OT: Pistons-Pacers

MrB1onde

Two Words:  ****ing Awesome!!!!

The idiots on ESPN right now are blaming it all on the fans but there wouldn't have been a brawl if Artest hadn't actually run into the stands apparently trying to fight the entire city of Detroit.  One drunk throws a beer at you?  Unless there was a glass bottle involved, I think that was a huge overreaction.

125768[/snapback]

I think there is something positive we can all take away from this incident.

Notice how people of all races, black, white, and hispanic, were united together by throwing objects at the Pacers.

We have found something that can bring all the races together:

Common hatred for another city's sports team!!

:lol:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me break it down to real life for you for a minute.

Let's say you are walking down the street and some idiot threw a beer on you.  What would you do?  You would do exactly what my man Artest did.  Kick his ass.  Those other fans that wanted a piece got what was coming to them too.

Like I said, I wish a few more of those punks had gotten what was coming to them too.

125908[/snapback]

This is the most idiotic thinking I've seen in a long time. So violence is the solution is what you're saying? If someone gets you wet with a beverage that gives you the right to give them a beat down? What a society we’d live in if everytime something happened to somebody they tried to start a fight…and you think this is okay? What an intellectual you must be.

Not to mention, your analogy doesn't wash. These guys get drinks thrown at them every night as do every other sports’ stars and they don't charge the stands. If every player acted like Artest there would be no professional sports because there would be a brawl every night. Just because you like the team doesn't make everything they do okay. You should be embarrassed as a Pacer fan...not proud.

And you have the nerve to call those who tease another on the board the "worst kind of human trash" and you defend the actions of a guy who punches fans when he wasn't in danger? :lol:

When I was managing a bar in Buffalo, it was right near a police station. There were brawls in there all the time. The cops would usually wait until the brawl was over, and then walk in, and immediately walk up to a bartender or me and say, "All right, who was the ass-hole?" We would usually point to one guy and they would grab him.

Because in just about every fight, one guy is the ass. It doesn't matter who won, who started it (although it usually is who started it), who was hurt more, what else escalated, etc. In this case, although Artest NEVER should have gone into the stands, and should be suspended, the fan was the ass-hole. He started it. The brawl never would have happened without him. The brawl never would have started if the Pistons were winning. The fan was TOTALLY, 100%, inexcusably in the wrong, whereas Artest was MOSTLY in the wrong (his only excuse, and a lousy one, of course, being hit by the beer unprovoked, ironically while NOT participating in a fight on the floor.)

The fan is really the guy who was to blame most for this, even though Artest clearly was wrong, clearly should not have reacted as he did, and clearly should have some suspension for this.

Honestly, I dont see this as a race issue. I see the connection between the vibe awards and the disgrace tonite as a group of classless, crude, and uninformed people. (including the white fans) It was a sickening display which gives the nba yet another black eye.

PLEASE GOD BRING BACK THE NHL SO I DONT HAVE TO RESORT TO WATCHING A BUNCH OF THUGS/WANNABE RAPPERS THROW SISSY PUNCHES.

p.s. Rob Ray would beat any of their asses, I dont care how big they are.  :lol:

125917[/snapback]

Does anyone here actually think Rob Ray would stand a chance against any of these NBA goons, after he got DESTROYED by Laraque, Worrell, and Brashear.

How I've reacted to it isn't much different then the people at ESPN. Ron Artest had every right to defend himself and did so. Jackson came into the stands as the fight was esculating and defended his teammate. There were Pistons trying to get into the crowd too and I don't think they were going in there to fight the Pacers players.

The Pistons and their fans were a disgrace last night.

Did I mention we kicked their asses both on and off the court?

Yeah I did, nevermind.

Two Words:  ****ing Awesome!!!!

The idiots on ESPN right now are blaming it all on the fans but there wouldn't have been a brawl if Artest hadn't actually run into the stands apparently trying to fight the entire city of Detroit.  One drunk throws a beer at you?  Unless there was a glass bottle involved, I think that was a huge overreaction.

125768[/snapback]

I wouldnt be surprised if ESPN devotes a whole sportscenter to this. they know people r watching and love to exploit this kind of sh*t.

Oh yeah I have to say something real quick.

I love how everyone that disagrees with Artest keeps saying "16 year old" trying to swing people to their side. That guy was not 16 years old. Some Piston thug board post says he was 16 so that makes it fact? NO ONE on the television has stated this, so please stop with this nonsense.

I agree with BF :lol: , ESPN and a few others here atleast in the fact that those fans who came onto the court got exactly what they deserved. And although it may have been unwise for Artest to go into the stands, I can easily see many others including myself doing the same thing if I were in that situation.

I agree with BF  :lol: , ESPN and a few others here atleast in the fact that those fans who came onto the court got exactly what they deserved. And although it may have been unwise for Artest to go into the stands, I can easily see many others including myself doing the same thing if I were in that situation.

126238[/snapback]

It just doesn't seem that complicated to me. I wouldn't allow someone to do that to me and neither should Artest.