Cowher has contacted several possible assistant coaches

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is waiting for the Fox situation to be resolved in Carolina. Carolina and Fox are playing chicken with each other - they want him to resign, he knows that and won't resign. Doubtful he starts the season as the Panthers' coach. Maybe he comes here.

God I hope not. He will try to convince us Trent Edwards is the answer no matter how bad he sucks. Him keeping by delhomme is what is going to cost him his job.

The article implied Tampa Bay as likely Cowher landing zone

Tampa's owner met with their HC and told him they he and the rest of the staff will be back next year.

As of right now, Buffalo is the only opening for Cowher. I am thinking that it could happen. I don't want to get my hopes up, but some positive signs are happening:

1.) All other valid options seem to have dried up or not materialized (Carolina, Washington, Chicago, Tampa)

2.) Cowher and Bills have met twice

3.) Cowher contacting potential staff members this week (after second meeting with Bills, coincidence?)

4.) Bills named Nix GM. Clearly, Nix is top a top flight GM. This would leave plenty of power on player decisions and such for Cowher.

As a lifelong Bills fan, I have become accustomed to setting myself up for disappointment. But, I cannot help it. I really think there is a good change Cowher could be the Bills next HC.

I really hope it happens.

Tampa's owner met with their HC and told him they he and the rest of the staff will be back next year.

As of right now, Buffalo is the only opening for Cowher. I am thinking that it could happen. I don't want to get my hopes up, but some positive signs are happening:

1.) All other valid options seem to have dried up or not materialized (Carolina, Washington, Chicago, Tampa)

2.) Cowher and Bills have met twice

3.) Cowher contacting potential staff members this week (after second meeting with Bills, coincidence?)

4.) Bills named Nix GM. Clearly, Nix is top a top flight GM. This would leave plenty of power on player decisions and such for Cowher.

As a lifelong Bills fan, I have become accustomed to setting myself up for disappointment. But, I cannot help it. I really think there is a good change Cowher could be the Bills next HC.

I really hope it happens.

Nix is a top flight scout. He has never been a GM. I bet he will be good but can't say yet.

Nix is a top flight scout. He has never been a GM. I bet he will be good but can't say yet.

I don't mean any disrespect to Nix. I am glad we have him back with the ream.

I just meant that he isn't Mike Holmgren or someone like that who would have all of the power. I think Cowher is more likely to go to a team with a GM like Nix rather than one like Holmgren. Nix can handle the player evaluations on both the Pro and College side and Cowher can have final say. It seems like it would be a great fit.

I think the point he was trying to make is that Nix seems like a guy Cowher would choose as the GM. Someone who can evaluate talent and builds a team in the mold that of the Steelers. I think Nix is the perfect choice as a GM for Cowher who would be able to have a lot of say in the decisions. Nix has always seemed like a stand up guy who isn't looking to "dominate". It would be a very effective pairing in my opinion.

I'm not saying I believe Cowher is coming. I'm saying that the Nix hire being made after meeting with Cowher makes a lot of sense.

Someone mentioned this in the other Cowher thread...

The fact that he's reached out to potential assistants would lead you to believe that he knows where he's going...or that he has it narrowed down to a few places. Add in the fact that the CBS studio guys were chuckling at him while he was doing the Buffalo highlights (like they knew something we didn't), you can suppose that Buffalo is a possibility.

But as I always say, don't celebrate until it's official. Cautious optimism, people...cautious optimism.

I don't mean any disrespect to Nix. I am glad we have him back with the ream.

I just meant that he isn't Mike Holmgren or someone like that who would have all of the power. I think Cowher is more likely to go to a team with a GM like Nix rather than one like Holmgren. Nix can handle the player evaluations on both the Pro and College side and Cowher can have final say. It seems like it would be a great fit.

That's cool. I wasn't trying to attack you or anything.

Someone mentioned this in the other Cowher thread...

The fact that he's reached out to potential assistants would lead you to believe that he knows where he's going...or that he has it narrowed down to a few places. Add in the fact that the CBS studio guys were chuckling at him while he was doing the Buffalo highlights (like they knew something we didn't), you can suppose that Buffalo is a possibility.

But as I always say, don't celebrate until it's official. Cautious optimism, people...cautious optimism.

No way he comes here. He is going to have to convince the family. He is using Buffalo to press Carolina. I bet he stays out another year if Fox sticks around. Unless Sal is right about Buffalo being a stable franchise, and the big announcement happens, he is in Carolina or the booth next year

But wouldn't it be something.....if he did produce a winner he would be a god (lower case g) in Buffalo.