Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If "things could change", sounds to me that Cowher really wants to coach if the right situation comes along. Now whether situation is defined by money or something else, who knows...

Maybe "things could change" just means "Fewell could be interviewed to satisfy the Rooney Rule."

funny thing is cbs sports hasn't said/posted anything yet.

wouldn't they want to be the outlet to break the news that THEIR employee is staying put?

why would they let other sports media outlets scoop them on their own employee?

things just are not adding up.........

right now cowher is trying to convince Mrs. Cowher......."honey, it's really not that cold and snowy in buffalo"......lol

Things DO change when the kids are out of the house. The oldest two daughters have graduated, the youngest is in college... hell, Mrs. Cowher doesn't even have to LIVE here anymore. Buffalo has regular flights to Charlotte.

Cowher is definitely coming to Buffalo to coach the Bills.

Things change all the time, but from what I hear, he will be the head coach, unless he does not want the job, or the Bills do not make him an offer.

You should work for espn

It's pretty obvious what's going on and it saddens me that folks here are still so blinded by optimism that they can't see it.

COWHER DOES NOT WANT TO COACH HERE, AND WON'T.

The "conflicting reports" out there are two subtle messages issued by Cowher's people intended to let Ralph W know that he's not coming here, while letting Tampa Bay, Carolina and possibly Chicago know that he's still interested if they decide to make coaching changes.

During the half time show yesterday, and as Cowher was starting the first half summary for the Bills-Indy, Marino started ribbing Cowher about the weather in Buffalo. Cowher said it was great football weather and he loved it etc...James Brown told Marino to behave himself (which I took to mean it had been agreed the subject was not to be discussed publicly, presumably because of ongoing negotiations/discussions. To me, something is definitely up with Cowher and unless he was talking to the Bills just to leverage Houston or Carolina (which likely have fallen through) Cowher may very well be the next coach of the Bills.

It's pretty obvious what's going on and it saddens me that folks here are still so blinded by optimism that they can't see it.

COWHER DOES NOT WANT TO COACH HERE, AND WON'T.

The "conflicting reports" out there are two subtle messages issued by Cowher's people intended to let Ralph W know that he's not coming here, while letting Tampa Bay, Carolina and possibly Chicago know that he's still interested if they decide to make coaching changes.

Yet he was interested enough to meet with the Bills last week?

I'd just like to point out that Cowher's youngest daughter just started her college basketball playing career at Wofford.

Lindsey Cowher

Wofford is in North Carolina. Just sayin'.

Remember when Cowher retired he said he wanted to watch his girls play college basketball? Well, his two older girls are done (both played at Princeton) but why does his youngest not get the same treatment? Maybe because he got to watch her play all through high school, which is something he couldn't do for the older ones?

Wofford is in South Carolina. Very good private school.