OT: Pistons-Pacers

MrB1onde

Exactly, it's the same thing with JO. The fan came on the court with his friend looking for a fight, Jermaine didn't know if this guy was crazy and/or had a weapon, so he took him out.

BTW, I need to find a vid of JO knocking that chubby bastard out. :D

125936[/snapback]

What JO did was self defense, what Artest did was not. Clear difference between the two.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with ANY of that.  We're so far apart on this it's not funny.

Ron Artest was in the right tonight.

125937[/snapback]

Doesn't matter if you don't agree, thats what the law states. Go test out your theory on the street, see where you end up.

How coudl you possible argue there was a danger of physical harm? Arest was safe behind TWO rows of media benches and THREE rows of empty stands.

Artest put HIMSELF into physical danger by climbing over those safety barries to confront the guy.

You're wrong.

125938[/snapback]

So it's ok because it "was just a cup of beer". Well another scumbag fan from Detroit threw a chair a short time later. That's not threatening though is it?

Give me a break.

My team kicked the hell out of Detroit and their fans and I've never been prouder to be a Pacers fan.

What a punk Ron Artest is. He doesn't do anything when Ben Wallace basically punches him in the face, but when he gets a plastic cup thrown at him he's a big tough guy running thru kids and hitting somebody half his size who didn't even throw it at him. Even worse was that Stephen Jackson thug who tried to pick a fight with Coleman BEFORE the fans got involved.

Not suprisingly, the NBA apologists on ESPN place zero accountability on the players. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction will be from people in the media will be who aren't in bed with David Stern. The implication that nobody would've reacted differently than Artest is ridiculous. John Saunders and Greg Anthony are trash.

Why doesn't the NBA just go the whole 9 yards and get Jim Ross to call the games? Wouldn't this be more fun?

"MY GOD THIS IS HEINOUS! A SOLID STEEL PLASTIC CUP TO THE FACE, ARTEST HAS TO BE KNOCKED OUT. HE CAN'T RECOVER THAT. OH MY GOD HE KICKED OUT. THERE'S A CHAIR. DAMNIT, SOMEBODY GET SOME HELP OUT HERE!

So it's ok because it "was just a cup of beer".  Well another scumbag fan from Detroit threw a chair a short time later.  That's not threatening though is it?

Give me a break.

My team kicked the hell out of Detroit and their fans and I've never been prouder to be a Pacers fan.

125943[/snapback]

Are you even from Indiana?

So it's ok because it "was just a cup of beer".  Well another scumbag fan from Detroit threw a chair a short time later.  That's not threatening though is it?

Give me a break.

125943[/snapback]

I am not saying the fans are right! But the chair never gets thrown if Artest doesnt go into the crowd!

It's not complicated. And explain to me how charging over several rows of seats into a CROWD of people is not putting yourself into MORE DANGER? Please explain the logic of that.

You can't really blame Artest for beating up Harry Potter, that kid gets on my nerves too.

Plus that fat kid that was wearing a jersey 2 sizes too small deserved a beatdown also. If you're gonna wear a jersey, atleast get one that fits.

It drove me nuts to hear all the ESPN guys saying how "Artest HAD to defend himself". stevestojan! Artest could have just yelled at the guy from the safty of the court. The EPSN crew is trying to spin it like Artest was in danger...WRONG he created danger by charging into the stands where he was outnumbered!

"Well they threw a cup at him! He HAD to react!" continue the NBA analysts. Come on. How many players in SanFransico have charged into the stands when the fans throw batteries at them? Or how many Dolphin players have charged into the stands when the 12th Man pelts them with snowballs? Answer? NONE! Why? Because they aren't dumb. I am not excusing any fan who throws anything onto the field of play or at anyone, just trying to show that it is (sadly) a common practice and Arest totally over reacted. And it drove me crazy to listen to the idiot announcers trying to spin it like Artest was a choir boy (do we really have to pull out his record?)

Now that my rant is over I want to make it clear that I do not condone the fans. Not at all. Especially what happened AFTER Artest went into the stands. THe cheap shots, the chairs being thrown, fans coming onto the court was all horrible and terribly wrong on their parts. The fans are certainly to blame and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. However, NONE of this would have happened had Artest stayed on the court.

125839[/snapback]

It's all right here.

I am not saying the fans are right! But the chair never gets thrown if Artest doesnt go into the crowd!

It's not complicated. And explain to me how charging over several rows of seats into a CROWD of people is not putting yourself into MORE DANGER? Please explain the logic of that.

125947[/snapback]

He had the rest of the NBA's Real Bad Boys backing him up. They took care of business.

He had the rest of the NBA's Real Bad Boys backing him up.  They took care of business.

125952[/snapback]

I'm really trying to figure out how in the world you can be PROUD of this. Are you kidding me? I am ashamed to be a fan of ANY sport at the moment. What happened in Detroit tonight wasn't a victory for anyone.

I'm really trying to figure out how in the world you can be PROUD of this. Are you kidding me? I am ashamed to be a fan of ANY sport at the moment. What happened in Detroit tonight wasn't a victory for anyone.

125953[/snapback]

I'm proud of the fact that my team represents me and they would react like me.

How coudl you possible argue there was a danger of physical harm? Arest was safe behind TWO rows of media benches and THREE rows of empty stands.

Artest put HIMSELF into physical danger by climbing over those safety barries to confront the guy.

You're wrong.

125938[/snapback]

If I was in the third row Artest would be in danger. He has mental problems and I feel sorry for him. He climbs into my row and I will defend myself. I have a boxing background amongst other stuff-I would love to take a swing at a few NBA athletes if provoked. Latrell is at top but RA you are on there too B word!

Like I said, let's have someone throw a beer on you and see how you react.  I don't think you would thank him.

125954[/snapback]

If you want to keep using that logic then you have to agree that Artest should be just as liable as the fan that threw it at him since there was no physical harm or threat of it. His reaction was criminal...using your "on the street" logic.

I expect to see you petition the Detroit PD to prosecute Ron.