Bills to trade for a QB?

Tortured Soul

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how much 'success' they've had trading for QBs in the past, I really hope they don't plan on doing that yet again. On the bright side, I don't consider ESPN to be particularly credible when it comes to the Bills, so its probably nothing but baseless speculation.

Considering how much 'success' they've had trading for QBs in the past, I really hope they don't plan on doing that yet again. On the bright side, I don't consider ESPN to be particularly credible when it comes to the Bills, so its probably nothing but baseless speculation.

Come on Brandon, don't be so negative. A 1st and a 3rd for Derek Anderson, what could possibly go wrong?

It'll be the same list that was speculated about on another Bills sports website

Vick

Derek Anderson

Jason Campbell

Bulger

Troy Smith

Espn insider is a joke. Anyone who pays for it is wasting their money.

You get it free if you subscribe to the magazine.

Bulger's the best option, good decision maker, quick release, good leader, and has played in a dynamic offense. But the Bills better get their O line schitt together first, otherwise, Bulger won't to hold up to the punishment.

Bulger will most likely be cut. No team is going to trade for a QB making $9 million a year, that has not had a QB rating above 75 in 3 years.

Bulger will be 33 next season. If he comes over for a 6th round pick or something, and is a placeholder while we develop Pike or somebody, then whatever, I'm fine with that. But he's not going to get us over any kind of hill.

Jason Campbell is the other interesting option, but man, I keep thinking he's better than he is. He's rarely looked good.

Hijacked this off of BB.com message boards...

"Bills to trade for a QB?

While the Brian Brohm vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick debate rages this week, this upcoming offseason will bring a larger question: who is the Buffalo Bills' QB of the future?

Some have speculated that the team will draft a QB, but there's no guarantee that this player would be able to make an impact right away, if at all. The other options, therefore, are free agency or a trade. Buffalo Sports Daily has a breakdown of five different trade options for the Bills: Michael Vick, Derek Anderson, Troy Smith, Jason Campbell and Marc Bulger.

Of the five, Smith has already demanded a trade, Campbell and Vick are expected to be dealt while Bulger and Anderson might both be cut. Following the hiring of a new coach and GM, this will be the first order of business."

While the Brian Brohm vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick debate rages this week, this upcoming offseason will bring a larger question: who is the Buffalo Bills' QB of the future?

Some have speculated that the team will draft a QB, but there's no guarantee that this player would be able to make an impact right away, if at all. The other options, therefore, are free agency or a trade. Buffalo Sports Daily has a breakdown of five different trade options for the Bills: Michael Vick, Derek Anderson, Troy Smith, Jason Campbell and Marc Bulger.

Of the five, Smith has already demanded a trade, Campbell and Vick are expected to be dealt while Bulger and Anderson might both be cut. Following the hiring of a new coach and GM, this will be the first order of business."

Whole lotta nuthin'.

PTR

Why would any team want to trade for Vick when the Eagles will cut him anyway? For that matter, why would any team trade for ANY of the QB's named?

I don't think story has any credibility but what the hell, I'll play along.

The only QB in this bunch that clearly has upside is Troy Smith.

- We know what Bulger can do. He took the Rams offense from Showtime to Blowtime.

- Jason Campbell flat out sucks. There is always an excuse. If he learned how to read defenses and developed some

pocket awareness he may be worth a look. This is the only year he has had a bad OL and he plays like he did in prior

years....lousy. He would be a quality backup. Great practice QB can make all the throws.

- Vick, last time I saw him play he had trouble seeing all of his receivers. Very seldom did he go beyond his first read.

I'm not sure if has those same issues if he does, pass. Lets face it, it's no secret that Atlanta's receivers became better

after he left. Though he would be an improvement.

- Derek Anderson actually makes Brady Quinn look good.

Troy actually looked slightly better than Flacco when going head to head but could not stay healthy. He could throw and run. With a pre season behind him I think he would develop into a solid starter in a Dave Garrard way. I think the Ravens would part with him for a 5th rounder. I would rather offer Philly a 4th rounder and Trent Edwards for Kevin Kolb.

I would rather offer Philly a 4th rounder and Trent Edwards for Kevin Kolb.

You're dealing w Philly there so it's probabaly more like a 3rd and their 6th that we own plus TE for Kolb. So a 2nd a 5th and TE should work :rolleyes:

I like Troy Smith's up side as well.