Back off Brohm for a minute!

Deadstroke

Look, I'm a little P/O'd by what I've been reading but I'll make this as quick as I can.

Just about all I've been reading is how Brohm is a bum because all he did was make a lousy imitation of Fitz and Edwards..... duh! Well, lord almighty fellas, I mean think about it; isn't that really quite an accomplishment when you think about it? After 5 weeks with the team, after 3 little days working with the first team who's names he hardly knows; making his first start ever in the biggies; playing behind undoubtedly the worst OL in the league; saddled with an incredibly stupid game plan devised by possibly.... no, I mean surely the worst coaches in the league, hey..... not Manning, Rivers, Brees, Brady, none of them could have looked good QB'ing the bumbling Bills yesterday. None of them!!

I'm not saying that Brohm is the answer but I am saying that MAYBE he is and we just need to take a step back and really evaluate given the circumstances.

Look, I'm a little P/O'd by what I've been reading but I'll make this as quick as I can.

Just about all I've been reading is how Brohm is a bum because all he did was make a lousy imitation of Fitz and Edwards..... duh! Well, lord almighty fellas, I mean think about it; isn't that really quite an accomplishment when you think about it? After 5 weeks with the team, after 3 little days working with the first team who's names he hardly knows; making his first start ever in the biggies; playing behind undoubtedly the worst OL in the league; saddled with an incredibly stupid game plan devised by possibly.... no, I mean surely the worst coaches in the league, hey..... not Manning, Rivers, Brees, Brady, none of them could have looked good QB'ing the bumbling Bills yesterday. None of them!!

I'm not saying that Brohm is the answer but I am saying that MAYBE he is and we just need to take a step back and really evaluate given the circumstances.

It's to early to tell.

I don't think we will be able to make a good read on Brohm until he plays through preseason.

Next week will be a good test.

There are many vocal "Chicken Littles" on this board. They obviously felt Brohm should walk on water with only the bare minimum of prep time. I thought he maintained his composure under duress and made a few plays. What more can you ask? Oh! A run game might have helped. I think it's way to early to evaluate this kid's potential.

I agree with you. We know for a fact now that Edwards and Fitz are not starter material. This kid playing in basically his first game, with a new team, with no OL, a receiver (TO) that throws him under a bus for the first INT, an OC that is a joke at best, and a game but just not capable (at least not yet) HC. Of course he didn't do great. But he showed me more than Edwards did this season already.

I won't get on Brohm for yesterday. He showed enough arm strength on the out patterns to make me think he is an NFL QB. Now if he gets the mental aspect of the game down and shows pocket presence, then he could be pretty good. I'd like to see him and a high draft pick compete in camp next year. Fitz can remain as the 3rd stringer.

I won't get on Brohm for yesterday. He showed enough arm strength on the out patterns to make me think he is an NFL QB. Now if he gets the mental aspect of the game down and shows pocket presence, then he could be pretty good. I'd like to see him and a high draft pick compete in camp next year. Fitz can remain as the 3rd stringer.

He showed marked improvement on this as the game progressed.

Mark it down...we will not draft a QB with a high draft pick in this draft as Brohm will be our QB of the future. He will either start going into next year, or a Vet will be brought in to keep the seat warm until they feel he is ready and he will be no lower than the #2 next year.

We may grab a guy in the mid rounds if someone intriguing is still there, but I really dont see us going QB in the first 2 rounds with all these other holes here.

There isnt a QB in the draft with Brohms updside and tool set.

Brohm was just as good (or bad) as Fitzpatrick and Edwards. Given that he only had one week of practice with the starting roster, I think that already shows that he's the best option. He definitely made quicker decisions and got the ball out before he got killed.

Mark it down...we will not draft a QB with a high draft pick in this draft as Brohm will be our QB of the future. He will either start going into next year, or a Vet will be brought in to keep the seat warm until they feel he is ready and he will be no lower than the #2 next year.

We may grab a guy in the mid rounds if someone intriguing is still there, but I really dont see us going QB in the first 2 rounds with all these other holes here.

I think that's probably the most important thing to come out of yesterday's game and the game next week - figuring out if they will need to draft a QB early or use the picks on other needs. Given the OL problems, lack of running game, and other offensive problems, we won't know if Brohm is the answer by the end of this season. But I do think we can get a sense if he is NOT the answer.

