Brian Brohm

The Big Cat

There's no use in drafting a QB next year without a team around him in place. They should use all of their picks next year on the two lines and LBs. Get a QB (Locker) in 2011 after there's more pieces around him. In the meantime, see if you have something with Brohm.

Right on the mark. Let the slubs on this team go and build this team from the Oline back. If we dont take a QB this year I am fine with that. Get a couple 1-2 year vetran contracts on QB to backup or train and get this "team" better

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rank his performance, all things considered?

I say 6.5.

7 but it is really hard to tell with that line. I am sure half of the plays, of what was a conserative playbook, are out the window

thats a good point but someones gotta do it..hell i just got off the phone with ralph he said im starting qb next week...i hope i dont die behind our line..ill prolly go 3-23 34 yards..no one will care tho they'll blame someone else....

Boy he must not like you at all. I get to hold the clipboard as your backup for 150K

I say 6.5.

I'd give him a solid 5. Didn't seem to have much agility and I was hoping for 1 big throw. But then Trent wouldn't have done much better so it wasn't like I felt there was some kind of lost opportunity today.

By the end of the game I realized I still had no idea if Brohm held any promise or not--that's what bothered me the most about the game.

I'd give him a solid 5. Didn't seem to have much agility and I was hoping for 1 big throw. But then Trent wouldn't have done much better so it wasn't like I felt there was some kind of lost opportunity today.

By the end of the game I realized I still had no idea if Brohm held any promise or not--that's what bothered me the most about the game.

Well, you can't say the willingness to make the big throw was absent. Something we can't say of Trentative.

I say 6.5.

Very Trent-like. Not sure he has the arm to command the more difficult throws. Hard to tell though, he didn't have a lot of time, but everything was either a screen, an underneath throw to the sideline or an attempt to heave it over the defense to TO. That second pick was a floating turd. No deep outs, no crossing routes, nothing deep middle(the throws that separate the decent from the pathetic).

Either way, you bring in more quality QB's. It's almost a completely superstar QB dominated league and that's not going to change anytime soon, so you don't settle for anything less. Maybe isn't good enough. And if you get lucky and someday end up with a Brees/Rivers situation.......that's a great thing. Get a star QB and watch the stock of the rest of your players rise.

I was impressed by how fast his footwork was getting back from center and dropping back, and being set to throw - very quick and smooth. His ball looked very tight and he seemed to get velocity on it with a very compact, quick motion. It's too bad there's no way with this line and offense we can really see a QB take a 5 step drop in a formed pocket and have time for a real pattern to develop and be able to actually set and throw to an open receiver downfield...

I'd go with a 6 or 7. His mistakes were due to inexperience and being pressed into duty after running the scout team for the majority of his time with the team, and he showed some signs of promise by making some throws, standing in against the rush, and taking a couple shots downfield.

He led our offense to 3 more points than I could have. We could've played Jackson at QB the entire game in the "wildcat" and probably done just as well.

He looked the same as Edwards and worse than Fitzpatrick. To be fair to all three of them, they are young and they really can't be judged until they play behind an NFL quality OL, not what the Bills are fielding.

Assuming 5 is average, I'd give him a 4. This wasn't a really good performance. He looked like a player getting his first start. He does look like he has some talent that can be developed.

On one hand he was looking off the defense to get a couple guys open, but on the other he missed a couple open guys today. He did show some pocket presence and didn't get rattled from taking a few hits.

Let's see what he can do behind a healthy line.

I give Brohm a 4.5/10 -- not great, not horrible:

Positives:

- he has a big arm

- he is more accurate than Fitz

- he has a quick release

- he can look off a db

Negatives:

- his timing was off (to be expected)

- he didn't trust TO could get to the ball (under-threw the first int and this was not TO's fault)

- he hasn't made enough throws against NFL defenders (that 2nd pick would not have been an int at Louisville)

All in all -- Brohm is the best of Buffalo's three QB's (I refuse to count Hamden). Still -- that's not saying much. I would like to see this kid next year in Buffalo. Given an adequate line in front of him -- I think he could be good.

I think, compared with the pitiful performances we've seen at QB this year, today looked pretty good. He was very quick to get the ball out when he needed to be, having a few passes gone from his hands before evans was even moving and they connected. i'd give him a 6 or 7 due to the fact that while he did make some mistakes, did we really expect him to be perfect? he is a first time starter, with limited first team reps and very little knowledge of the offence.

i admit that i was wrong about not wanting him to start this year. I do now think that he is something to try to work from this coming year, and if we draft a QB first round it will be one of the more stupid drafts we have had

He looked about like Trent. A lot of short passes. He did throw a few downfield and a few 10 or so yarders to Lee. But he looked awefully green. He seemed to get more comfortable as the game went on. His accuracy was not that great. he made some nice throws. Didn't have much time to throw. Could be something there, not sure.

Another project. I'm tired of projects. Hopefully we'll get or trade for a vet and work on making our line better.

Very Trent-like. Not sure he has the arm to command the more difficult throws. Hard to tell though, he didn't have a lot of time, but everything was either a screen, an underneath throw to the sideline or an attempt to heave it over the defense to TO. That second pick was a floating turd. No deep outs, no crossing routes, nothing deep middle(the throws that separate the decent from the pathetic).

Either way, you bring in more quality QB's. It's almost a completely superstar QB dominated league and that's not going to change anytime soon, so you don't settle for anything less. Maybe isn't good enough. And if you get lucky and someday end up with a Brees/Rivers situation.......that's a great thing. Get a star QB and watch the stock of the rest of your players rise.

the reason you didn't see any passes over the middle of 15+ yards is because that takes about 40 yards of running by the wideout. The fastest guys can do that in 4.3 seconds in a straight line with no pads and no defender hounding them. Consequently, all of the other factors probably add up to needing about 5 seconds to make those throws and if you watched the same o-line I did 5 seconds of protection was not happening. I've never seen a QB on the turf after a throw more times than Brohm today. The kid was picking himself off the ground on almost every passing play, even 5 yard outs and swing passes. That being said, he looked like an NFL caliber QB today IMHO. He made quick decisions and I think he showed a very strong arm. He may have under thrown the ball to 81 but that loser made no attempt to breakup the pick. Get rid of 81 and add a competent LT (assuming Wood is back next year) and let's see what he can do with even a little bit of time before we draft a 1st round QB. I don't care if Jesus was back there today his numbers would not have been much better. Brohm showed competence after being with the team for 6 weeks and taking first team reps for one. I liked what I saw. 6 or a 7 out of ten from me (not using Peyton as 10 because that is illogical to say the least). Brohm for QB in 2010!!!

From what I saw, he looked more the part than Trent or Fitz this year... give him another start.

Agreed. He sets up a nice screen, seems to go through his progressions, throws a tight ball, and (believe it or not!) actually showed some emotion out there. I liked it when he looked pissed off after he threw the second pick. As others said, that wasn't a terrible throw, just a little late and the CB made a nice play and jumped the route.

The criticism that he didn't have any completions over 15 yards is lame, IMO. I just watched every single offensive snap on tape, and the kid barely had time back there. Obviously with 18 players injured, several of whom play on the offensive line, there isn't goign to be much of a pocket to throw from right now. All things considered, I think the kid did pretty well for his first game action.

Seven is probably about right.

I'm having trouble imagining it being a lot worse. We got crushed by a team that had as many losses as wins.

Atlanta is one of the best teams in the NFC when they have Ryan and Turner in the lineup.