Schottenheimer has itch to coach?

Mortensen indicated that Schottenheimer could be used as a reference for Buddy Nix, as they share a good relationship from their days together in San Diego. Cowher coached under Schottenheimer as an assistant and Mortensen thought Schottenheimer might be asked by Nix to paint a healthy picture of the Bills for Cowher. But he also said the following about Schottenheimer.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/03/s...-itch-to-coach/

this is on the buffalobills.com front page.

i have said this in many other posts.....

Option #1 - Cowher...because thats what the most fans want and will make for the biggest buzz.

Option #2 - Schottenheimer....because thats what Nix wants.

I want Jim Harbaugh,

Shotty and Cowy have had their success in the past but Jimmy plays the same type of ball and is the new younger up and coming coach. I think he is the best option out there including Shott and Cowher

I think I would take Marty over Cowher, due to his proven track record of turning bad teams around pretty quick... plus he'd be a lot cheaper. I wouldn't trust either of them to do anything once the team made the playoffs, but it sure would be nice just getting there for a change.

Marty was great in his prime as a head coach and I would have loved him as hc 5-10 years ago, but he is going to be 67 this year. A 92- year-old owner, a 70-year-old GM and a 67-year-old head coach. I dunno, it just seems to me that this franchise needs to get someone younger as a head coach, who has energy and innovation.

I will post something that I have heard. I do not endorse this as fact. Just putting it out there....

Marty wants the Bills job but someone with the Bills is not crazy about him. Don't know who. Ralph?

PTR

Who else? Of course it's Ralph (despite the fact that he's incompetent to judge at this point). It's not like anyone else's opinion actually matters.

I will post something that I have heard. I do not endorse this as fact. Just putting it out there....

Marty wants the Bills job but someone with the Bills is not crazy about him. Don't know who. Ralph?

PTR

how about Brandon - Marty has the credibility to expose Brandon as the inept football guy that he is

how about Brandon - Marty has the credibility to expose Brandon as the inept football guy that he is

my money is on Modrak being the guy that doesnt like marty. I have a feeling their philosphies don;t mesh on personnel at all.

I want Jim Harbaugh,

Shotty and Cowy have had their success in the past but Jimmy plays the same type of ball and is the new younger up and coming coach. I think he is the best option out there including Shott and Cowher

If we couldn't get someone who brings a proven winning NFL program to the table, I would be pleased with Harbaugh too. As long as he could put a good staff together. Doesn't really matter to me, but Jim Kelly might not be pleased. He used to roll his eyes at captain turfback and his dramatic, soccer player like embellishments of injury. Got into a fist fight with Harbaugh when interviewing him for ESPN.

Harbaugh has done a wonderful job at Stanford and brings the knowledge of being a good NFL QB. Good QB play is the quickest way to improving a bad team. And he's been one in the NFL relatively recently. He played in the zone blitz era, so he understands the difficulties of playing QB nowadays. He did a great job with Andrew Luck, his freshman QB this year.