OT: Pistons-Pacers

MrB1onde

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you get KO'd, not TKO'd, KO'd in back to back fights off of one power punch, your days of being the man are over.

It's surprising how he hasn't been that good since the whole BALCO thing exploded. :D  I'm just sayin'.

125978[/snapback]

You are just saying nonsense. What the fug is the connection to RJ to BALCO? NONE! Funny RJ has not one since Google went public either. Nor has he won since the new U2 album has come out. Balco, U2, Google IPO, no RJ victory-call Rod Serling!

You are just saying nonsense.  What the fug is the connection to RJ to BALCO?  NONE! Funny RJ has not one since Google went public either.  Nor has he won since the new U2 album has come out. Balco, U2, Google IPO, no RJ victory-call Rod Serling!

125981[/snapback]

You mad doggie? :D

I plucked this off ESPN's fan reaction page:

As a former security guard at the Spectrum, I have to say Ron Artest was completely out of line. That fan that threw the beverage would've been dealt with accordingly by security and police, a slap on the wrist and a small fine - possibly a few hours in the tank. There was absolutely no reason for Artest to go up into the stands, he could've simply pointed the bad fan out. But I don't even know that Artest ATTACKED the right fan. As soon as an opposing player goes into the stands it becomes an attack on ALL the fans - and they're going to defend themselves. I've dealt with plenty of beverage tossers and nothing like this has ever even come close to happening because the players always blew it off like professionals should. If this is the darkest day in NBA history, it is Ron Artest who will be remembered, not popcorn throwing fans.

I plucked this off ESPN's fan reaction page:

As a former security guard at the Spectrum, I have to say Ron Artest was completely out of line. That fan that threw the beverage would've been dealt with accordingly by security and police, a slap on the wrist and a small fine - possibly a few hours in the tank. There was absolutely no reason for Artest to go up into the stands, he could've simply pointed the bad fan out. But I don't even know that Artest ATTACKED the right fan. As soon as an opposing player goes into the stands it becomes an attack on ALL the fans - and they're going to defend themselves. I've dealt with plenty of beverage tossers and nothing like this has ever even come close to happening because the players always blew it off like professionals should. If this is the darkest day in NBA history, it is Ron Artest who will be remembered, not popcorn throwing fans.

125985[/snapback]

It was assault, clear and simple. The fan was dealt with accordingly by Artest.

I got this off the fan reaction page:

The person to blame is the idiot who threw the cup/bottle on Artest. Artest was staying out of the melee on the floor (about which I was quite impressed). Had the idiot not gotten involved, things would have quieted and the game would have ended. Frankly, I think the League should take one of two actions: (1) Hold no more home games in Detroit this year -- it's obvious the personnel at the Palace are incapable of keeping the players safe; or (2) Ban alcohol sales at Detroit games for the balance of the season -- thus keeping idiots from becoming excessively inflamed. Yes, both options negatively affect people who weren't involved, but the actions of others often have consequences which negatively impact innocent people. That's life. It's supposedly what keep us a civilized society -- the desire not to negatively impact the innocent.

While the players of the NBA, and all professional sports for that matter, are expected to be above the fans, the brawl Friday was not the responsibility of the players. The confrontation between Ben Wallace and Ron Artest was abating, Artest was laying on the scorers table. Unruly fans are to blame for stoking the dying fire of a confrontation back into a full fledged blaze. And to everyone who automatically puts blame on Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and everyone else involved, I pose to you this question. Would you have acted any differently? Artest was merely defending himself, and his teammates were coming to his aid when he was grossly outnumbered. One thing that no one is mentioning, yet featured prominently in many shots of Artest in the crowd is Rasheed Wallace, one of the "bad boy's" of the NBA jumping into the stands to come to the defense of Artest. Think about that for a while.

As a Pacers fan, what makes me the saddest is that this happened to Ron Artest. Had this happened to Carmelo or KG everyone would've been on their side. Now that Ron has taken great steps forward with his anger issues, these scumbag fans blew that. You can kid yourself all you want and say he was wrong, but he defended himself like any man would have. The Pacers weren't scared that it was them versus 22,000 maniacs, and I applaud that. Fans are getting way out of control and this is what needed to happen for there to be any change.

