OT: Pistons-Pacers

MrB1onde

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Words: ****ing Awesome!!!!

The idiots on ESPN right now are blaming it all on the fans but there wouldn't have been a brawl if Artest hadn't actually run into the stands apparently trying to fight the entire city of Detroit. One drunk throws a beer at you? Unless there was a glass bottle involved, I think that was a huge overreaction.

Looked like a prison yard pickup game. Basketball sport of thugs. I can't believe it happened in Detroit of all places............. :D

The image that MJ,Dr J ,Larry Legand and Magic gave basketball has had a stevestojan taken on it by this generation of players.

That fan thought he was all cool throwing that bottle at Artest, then he looked like he was crapping his pants when Ron came at him.lol

Artest and Stephen Jackson dropped that white boy hard. lol lol He took a vicious fist.

They just showed it again - he got hit by a blue plastic cup!

Yeah, running into the crowd to fight the guy he thought threw it was definitely going to make things a lot better. I'm sure his teammates enjoyed fighting their way out of Detroit after that.

Looked like a prison yard pickup game. Basketball sport of thugs. I can't believe it happened in Detroit of all places............. :D

The image that MJ,Dr J ,Larry Legand and Magic gave basketball has had a stevestojan taken on it by this generation of players.

125776[/snapback]

That's where half these guys would be anyway. Who's kidding who.

I mean come on, if 90% of these guys hadn't become millionaires to "play roundball" what does anyone think they'd be doing?

The same damn exact thing that the ones that didn't make the NBA are doing or serving.

Seeing the look of that white dudes face when RonRon came at him was priceless.lol

Oh snap, they just showed JO clocking someone with a vicious right, he dropped this tubby guy hard.

JO, Jackson and Artest are straight OG gully.

JO did a combo old school Sagat/Sub-Zero type move on that fat guy. He had him leanin' back like he was in a Fat Joe video.lol lol

Artest ought to be barred form the league, and wallace fined.  Oneal ought to be sued

125824[/snapback]

Those two fat fans came on the court and attacked Artest, JO just had Artest's back and defended him by dropping the fat dude. Once you're attacked by a fan that comes on the court, it's fair game.

Those fans just f'ed up. The chubby guy went down faster than Roy Jones Jr. :D:D

The idiots on ESPN right now are blaming it all on the fans but there wouldn't have been a brawl if Artest hadn't actually run into the stands apparently trying to fight the entire city of Detroit.  One drunk throws a beer at you?  Unless there was a glass bottle involved, I think that was a huge overreaction.

125768[/snapback]

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who saw the incident like that. Certainly the fan who threw the plastic cup was disgraceful and should be blamed. But Artest was safe behind TWO rows of media seats and another THREE rows of empty fan seats. There was no "immediate" threat to his safety or to anyone else. He CREATED an immediate threat by charging over five rows of stands to confront the guy. And Jackson joined him, totally irresponsible. The NBA should certainly suspend both Jackson and Artest for AT LEAST 10 games.

It drove me nuts to hear all the ESPN guys saying how "Artest HAD to defend himself". stevestojan! Artest could have just yelled at the guy from the safty of the court. The EPSN crew is trying to spin it like Artest was in danger...WRONG he created danger by charging into the stands where he was outnumbered!

"Well they threw a cup at him! He HAD to react!" continue the NBA analysts. Come on. How many players in SanFransico have charged into the stands when the fans throw batteries at them? Or how many Dolphin players have charged into the stands when the 12th Man pelts them with snowballs? Answer? NONE! Why? Because they aren't dumb. I am not excusing any fan who throws anything onto the field of play or at anyone, just trying to show that it is (sadly) a common practice and Arest totally over reacted. And it drove me crazy to listen to the idiot announcers trying to spin it like Artest was a choir boy (do we really have to pull out his record?)

Now that my rant is over I want to make it clear that I do not condone the fans. Not at all. Especially what happened AFTER Artest went into the stands. THe cheap shots, the chairs being thrown, fans coming onto the court was all horrible and terribly wrong on their parts. The fans are certainly to blame and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. However, NONE of this would have happened had Artest stayed on the court.

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who saw the incident like that. Certainly the fan who threw the plastic cup was disgraceful and should be blamed. But Artest was safe behind TWO rows of media seats and another THREE rows of empty fan seats. There was no "immediate" threat to his safety or to anyone else. He CREATED an immediate threat by charging over five rows of stands to confront the guy. And Jackson joined him, totally irresponsible. The NBA should certainly suspend both Jackson and Artest for AT LEAST 10 games.

It drove me nuts to hear all the ESPN guys saying how "Artest HAD to defend himself". stevestojan! Artest could have just yelled at the guy from the safty of the court. The EPSN crew is trying to spin it like Artest was in danger...WRONG he created danger by charging into the stands where he was outnumbered!

"Well they threw a cup at him! He HAD to react!" continue the NBA analysts. Come on. How many players in SanFransico have charged into the stands when the fans throw batteries at them? Or how many Dolphin players have charged into the stands when the 12th Man pelts them with snowballs? Answer? NONE! Why? Because they aren't dumb. I am not excusing any fan who throws anything onto the field of play or at anyone, just trying to show that it is (sadly) a common practice and Arest totally over reacted. And it drove me crazy to listen to the idiot announcers trying to spin it like Artest was a choir boy (do we really have to pull out his record?)

Now that my rant is over I want to make it clear that I do not condone the fans. Not at all. Especially what happened AFTER Artest went into the stands. THe cheap shots, the chairs being thrown, fans coming onto the court was all horrible and terribly wrong on their parts. The fans are certainly to blame and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. However, NONE of this would have happened had Artest stayed on the court.

125839[/snapback]

Totally agree. Whoever threw the beer at Artest was way out of line (and I'm not even sure it was the guy Artest pounced on because how could he be sure?) but Artest's reaction caused the whole thing to go crazy. How fans react after seeing one of their own get beat up by pro basketball players twice his size is anyone's guess but I don't think it'd be much different in any other city.

John Saunders made a complete ass of himself. Calling the fans cowards for throwing punches? A lot of the fans throwing punches were trying to fight off the giant potheads attacking them and their friends. And they didn't say ONE WORD about the players.