Now WGR Just Said Billick Is Assembling Staff

There is a reason Billick hasn't coached since 2007.

If the Ravens had actually developed a QB/Offense, they could have perhaps been the most dominant team of the decade. Their defense has been tops in the league season after season, but they never put together a solid offense. This does not lend much credibility to Billick's offensive approach. He is especially known for being poor at developing QBs, something the Bills need help with. He is pretty much a has been. I mean, Jauron could have won a superbowl with that defense.

If they can't land Cowher, I would look towards some of the young Coordinator prospects. With so few HC openings this offseason, the Bills will not have a huge amount of competition for the top rated guys.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his coaching W-L record is nothing to write home about.

1999 8-8

2000 12-4

2001 10-6

2002 7-9

2003 10-6

2004 9-7

2005 6-10

2006 13-3

2007 5-11

Over all: 80-64 .556

Yes...his coaching record is better than Dick Jauron's - but who's isn't?

I would rather take my chances on a guy that has not coached - and roll my dice that we have the next best "new guy!

Just throwing some names and their records out there. You can say what you want about Billick but his record is similar to these HOF coaches if your talking about winning%

Earle (Greasy) Neale- .588

Invented the 4-3 Defense

Jimmy Conzelman- .517

Owner/Player/Coach

Hank Stram- .575

1 Super Bowl win

Steve Owen- .550

1927 Championship team allowed less only 20 points entire season (13 games)

Marv Levy- .562

Lost 4 consecutive Super Bowls

I think his coaching W-L record is nothing to write home about.

1999 8-8

2000 12-4

2001 10-6

2002 7-9

2003 10-6

2004 9-7

2005 6-10

2006 13-3

2007 5-11

Over all: 80-64 .556

Yes...his coaching record is better than Dick Jauron's - but who's isn't?

I would rather take my chances on a guy that has not coached - and roll my dice that we have the next best "new guy!

Like Greggo or Mularkey?

New guys that can actually coach are hard to find. Like first round draft picks that can play.

Yeah he's not a great solution for the offense but I would take a head coach with a ring

I completely disagree. He was the mastermind behind one of the highest scoring offenses in league history. (1998 the Vikings set the NFL record for points).

I think it shows that he can look at a teams strengths and weaknesses and coach and plan accordingly.

I completely disagree. He was the mastermind behind one of the highest scoring offenses in league history. (1998 the Vikings set the NFL record for points).

I think it shows that he can look at a teams strengths and weaknesses and coach and plan accordingly.

Agree.

---As the offensive coordinator of Utah State University, Billick improved the second-worst offense in Division I-A into a top-ten offense in only three seasons (1986-1988).

---During his 7 years with the Vikes, they made the playoffs 6 times.

---In 1998 the Vikes set the NFL record for most points scored in a season.

---Billick was brought in to jump start the Ravens' offense. Points went from 265 to 324 the first year.

---Baltimore went on a run of three playoff appearances in Billick's first three years, with three stellar QB's - Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, and Kyle Boller.

---In just his second season, the Ravens rode their top-ranked defense to the Super Bowl championship.