:

* Logan is saying Jim Kelly is deeply involved in the pursuit of Cowher

* Logan is involved in the same youth football program as Steve Tasker and son -- and someone created an account today just to point out that tidbit when EZC brushed by the subject

* The image Logan is using for his Twitter account is obviously bogus

I am fascinated not just by some of the content in this thread but also by how under the radar much of it is flying:

* Logan is saying Jim Kelly is deeply involved in the pursuit of Cowher

* Logan is involved in the same youth football program as Steve Tasker and son -- and someone created an account today just to point out that tidbit when EZC brushed by the subject

* The image Logan is using for his Twitter account is obviously bogus

Well, that is the same pic from the about page at eastaurora.org, and this Twitter account does go back to June, clearly representing the same guy. Interestingly, the first Twitter post is a plea to T.O. to move to East Aurora:

@terrellowens81 Really think you should check out East Aurora. Jim Kelly and Steve Tasker call it home.

8:48 AM Jun 6th, 2009 from web in reply to terrellowens

I think he's sincere in that he is being fed insider info of some kind--- but obviously there is no way to know the degree of authenticity of that info.

“Cowher OK with what the Bills will offer Salary wise, but looking for commitment from RB (Russ Brandon) for player budget.”

“From everything I am told a contract isn’t the issue. It’s about other things, such as if the Bills will spend on talent and personnel and coaches and other things."

Sounds like he wants the Bills to move away from "cash to the cap." I strongly doubt that will happen. I suspect that this was a sticking point with Shanahan as well (who will have no such limitations in Washington).

It's all up to RW . We will see if he is really willing to spend whatever it takes to turn this sorry franchise around.