Now WGR Just Said Billick Is Assembling Staff

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with Brian Billick besides the fact that he's not Bill Cowher?

With Tony Dungy staying retired, Jon Gruden staying in the booth, Mike Holmgren becoming Cleveland's GM, Mike Shanahan giving us the finger and most likely going to Washington, and now reports that Cowher's going back to the booth; I think Billick may very well be our best option.

The man does have a Super Bowl ring after all.

I don't know what to believe. Hopefully not this....

Believe them all. If I was the one going into a job interview then I would want to be able to speak about my philosophy and staff in concrete terms and with as much confidence as possible.

With Tony Dungy staying retired, Jon Gruden staying in the booth, Mike Holmgren becoming Cleveland's GM, Mike Shanahan giving us the finger and most likely going to Washington, and now reports that Cowher's going back to the booth; I think Billick may very well be our best option.

I am fine with not getting Cowher but I would honestly like to get an up and coming coordinator more than Billick. I just never thought he was that great of a coach.

I think his coaching W-L record is nothing to write home about.

1999 8-8

2000 12-4

2001 10-6

2002 7-9

2003 10-6

2004 9-7

2005 6-10

2006 13-3

2007 5-11

Over all: 80-64 .556

Yes...his coaching record is better than Dick Jauron's - but who's isn't?

I would rather take my chances on a guy that has not coached - and roll my dice that we have the next best "new guy!

Seriously. He won a Super Bowl with a Quarterback that was nearly bad enough to start for Buffalo. That says something.

I'm pretty certain the Billick reports were dismissed as false yesterday.

I don't know, Cole reported it from his sources on Yahoo and they plastered it all over the main page when it broke. Cole has a great reputation and has broken a lot of other sports news before on Yahoo, not just NFL-related stories. I do truly believe we will interview Billick fairly shortly.

Wasn't nearly all his success sue to his defense? Wasn't he touted as an offensive "genious" after telling Randall Cunningham to throw the ball real deep to Randy Moss.

The person most responsible for Baltimore's success would be Ozzie Newsome, the guy picking all those defensive players, right?

1999 8-8

2000 12-4

2001 10-6

2002 7-9

2003 10-6

2004 9-7

2005 6-10

2006 13-3

2007 5-11

Over all: 80-64 .556

Yes...his coaching record is better than Dick Jauron's - but who's isn't?

I would rather take my chances on a guy that has not coached - and roll my dice that we have the next best "new guy!

We already tried the "guy who hasn't coached"...Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey.......who wants another decade of failure. Its time to bring in a coach with a winning record.

Exactly. If you've read the book Next Man Up which is about the Ravens, Billick is clearly an asswipe who is over his head. Here's a guy who is supposedly an offensive genius, but consistently fielded one of the worst offenses in the NFL. He was lucky they had Stover as his kicker and an all-world defense.

Wasn't nearly all his success sue to his defense? Wasn't he touted as an offensive "genious" after telling Randall Cunningham to throw the ball real deep to Randy Moss.

The person most responsible for Baltimore's success would be Ozzie Newsome, the guy picking all those defensive players, right?

I'd be happy with Billick. He has an offensive background and experience as a Super Bowl winner. Any leak about who is on his alleged staff?

What about his offensive background is impressive. He had one of the worst offenses in the league during his entire tenure in Baltimore anmd he was only touted an offensive genious after he met Mr. Moss.