cale

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Herm Edwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still drunk from last night??

One of the worst coaches I have witnessed in my life, his teams some of the least prepared for games that I have ever seen.

NO!!

Maybe I am, but for some reason I always liked the guy...

Have to add Charlie Weis, Brian Schottenheimer and Brian Billick to this list..

In order:

Cowher, Fox, Billick, Heimerdinger, Weis, Zimmer, Rivera

I don't think we will get Fox. The article about the Fox playing out the year clearly clarifies that if Fox were to opt out of his last year of the contract with the Panthers, the only way that would be possible is for the team hiring fox to part with draft picks as compensation for fox. I don't think Buddy is going to give up draft picks to get Fox.

According to Chris Brown: "Nix confirmed that Perry Fewell is a coaching candidate that will be interviewed, though he also said that there is an inherent advantage for men that have been head coaches before in terms of getting the job done, having been a former college head coach himself."

That would leave only Cowher, Capers, Fasell, and Fox from your list. I'd also like to see Billick, Reeves, Callahan, Martz, Dungy, and Gruden added to the list. Let's not settle of we don't have to.

Let's expand this even further for the fun of it! Doug Flutie (he can coach & have his band do the half-time show and save Ralph some money!! , Coach Chuck Dickerson (could coach the games & then analyze his team and smelly jockstraps on a sports show on the radio, WGR's Jerry Sullivan (seems to have all the answers and knows everything!), Mike Ditka (since we're going w/NFL Commentators..he used to hate the Bills by the way), and Tony Dungy (no sarcasm here: best damm African American coach out there who is rarely mentioned as a candidate and if we have to stick with the Tampa cover 2 defensive scheme what better coach out there??? He may be able to steal some of his past assistants away from Indy too.. so maybe then the Bills can develop a QB !..), What About George W. Bush (former president who will be good at taken the opponents weapons out of the game..even imaginary one's that they don't really have..) Maybe even Jim Carey as at least he could entertain otherwise bored fans with his funny faces he makes!! Oh yeah, My daughter would love the Bills to line up Susan Boyle to sing our National Anthem for one of our home games ( in this country...not Canada!)

:(

Bill Cowher - Don't get your hopes up so you won't be disappointed when he doesn't sign with the Bills

Jim Harbaugh - A 2nd year college coach at a non powerhouse program? Sounds like Ralph's kind of guy

Mike Heimerdinger - Strikes me as another Wade, Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron. Great co-ordinator but not HC material

Dom Capers - Proven track record as another Wade, Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron. Great co-ordinator but not HC material

Jim Fassel - :( No

Harbaugh turned around a losing program here at USD into a pretty damn good team. I would be very happy with Harbaugh.

Bill Cowher - Don't get your hopes up so you won't be disappointed when he doesn't sign with the Bills

Jim Harbaugh - A 2nd year college coach at a non powerhouse program? Sounds like Ralph's kind of guy

Mike Heimerdinger - Strikes me as another Wade, Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron. Great co-ordinator but not HC material

Dom Capers - Proven track record as another Wade, Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron. Great co-ordinator but not HC material

Jim Fassel - :( No

As much as this is outside of the mainstream thinking, I'd like to ONCE AGAIN throw out the name. " Norm Chow" OC UCLA.

I won't bore you with his credentials. I will tell you this.. If the Bills are looking for a Teacher, an Offensive minded coach.. a man who will be affordable, attract solid coordinators, and develop QB's.... Norm CHOW is the man.

Take a moment and review this man's history. You will agree that he is a SOLID candidate to take the Bills job. (even if it is OC)

Herm Edwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still drunk from last night??

One of the worst coaches I have witnessed in my life, his teams some of the least prepared for games that I have ever seen.

NO!!

Least prepared in what way? He had the Jets and Chiefs in the playoffs too. He wasn't all bad. The last year in KC Carl Perterson got rid of everybody so they can start rebuilding. Edwards had clock management issues, but not prepared? I didn't see that.

Least prepared in what way? He had the Jets and Chiefs in the playoffs too. He wasn't all bad. The last year in KC Carl Perterson got rid of everybody so they can start rebuilding. Edwards had clock management issues, but not prepared? I didn't see that.

Edwards is widely considered the worst sideline manager of all time. His game day decision-making was LEGENDARILY terrible.

I've heard rumblings that folks around the league are concerned that Grimm may not have what it takes to be a full-time HC.

Other names that absolutely terrify me, but who technically may fit Nix's criteria:

LeBeau

Morninweg

Cameron

Billick

Haslet

Capers

Green

Fassel

Callahan

Gilbride

Nolan

Sherman