Back to Fitz on Sunday?

Tom

Back to Fitz on Sunday?

11:32AM ET

Ryan Fitzpatrick | Bills

Top Email

Ryan Fitzpatrick was not able to play in this past Sunday's game for the Buffalo Bills, and this was the primary reason why Brian Brohm got the nod. Brohm had a rough start, but "got better as the game went on," according to what interim head coach Perry Fewell told the Buffalo News.

But with Fitzpatrick's health improving, will the Bills go back to him as the starter? That's the move being debated in Buffalo right now, and it will have a lot to do with how he looks in practice this week. The other issue in the debate is whether it's worthwhile to see more of Fitzpatrick -- who doesn't project to being a true No. 1 NFL QB -- or to give Brohm another chance at becoming the QB of the future.

----------------------------------

Tim Graham

Brohm and Fitz on equal ground?

"Next to nothing should be read into his performance. Brohm was signed off the Green Bay Packers' practice squad barely a month ago and had been running the scout team in practice. Brohm didn't begin practicing with the first team until Wednesday. But his numbers weren't any worse than what Fitzpatrick has posted lately."

There is absolutely no reason to play Fitz. If he is here next season as a backup, you already know what you have. There is little to nothing that Perry Fewell can do at this point to impact his role next year ... Brohm, however, is intriguing. He is young, but seems to have a big-time arm ... let him get the reps. this week and see if he improves. Give him a chilly game at home to see how he handles it. That will at least give you some informnation going into next year. Just my two cents.

There is absolutely no reason to play Fitz. If he is here next season as a backup, you already know what you have. There is little to nothing that Perry Fewell can do at this point to impact his role next year ... Brohm, however, is intriguing. He is young, but seems to have a big-time arm ... let him get the reps. this week and see if he improves. Give him a chilly game at home to see how he handles it. That will at least give you some informnation going into next year. Just my two cents.

Brohm's big time arm is no better than Fitzpatrick's. It looked like every long throw was off target. His arm is like a kicker who gets the distance but is either wide right or left. The only reason Brohm is intriguing is because we haven't seen enough of him yet. Give him a few games & the intrigue will be disgust-just like the other three QBs on the roster-brought to you by the dynamic duo of John Guy & Tom Modrak.

That said, they are crazy if they don't start Brohm. Starting Fitzpatrick doesn't serve any purpose other than Perry Fewell trying to get another W on his resume against a team that doesn't care if they lose 40-0 this Sunday. They really need to see what Brohm can do in the elements since his 1st game was indoors.

I thought Brohm's performance was pretty good given the circumstances. His 2nd pick was pretty bad. He made the right read but just threw it to inside.

Brohm impressed me the last game. He stood in there and took the shots. He was poise. Very accurate with the ball with alot of zip. He also showed that he isn't scared to throw the long ball. He missed both times to TO but TO's speed is hard to read.

Considering Brohm probably hasn't thrown much if at all to the 1's in practice i think he did pretty good. He actually managed to spread the ball around pretty well. Lee had a few catches along with TO.

Honestly i have no idea how good any of the 3 QB's are. They had a ultra conservative coach for 3 years. I am afraid he put Edwards Tail between his legs for the rest of his career. Brohm at least had some time with Mccarthy who managed to cut Farve's INT"s down and he also molded Aaron Rodgers into a Pro Bowl QB.

I much prefer trying to hand over the reigns to Brohm and build up the line in next years draft.

Brohm's big time arm is no better than Fitzpatrick's. It looked like every long throw was off target. His arm is like a kicker who gets the distance but is either wide right or left. The only reason Brohm is intriguing is because we haven't seen enough of him yet. Give him a few games & the intrigue will be disgust-just like the other three QBs on the roster-brought to you by the dynamic duo of John Guy & Tom Modrak.

That said, they are crazy if they don't start Brohm. Starting Fitzpatrick doesn't serve any purpose other than Perry Fewell trying to get another W on his resume against a team that doesn't care if they lose 40-0 this Sunday. They really need to see what Brohm can do in the elements since his 1st game was indoors.

As you state, the fans have not seen enough of Brohm to tarnish visions of his being the savior.

Hence, the Bills need to protect that perception to allow Brandon to use Brohm as this year's TO to sell tickets. The beauty of Brohm is that he is dirt cheap but will still hype the fan base to sell tickets.