what does brohm have to do

theman331

just curious with what people think brohm would have to do these next 2 games to be a starter week 1 next season. does anyone think it's even possible with only 2 games experience. if he has 2 great games i think we should still take a qb in the draft, but should we waste a first round pick on a qb if he has two great games. u don't want to invest so much money in a guy from the draft that may turn out never seeing the field if it turns out brohm does start week 1 next season. which is why i think if brohm has 2 great games and i mean 2 possible 300 yard passing games with like 4 td's and an INT in that strech. that qb should still be an option in the draft but maybe more towards the later rounds. what do u guys think?

throwing for 300 yards twice seems highly unlikely. If he looks sharp though id give him a chance next year and give him some competition by drafting a mid round qb. As much as i want brohm to play great some people on this board gotta realize that he was signed off a practice squad for a reason :thumbsup:

We're not sure how comfortable he's going to look in this offense yet, after one week of practice with the starters, and our OL is not good by any means right now. The things I'll be watching for is how he handles himself in the pocket for one. Does he stand in there and go through his progressions, if given the time? Or does he get the "deer in the headlights" look as did Losman? Second, does the guy have an NFL caliber arm? Third, when he does let the ball fly how accurate is he when stepping into his throws? He has two weeks to show if he's worth taking a shot on next year as being a potential starter. I hope for the best, but really don't expect much.

just curious with what people think brohm would have to do these next 2 games to be a starter week 1 next season. does anyone think it's even possible with only 2 games experience. if he has 2 great games i think we should still take a qb in the draft, but should we waste a first round pick on a qb if he has two great games. u don't want to invest so much money in a guy from the draft that may turn out never seeing the field if it turns out brohm does start week 1 next season. which is why i think if brohm has 2 great games and i mean 2 possible 300 yard passing games with like 4 td's and an INT in that strech. that qb should still be an option in the draft but maybe more towards the later rounds. what do u guys think?

all he needs to do is pick up vick at the airport in March...

If I were cynical, I'd say all he has to do is show a flash or two of potential and watch as the Bills screw up the first round pick.

Luckily, I'm not that kind of guy.

I think to avoid the Bills drafting a QB in the first round or even the second or picking up an FA they thought could be a starter, he would have to be terrific. Honestly, he would have to come out on fire and not miss a beat.

I think that he's not playing for that. What he's playing for, and what Bills fans have a legitimate hope of him achieving, is to play well enough that he is included in a competition to be the starter next year. And for that to happen, he would have to avoid bad INTs and make the offense look capable, just capable.

I figure that if he does that we draft a QB in the first (please!!!) or second round next year and let them fight it out and if Brohm is significantly better, (which he should be) he starts the first game.

Just my opinion, obviously.

Nothing! He very well could be the future and should be our young talented #2. We need a veteran with expierience to bring him along. I just don't know who is out there that fits the bill. We need a Testaverde type who is 35-38 willing to start for a year and step aside to be a back up.

Get the ball in TO's hands 6 times and make him cry in the press conference. Just kidding. The Packers wanted to keep him on their practice squad for a reason. I think he will give us a ray of hope.

Im more of a fan of:

1) unloading Trent in the post season.

2) Picking up a few starters on the Ol through FA.

3) keeping the FA that we have that may actualy be good instead of trying to replace them in the draft.

4) Keeping Fitz for backup. and drafting a Qb in the mid to late rounds.

5) Maintaining the DL that we have and giving them some more run support.

5) Get another Poz type player on Defense on the other side of the ball.

We are not getting blown away untill late in the games. Say what you like but although we are getting beat up the bits and peices from the practice squad that we have is not doing worse than we should expect. They are not even supposed to be playing the games on Sunday. But what do I know Im still a newbee

That's if he even gets a shot. Fewell seems married to Fitz even if Fitz is hurting. While I agree that throwing a guy as new to the system as Brohm in there at QB could be disastrous, would it really be any worse than what we've seen from Fitz and Edwards?

NOTHING...there is no way in hell he earns the starting spot next year in these two games. If he plays solid to really good all he does is vault himself to the top of the competition, but he will still have to earn that spot this offseason.

If he plays terrible, doesnt matter because the tables are stacked against him, so it doesnt mean much if he struggles. He still will get a shot to learn the system and compete for the job.

So, I can not see any scenario where he either earns the gig or outright loses his chance here regardless of how good or bad he plays. Honestly, there isnt a QB in this draft with his tools and upside, so I expect him to get a shot this offseason. Whether it works out or not is another story, no one knows what he can be at this point, but his potential is as good if not better than any QB in the draft this year.

throwing for 300 yards twice seems highly unlikely. If he looks sharp though id give him a chance next year and give him some competition by drafting a mid round qb. As much as i want brohm to play great some people on this board gotta realize that he was signed off a practice squad for a reason :wallbash:

He was also cut for a reason(s) - the guy was beat out as a backup by a seventh round draft pick. Like anyone here i hope the Bills got lucky with the guy but he has all the markings of a dud. Time will tell.

Nothing! He very well could be the future and should be our young talented #2. We need a veteran with expierience to bring him along. I just don't know who is out there that fits the bill. We need a Testaverde type who is 35-38 willing to start for a year and step aside to be a back up.

i could see a guy like jeff garcia fitting the bill

You're talking pretty dumb I'm thinking, theman.

If Brohm comes anywhere near those figures with his total lack of preparation we should all get down on hands and knees and pay homage. It's NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE!

BUT with a good showing....... well, it would be nice to be able to take a chance on him next year instead of being forced to draft a QB high.

He was also cut for a reason(s) - the guy was beat out as a backup by a seventh round draft pick. Like anyone here i hope the Bills got lucky with the guy but he has all the markings of a dud. Time will tell.

Yeah, and Brett Favre was traded from Atlanta because they had Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver. I just hope he doesn't get ruined playing behind this offensive(adj.) line

Yeah, and Brett Favre was traded from Atlanta because they had Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver. I just hope he doesn't get ruined playing behind this offensive(adj.) line

A good example of the mistakes other teams make. Sometimes we scrutinize the Bills so closely, that it seems like they are the worst decision makers in the league, but that is not true. Unfortunately, they are in the bottom quarter of teams and have been consistently at that low ranking for a long time.

I think picking a quarterback in the first round would be a mistake. Not just because we have greater needs, but because none of the QBs available stand out as having a high probability of success. Granted, there is no such thing as a sure thing, but this might be the time for the Bills to trade up to get Suh. I don't care if we have to throw in a couple of draft picks along with our #1 to do it. Look how badly we have done when we have had ten picks in the draft. Let's get one really good player and start building a team around him. I'm tired of hearing the experts say that Buffalo's pich was "a reach." I'm tired of hearing it because it keeps being true. :wallbash: