Excellent Nix interview

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also mentioned how important it is to have big nasties, that small players won't cut it. Mentioned Indy, says we're not inside, we're not Indy.

LOVE IT.

Here's to cloning 4 more Incognitos on the O-line! Just put different Tattoos on em so we can tell which one is smashing the faces of the opposition. :censored:

Get a big armed QB that can make throws and improvise and we'll be in business.

Nelson, Evans, Hardy, Jackson, Lynch, and Johnson could be a nice group of skill players if Reed, T.O., and Parrish go off into the free agent pool.

Chris Brown is the MAN. Love this guy. Check out other team sites and nobody has anything like Browny. He is the MAN!

It will depend on who he hires as the HC....

Lesley Frasier, I believe also runs the cover 2 crap.

That's true, but like any GM, Nix is almost certain to hire a head coach who shares his philosophy towards building a team. If he wants to move away from the cover 2, and it sounds as if he does, then its unlikely that he'll hire a head coach who uses that system.

What will we see? Some other guy named DarthICE already proclaimed this hire a disaster of assclownian proportions! There is no need to wait and see... they suck.

At least that is what the DarthICE of 2009 said.

I feel that was a very interesting interview. The questions remain...how much power does he really have? Is ralph going to butt out and let Buddy run it?

Next, Is he going to keep a staff around that has a proven track record of futility in drafting players and signing free agents?

I notice he talked about a strong armed QB. Well lets pray he is truthful and gets a real gun slinger in here. I also read another CB article where he talks about the new HC being a good CEO of sorts and hiring great coordinators. He also talks of QB coach and OL coach being a priority.

I guess we will see.

Some excellent insight on his philosophy. I found his comments on QB arm strength particularly interesting.

He also specifically mentioned that you need to "bring in young guys and you have to play them because they might only be here for 4-5 years".

http://www.buffalobills.com/

right , but when you draft players like Maybin, you then have to play Ryan Denny, Keith Ellison etc

I don't know what you guys all think of Chris Brown, but it seems to me like he asks questions to get real football answers out of somebody. I listen to a a lot of questions in these pressers from the local Buffalo media and they seem so superfluous to me. CB seems to take it easy on them (the Bills) most times, but his questions usually incite good answers. Am I on an island with this one?

Of course, no one could hold a candle to the late, great Tim Russert. Man, he was always good for a great interview :censored:

i agree with you. it was a good interview.

Man I got absolutely blasted around here for suggesting that the Colts weren't built to win in weather like this. Glad someone important shares my view on that. Like it or not, the Buffalo weather plays a role in how the team should be built. Jauron & Co. built the team the exact WRONG way, which negated the advantage that the weather ought to provide. Sounds like Buddy has the right approach - big and nasty.

I also like that he seems committed to a scientific study of the Bills' injury problems. He's right that it's probably not bad luck if it happens three years in a row.

Man I got absolutely blasted around here for suggesting that the Colts weren't built to win in weather like this. Glad someone important shares my view on that. Like it or not, the Buffalo weather plays a role in how the team should be built. Jauron & Co. built the team the exact WRONG way, which negated the advantage that the weather ought to provide. Sounds like Buddy has the right approach - big and nasty.

I also like that he seems committed to a scientific study of the Bills' injury problems. He's right that it's probably not bad luck if it happens three years in a row.

Stock piling big nasties will go a long way to solve the injury problem.

Like it or not, the Buffalo weather plays a role in how the team should be built.

Exactly! That's one of my big arguments too, but lately I've had people saying how it doesn't matter, cause only one or two games in Buffalo are when the weather is a factor. Anyone who remembers when the SB went through Buffalo knows damn well that playing at home in December and January is a HUGE damn advantage, and we need rough, tough, gritty sumbitches who thrive in the elements.

I bet you ten bucks Mr. Nix doesn't draft another pansy ass QB from Cali.

Nix says all the right things, that's for sure. I'm excited which is a nice change.

Things that he mentioned that I like:

- In the modern NFL, you need coaches who can teach because of the high reliance on young players

- He finds the Bills' high injury rate of the past couple of seasons to be troubling and will look for solutions if there is a problem

- Buffalo QBs need to have arm strength. It may be an overrated aspect for other franchises, but the wind makes it a necessity to play the position for the Bills. I don't think Edwards is drafted if Nix was running the show back then

- The Bills can't be a small team like the Colts, an indoor team

He seems to understand Buffalo and what it takes to be successful here.

Exactly! That's one of my big arguments too, but lately I've had people saying how it doesn't matter, cause only one or two games in Buffalo are when the weather is a factor. Anyone who remembers when the SB went through Buffalo knows damn well that playing at home in December and January is a HUGE damn advantage, and we need rough, tough, gritty sumbitches who thrive in the elements.

I bet you ten bucks Mr. Nix doesn't draft another pansy ass QB from Cali.

The problem is that people are complaining that this team isn't built for Buffalo weather, when in fact they are losing in any type of weather. So, it really doesn't matter at this point. Complaining about a team that can't win in the snow doesn't matter if they can't win in the sun, or an overcast day.

Like it or not, the Buffalo weather plays a role in how the team should be built. Jauron & Co. built the team the exact WRONG way, which negated the advantage that the weather ought to provide.

I'll bet one of his head coach interview questions will have to do with making the team practice outdoors in bad weather

The problem is that people are complaining that this team isn't built for Buffalo weather, when in fact they are losing in any type of weather. So, it really doesn't matter at this point. Complaining about a team that can't win in the snow doesn't matter if they can't when in the sun, or an overcast day.

Oh I totally agree. I'm referring more to the general idea that Buffalo home games should be an advantage. Certainly the team in its current state totally wastes those opportunities because of how its built, so hopefully Mr. Nix will finally bring the right players in here from this point forward.

Caught the same thing. Doesn't sound like a Tampa cover 2 guy.

Yes the TAMPA2 is most of the reason of all the players on IR. Look at the teams playing Tampa 2 and lot of the defenders are on IR. I like what Nix is saying we need Nasties ( Butler, Wood, Levitre), we need a strong armed QB and a smart QB that doesnt wait until receivers are wide open before throwing