Something tells me you've said that within the last 5 years about another QB....

absolutely.

i've been saying for years that until they get a line that plays well together, nothing else matters. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and even Joe Frigging Montana could not consistently deliver stellar performances behind the pig of a line we've had most of the last decade.

i see it like this: let's take any top notch qb in the league. in fact, let's got with peyton. he goes to practice each day, takes the reps with the first team offense, has a nice practice, and is a real leader of the team. 6 days a week, when he leaves practice, he walks down a long and dark hallway to get to the parking lot where his benz is parked. unfortunately, on 4 of those days, vince wilfork is hiding at the end of the hallway, jumps out, yells "i love IHOP!" and stone cold punches peyton right in the face. i'd think that after a while, in spite of his inate ability, football smarts, and leadership skills, sooner of later peyton is going to get a bit jittery walking down that hallway.

brohm may or may not be the answer. i would be willing to bet if he plays behind a substantially similar line next year, there is a high probability that he will not be successful.

For the Love of God, fix the line. And damn dick jauron for his 4th year plan.

absolutely.

i've been saying for years that until they get a line that plays well together, nothing else matters. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and even Joe Frigging Montana could not consistently deliver stellar performances behind the pig of a line we've had most of the last decade.

i see it like this: let's take any top notch qb in the league. in fact, let's got with peyton. he goes to practice each day, takes the reps with the first team offense, has a nice practice, and is a real leader of the team. 6 days a week, when he leaves practice, he walks down a long and dark hallway to get to the parking lot where his benz is parked. unfortunately, on 4 of those days, vince wilfork is hiding at the end of the hallway, jumps out, yells "i love IHOP!" and stone cold punches peyton right in the face. i'd think that after a while, in spite of his inate ability, football smarts, and leadership skills, sooner of later peyton is going to get a bit jittery walking down that hallway.

brohm may or may not be the answer. i would be willing to bet if he plays behind a substantially similar line next year, there is a high probability that he will not be successful.

For the Love of God, fix the line. And damn dick jauron for his 4th year plan.

Did you watch the Colts game yesterday? If yes, you'd understand how much Peyton Manning does to make his own line look good.

He might be the exception to the rule, although Rodgers and Rothelisburger also come to mind.

I'll agree, though, that Brady is half the QB without his line. But, there you have it, three first rounders and a sixth rounder. What puts the sixth rounder in the same conversation? The offensive line.

It goes both ways.

Something tells me you've said that within the last 5 years about another QB....

The only person I can think of you are referring to is Trent and I felt postive about him for a very very short period of time. In fact, I changed my tune quickly and became very critical with him going back to mid season last year, even after our good start. I was spot on with my criticisms last year (even though many flamed me on them), but like many others, prior to that he had me believing he had certain intangibles like IQ, poise, and pocket presence that are key make ups of great QB's...I quickly backed off that opinnion mid season last year where he clearly started to show it was all a mirage...

For the record, I also said Bryd was a great pick, could challenge for ROY, and was a ball hawk long before the season even began at the time we drafted him.

That being said, no one is right about every player, hell, I thought Bell had some nice potential too and wouldnt be much worse than Walker at LT...that was a clear miss on my part. We will never know how Walker would have done, but clearly Walker couldnt have been much worse as Bell was bad...so like I said, no one gets em all right...

But you can put me on the official record for believing Brohm will be groomed to be our guy and we wont go QB in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the draft.

The only wildcard for me is if we bring in a HC who has his targets preset on a specific QB in the draft that slips to us...say Weis and then Claussen is ther for us for an example...or Jim Kelly gets some kind of key role in the FO and he pushes for Tebow since he seems to say alot about Tebow.

Not saying that Brohm is the answer, but anybody under those circumstances would have looked bad. This team is in total disarray. The offensive line is the worst in football, there is no running game, and the receivers have just given up. A lot of blame lies with the players, but also the completely overwhelmed offensive coordinator and front office.

Not saying that Brohm is the answer, but anybody under those circumstances would have looked bad. This team is in total disarray. The offensive line is the worst in football, there is no running game, and the receivers have just given up. A lot of blame lies with the players, but also the completely overwhelmed offensive coordinator and front office.

Amen ... I recorded the game yesterday so I could fast forward through it ... this team is uninspiring ... hopefully Brohm emerges as a bright spot.

Well said, he had no chance on the first two series. The guy who replaced Jon Scott was beyond bad.

Peyton Manning does make his o-line better, because teams fear he'll beat their blitz. But I highly doubt that there is a Peyton Manning in this years draft, and I'm certain there isn't one in FA. Therefore fix the o-line first and see what we have then proceed accordingly.

I do find it interesting that Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm all look like the same guy with different numbered jerseys.