I got this off the fan reaction page:

The person to blame is the idiot who threw the cup/bottle on Artest. Artest was staying out of the melee on the floor (about which I was quite impressed). Had the idiot not gotten involved, things would have quieted and the game would have ended. Frankly, I think the League should take one of two actions: (1) Hold no more home games in Detroit this year -- it's obvious the personnel at the Palace are incapable of keeping the players safe; or (2) Ban alcohol sales at Detroit games for the balance of the season -- thus keeping idiots from becoming excessively inflamed. Yes, both options negatively affect people who weren't involved, but the actions of others often have consequences which negatively impact innocent people. That's life. It's supposedly what keep us a civilized society -- the desire not to negatively impact the innocent.

While the players of the NBA, and all professional sports for that matter, are expected to be above the fans, the brawl Friday was not the responsibility of the players. The confrontation between Ben Wallace and Ron Artest was abating, Artest was laying on the scorers table. Unruly fans are to blame for stoking the dying fire of a confrontation back into a full fledged blaze. And to everyone who automatically puts blame on Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and everyone else involved, I pose to you this question. Would you have acted any differently? Artest was merely defending himself, and his teammates were coming to his aid when he was grossly outnumbered. One thing that no one is mentioning, yet featured prominently in many shots of Artest in the crowd is Rasheed Wallace, one of the "bad boy's" of the NBA jumping into the stands to come to the defense of Artest. Think about that for a while.

As a Pacers fan, what makes me the saddest is that this happened to Ron Artest. Had this happened to Carmelo or KG everyone would've been on their side. Now that Ron has taken great steps forward with his anger issues, these scumbag fans blew that. You can kid yourself all you want and say he was wrong, but he defended himself like any man would have. The Pacers weren't scared that it was them versus 22,000 maniacs, and I applaud that. Fans are getting way out of control and this is what needed to happen for there to be any change.

125987[/snapback]

I'll leave having read and applauded that perfectly written post.

Way to go Ron!!!! I applaud you.

It was assault, clear and simple.  The fan was dealt with accordingly by Artest.

125986[/snapback]

It is not Artest's job to deal with the fan... It is the law. Like I said in my prior posts... Somebody does this to me at work and I do what Artest did, I get FIRED.

That is reality.

This isn't the "old west".

Given the situation, 22,000 people, players and officials in attendence, Artest didn't have to fight back.

Not his job.

Retaliation is always treated worse. There is no place for the "cowboy mentality."

My prediction, RA will pay a heavy price.

It is not Artest's job to deal with the fan... It is the law.  Like I said in my prior posts... Somebody does this to me at work and I do what Artest did, I get FIRED.

That is reality.

This isn't the "old west".

Given the situation, 22,000 people, players and officials in attendence, Artest didn't have to fight back.

Not his job.

Retaliation is always treated worse.  There is no place for the "cowboy mentality."

My prediction, RA will pay a heavy price.

125989[/snapback]

Garbage, pure and utter garbage. Ron Artest should be COMMENDED for doing what any man would if faced with the same situation.

Check out the now famous JO M. Bison slide punch. If Namco is listening, you gotta give this move to my boy Law in the next Tekken. :D I could watch this fat dude getting forced to lean back all day. :D:D

Now I present Jermaine O'neal, in Enter The Pacer

Slide punch

Check out the now famous JO M. Bison slide punch. If Namco is listening, you gotta give this move to my boy Law in the next Tekken. :D I could watch this fat dude getting forced to lean back all day. :D  :D

Now I present Jermaine O'neal, in Enter The Pacer

Slide punch

125993[/snapback]

I could watch it over and over and over.........watching a gutless thug get clocked is FANTASTIC!!!!

bunch of goddamn animals in the NBA. THe players and the fans. Their should be a cage around the court for all of these pigs

125995[/snapback]

Don't use the Lord's name in vein.

Why am I responding to myself? :D I must've blanked out for a sec, I retract everything I just wrote. :D

self-defense

n. the use of reasonable force to protect oneself or members of the family from bodily harm from the attack of an aggressor, if the defender has reason to believe he/she/they is/are in danger. Self-defense is a common defense by a person accused of assault, battery or homicide. The force used in self-defense may be sufficient for protection from apparent harm (not just an empty verbal threat) or to halt any danger from attack, but cannot be an excuse to continue the attack or use excessive force. Examples: an unarmed man punches Allen Alibi, who hits the attacker with a baseball bat. That is legitimate self-defense, but Alibi cannot chase after the attacker and shoot him or beat him senseless. If the attacker has a gun or a butcher knife and is verbally threatening, Alibi is probably warranted in shooting him. Basically, appropriate self-defense is judged on all the circumstances. Reasonable force can also be used to protect property from theft or destruction. Self-defense cannot include killing or great bodily harm to defend property, unless personal danger is also involved, as is the case in most burglaries, muggings or vandalism.

