Stadium group in L.A. targeting Jags, Bills

For the 1,000,000th time the Bills arent going to LA.

It will be Jacksonville.

Stop posting these stories written by no name people that are just speculating. And just laugh at them.

The company that is planning on building the stadium saying the bills and jags are at the top of the list is more than speculation.

But by the time the stadium is (if it is) built, so much is going to change. It is going to take years for this stadium to be up and running. Things in the nfl are going to change a lot from now till then.

For the 1,000,000th time the Bills arent going to LA.

It will be Jacksonville.

Stop posting these stories written by no name people that are just speculating. And just laugh at them.

Agreed.

Out of the list, Jacksonville seems the most likely.

They can't fill their stadium, and have to box out entire sections of their stadium on game day, no matter who is playing.

Ultimately, Jacksonville proved itself to be the worst location for an expansion team.

The company that is planning on building the stadium saying the bills and jags are at the top of the list is more than speculation.

But by the time the stadium is (if it is) built, so much is going to change. It is going to take years for this stadium to be up and running. Things in the nfl are going to change a lot from now till then.

The Bills and the Jags are the two teams they are targeting to move to LA they said.

Jacksonville's situation is alot worse than Buffalo's. I dont think Jacksonville has sold out a game in the past 2-3 years

And it wont take years to build the stadium since its approved it will take a few years at most (1-3 years)

LOS ANGELES (AP)—The company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles says the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate.

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said Tuesday the teams are among at least seven franchises the company is considering for a new stadium just east of Los Angeles.

Semcken says the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of finding larger venues in their home regions.

- I guess they're just kidding right?

OK, 3rd time I've seen this on the 3rd different site. It's a condensed reprint of an article from Feb. of last year, as well as Oct. of last year. Old article, same author (who is actually a very good reporter for AP) condensed and republished by a different news outlet.

OK, 3rd time I've seen this on the 3rd different site. It's a condensed reprint of an article from Feb. of last year, as well as Oct. of last year. Old article, same author (who is actually a very good reporter for AP) condensed and republished by a different news outlet.

Actually, part of the body is the same, but it's been updated today. I got the same link from the AP guy in Minneapolis.

exactly: I think this story has been circulated even more times than you're suggesting. Every two months or so we hear the same thing. The stadium builder has AP writers on his payroll, to make sure this stays in public consciousness. The very idea is absurd. Teams don't move themselves -- specific people make decisions. Ralph Wilson won't move the team while he's alive. Everyone involved in this article is an idiot ...

exactly: I think this story has been circulated even more times than you're suggesting. Every two months or so we hear the same thing. The stadium builder has AP writers on his payroll, to make sure this stays in public consciousness. The very idea is absurd. Teams don't move themselves -- specific people make decisions. Ralph Wilson won't move the team while he's alive. Everyone involved in this article is an idiot ...

I've not once, ever seen this article, where it specifically names the Jags and Bills as the first two teams to be approached. I've never seen the reason being that their stadiums don't give them earning potential like stated today. I've also not once, ever, seen the other three teams not being targeted first because they are working on stadium deals at this time.

I've seen plenty that mention the same 7 teams in general, but this is clearly the first that definitively spells out who the first two targets are and why.

I've not once, ever seen this article, where it specifically names the Jags and Bills as the first two teams to be approached. I've never seen the reason being that their stadiums don't give them earning potential like stated today. I've also not once, ever, seen the other three teams not being targeted first because they are working on stadium deals at this time.

I've seen plenty that mention the same 7 teams in general, but this is clearly the first that definitively spells out who the first two targets are and why.

article1

article2

they both outline the same reasons as the most recent article. The Bills have always been put 1st or 2nd. in the articles, I think the timing is questionable with the new release, probably due to the stir the Bills are causing with the hunt for a new head coach and Majestic trying to capitalize on the recent increase of publicity.

LOS ANGELES (AP)—The company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles says the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate.

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said Tuesday the teams are among at least seven franchises the company is considering for a new stadium just east of Los Angeles.

Semcken says the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of finding larger venues in their home regions.

- I guess they're just kidding right?

Yeah, I've got a list too. I guess it will come true cuz I wrote it down on a list.

This makes me angry. WTF! I just wish Ralph Wilson would put this sh*t to rest, but instead we are left here to take it up the yin yang again from these national media punks. If they were in the room I'd give em an Atlantic City Avalanche!! Old Skool brother!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

That's why i keep renewing my season tix. Attendance is really scrutinized nowadays by national media. If the Bills keep selling out- no matter how poor the product- there's no way they will move. I can't wait until Bills nation comes together and totally squashes any move attempt (if it comes to that). It is too bad though that we lost two huge National voices in Tim Russert and Jack Kemp.

article1

article2

they both outline the same reasons as the most recent article. The Bills have always been put 1st or 2nd. in the articles, I think the timing is questionable with the new release, probably due to the stir the Bills are causing with the hunt for a new head coach and Majestic trying to capitalize on the recent increase of publicity.