http://dictionary.law.com/default2.asp?sel...ld=%7C%7C%7C%7C

I'm actually suprised this definition of selfdefense doesn't clarify the situation better. In a law class I took (I'm not a lawyer) I remember the prof stressing that self defense has to be a lesser reaction in almost every case, and would be thrown out if another option was available (such as walking away).

http://dictionary.law.com/default2.asp?sel...ld=%7C%7C%7C%7C

I'm actually suprised this definition of selfdefense doesn't clarify the situation better.  In a law class I took (I'm not a lawyer) I remember the prof stressing that self defense has to be a lesser reaction in almost every case, and would be thrown out if another option was available (such as walking away).

125998[/snapback]

The use of reasonable force to protect oneself or members of the family from bodily harm from the attack of an aggressor, if the defender has reason to believe he/she/they is/are in danger. Self-defense is a common defense by a person accused of assault, battery or homicide. The force used in self-defense may be sufficient for protection from apparent harm (not just an empty verbal threat) or to halt any danger from attack, but cannot be an excuse to continue the attack or use excessive force. Examples: an unarmed man punches Allen Alibi, who hits the attacker with a baseball bat. That is legitimate self-defense, but Alibi cannot chase after the attacker and shoot him or beat him senseless. If the attacker has a gun or a butcher knife and is verbally threatening, Alibi is probably warranted in shooting him. Basically, appropriate self-defense is judged on all the circumstances. Reasonable force can also be used to protect property from theft or destruction. Self-defense cannot include killing or great bodily harm to defend property, unless personal danger is also involved, as is the case in most burglaries, muggings or vandalism.

Exactly... Artest went on the "hunt", it then DOES NOT become self-defense.

A snake is the perfect animal that uses "self defense" against an attacker... Given the option it will get away... No other recourse, it attacks, some deadly.

I am staying away from analogy... :D:D

It just goes to shows you what one EXTREMIST can do and how they have an affect on a conflict.

Given Artest's history, the asswipe fan probably all too well KNOWINGLY and PURPOSELY through the object at ARTEST, knowing how he would react. All the while this asswipe fan knew he would get attention out of ARTEST. NOT PROVEN but, a very real possibility.

This just goes to show you that Artest's actions probably do nothing in preventing future fan/player attacks... Look at how much attention this is getting.

Just look at what people would do to Bobby Knight and how they would "get" to him...

1st off.....none of this would have even occurred if Wallace didn't completely over-react to the court foul by Artest. He should be suspended or at least fined for his behavior on that play alone.

It wasn't a smart move on Artests part to defend himself against that !@#$ in the stands but @ the same time I can't blame him. Whether it was a drink, shoe, box, or chair he has ever right to defend himself against fans assaulting him. You can say all you want that the players should hold themselves to a higher standard but when they start getting hit by objects they should be able to defend themselves.

I'm kinda surprised a lot of people here are defending those prick fans. That were completely out of control.

Btw........seeing O'Neal level that a$$ clown wandering the courts was comedy gold. Any fan dumb enough to attempt to fight players on their COURT deserves to get an old fashion a$$-whooping.

1st off.....none of this would have even occurred if Wallace didn't completely over-react to the court foul by Artest. He should be suspended or at least fined for his behavior on that play alone.

It wasn't a smart move on Artests part to defend himself against that !@#$ in the stands but @ the same time I can't blame him. Whether it was a drink, shoe, box, or chair he has ever right to defend himself against fans assaulting him. You can say all you want that the players should hold themselves to a higher standard but when they start getting hit by objects they should be able to defend themselves.

I'm kinda surprised a lot of people here are defending those prick fans. That were completely out of control.

Btw........seeing O'Neal level that a$$ clown wandering the courts was comedy gold. Any fan dumb enough to attempt to fight players on their COURT deserves to get an old fashion a$$-whooping.

126010[/snapback]

Exactly. Why anyone is sticking up for these thug fans in Detroit is beyond me. The fans embody their thug team. Last night both the fans and team got their ass handed to them and I for one couldn't be happier about it.