OK, lets outline this again. Today's article SPECIFICALLY names only the Bills and Jags as their first two targets. And SPECIFICALLY says who they aren't going after at this time, because of their stadium situations maybe being in the works. All of the other articles from earlier are speculating, and always link a group of teams.

Once again, this article, put out today, specifically says it will try to bring the Bills and Jags first. So, we're up. Not the Vikes, Rams, Raiders, etc......us. Doesn't mean we'll go, but this is the first article saying we are first and second. So, for now, the other are safe should be accept an offer.

No other article has ever had a list stating this.

OK, lets outline this again. Today's article SPECIFICALLY names only the Bills and Jags as their first two targets. And SPECIFICALLY says who they aren't going after at this time, because of their stadium situations maybe being in the works. All of the other articles from earlier are speculating, and always link a group of teams.

Once again, this article, put out today, specifically says it will try to bring the Bills and Jags first. So, we're up. Not the Vikes, Rams, Raiders, etc......us. Doesn't mean we'll go, but this is the first article saying we are first and second. So, for now, the other are safe should be accept an offer.

No other article has ever had a list stating this.

Jessica Biel is on my list. Think she'll take me up on the offer?

I really don't think people fully understand what it means to run a business. AND THE BUFFALO BILLS, FOR ALL OF THEIR HISTORY HERE, ARE A BUSINESS.

I am a CEO of a business, I was born and bred in Buffalo, but the facts are what they are. Small market team, much smaller than all, not just most, but all. This team will eventually leave, barring any uptick or upswing in the population.

You see, ticket sales are only a portion of the revenue. Granted, Buffalo fans have more than fulfilled thier obligation to this end. But the sale of merchandise, on a scale that equates out to the best interest of all employees of the this business has to be taken into consideration. Buffalo is very small on this particular aspect.

This team will leave the area, whether its this year or 5 years from now, you cannot fight progress, you cannot fight the "bottom line". A business is still just that, a business.

Won't happen, this stuffs gotta stop being posted. Nobody reply to this crap!

LA has had three NFL teams fail in LA,The Chargers, Rams and Raiders.......3 strikes and you are out. LA is not a football town!

According to an article on NFL.com, the owners of the new stadium in Los Angeles claim that the Bills and Jaguars are first on the list to relocate to LA.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Personally, I think this is someone talking out his arse. I doubt that the NFL will allow Buffalo to relocate, while teams like Jacksonville and St. Louis have severe attendance issues.

According to an article on NFL.com, the owners of the new stadium in Los Angeles claim that the Bills and Jaguars are first on the list to relocate to LA.

Personally, I think this is someone talking out his arse. I doubt that the NFL will allow Buffalo to relocate, while teams like Jacksonville and St. Louis have severe attendance issues.

The league doesn't look at attendence, it looks at the TV market, because the TV contract is where the big money's at. In that context, it makes complete sense to move the Bills to LA (even before any other team).

No, they are not "first on the list to relocate". They are first on the list to be "targeted". Big difference. And if these teams aren't up for sale or don't want to move, it won't happen.

This is a big yawner.

yawn......I am targeting the San Diego Padres to move to Buffalo....pass it on

The Bills are not for sale

And won't be available for sale until the auction that follows Ralph's death

At that point, highest bidder will take all

He will decide where he wants the Bills home to be

And even if he decides to move the team, he'll need league approval

That's when the real fight to keep the team in Buffalo begins

It appears that the company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles said Tuesday the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate“Jacksonville and Buffalo are two teams in very, very small markets, he said. “They are teams that have either outdated stadiums or are having trouble filling their stadiums or both.”

Yes, the Bills stadium is out-dated by NFL standards. The power going out during a home game didn't help the case that the stadium has anything state-of-the-art, like a redundant power supply and the stadium lease is up soon, but move to LA?

It appears that the company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles said Tuesday the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate“Jacksonville and Buffalo are two teams in very, very small markets, he said. “They are teams that have either outdated stadiums or are having trouble filling their stadiums or both.”

Yes, the Bills stadium is out-dated by NFL standards. The power going out during a home game didn't help the case that the stadium has anything state-of-the-art, like a redundant power supply and the stadium lease is up soon, but move to LA?

cannot see it happening. first off, the NFL is smart enough to know that it needs the culture and character that small markets , (with a fan base) have. they do not want to be major league baseball , where all you have are the same big markets competing every year. secondly, i think the ralph is a great venue for football. television likes the snow, personally , i feel the bills and the area should market the ralph like what they do with lambeau. it was the site of the greatest comeback and other games. the area has to stop with the inferiority complex and start thinking, be proactive.

Yes we have a small market. BUT - the Bills have consistently sold out home games all year, and have done for many years. The stadium is old for sure, but serviceable and isn't turning people away.

The report is scaremongering by an LA developer who barely knows his facts.

The Jags on ther other hand he has a point about. As TMQ regularly points out the Jags struggle to fill a stadium that has large portions of the seating covered by tarp to try to help them avoid blackouts by massaging down the capacity. It's nonsense that the Bills will move ahead of a team like the Jags.