So These 4 Players Are There When Bills Pick

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are all there, who do you pick. I have to admit, I would be happy with any of them and I think it is a lock that one of these guys will be the pick.

McCoy-DT???

Out of the choices, I'd go w/ Rolando McClain. A LB w/ size (6-4, 260) and speed (4.6)? It's something the Bills sorely lack and I think this guy has the potential to be a real beast in the NFL. He still hasn't declared his intentions (probably will wait 'til some time after the BCS title game), but if he does come out early, I'd LOVE to see him end up in a Bills uniform.

Out of the choices, I'd go w/ Rolando McClain. A LB w/ size (6-4, 260) and speed (4.6)? It's something the Bills sorely lack and I think this guy has the potential to be a real beast in the NFL. He still hasn't declared his intentions (probably will wait 'til some time after the BCS title game), but if he does come out early, I'd LOVE to see him end up in a Bills uniform.

I'll second that

McCoy-DT???

I'll third that.

I would go Bradford. Best QB in the draft.

And protect your "franchise QB" w/ what??? Then again, QBs don't need much protection.

BTW, I think Okung and Davis are better OTs, so I assume they're off the board, right?

Okung would be a great choice for the Bills if he's there. Honestly, if the pick ends up being an offensive or defensive lineman, that could only help. A stud DT like Cody, McCoy (I like him, but not as much as guys like Todd McShay, who think he should be the top pick), or Suh would be a tremendous pickup. I personally hope McClain does enter the draft and is available w/ the Bills pick, but I'd be happy w/ line help too. I just hope they don't use the pick on a skill player.

McCoy-DT???

I'll fourth that. If you can get a Patrick Willis type of linebacker at this stage in the draft, I am all for it. If we go with Bradford, that is risky and my suggestion is to go out and sign some offensive lineman in free agency, definitely a solid left tackle. Bradford has the makings of a very good quarterback in the NFL, but obviously has gotten hurt a lot in college.

McCoy-DT???

Not only does McClain have great physical tools, he is an unbelievable leader on the field. He is a great student of the game and spends hours in the film room. He truly is a coach on the field and will be able to call out adjustments as the offense lines up. Without a doubt, any NFL team would be crazy to pass this guy up. Except for drafting Suh.

And protect your "franchise QB" w/ what??? Then again, QBs don't need much protection.

Okung would be a great choice for the Bills if he's there. Honestly, if the pick ends up being an offensive or defensive lineman, that could only help. A stud DT like Cody, McCoy (I like him, but not as much as guys like Todd McShay, who think he should be the top pick), or Suh would be a tremendous pickup. I personally hope McClain does enter the draft and is available w/ the Bills pick, but I'd be happy w/ line help too. I just hope they don't use the pick on a skill player.

I definitely hope Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford are the pick for the Bills in rd1.

To your point about protecting the "franchise QB" whats the difference if you don't have one. The BIlls need a franchise QB and help on the O-line. Take the QB in Rd1 and then address OL in later rounds and Free agency. Arizona went to a superbowl with Mike Gandy at LT. Lineman are available. Franchise QBs aren't.

McCoy-DT???

Gerald McCoy is the DT I was talking about not Colt McCoy. I am really starting to like the sound of McClain as we have been missing that stud LB ever since Spikes was injured.

The reason I did not list other OTs and QBs is because they are probably off the board.

I'll second that.

Pick up your LT in the second round. Look at the success of Vollmer and Loadholt (and to a lesser extent, Beatty and Britton) this year. If Wood and Butler are healthy, then get veteran backups and a 4th-5th rounder, and that is your line.

I'd have to go with McCoy and hope against hope we can get a quality offensive tackle in free agency and/or earmark the second round for an offensive tackle. I wouldn't gag if we picked McClain, but would be stunned if we wasted our first round pick on a qb who is going to be in traction about the second week of the season.

if one of the top QBs is there you take him and figure out LT the rest of the draft and/or in FA. There is simply no other opportunity to get potentially elite quarterbacks. Next year there may not be a guy worth drafting in our slot and you just kick the ball down the road forever. There are many more ways to get capable left tackles.

also we need a FA QB capable of starting regardless of whether we draft a QB or not.

If they are all there, who do you pick. I have to admit, I would be happy with any of them and I think it is a lock that one of these guys will be the pick.

Sam Bradford. Better than anything we have now, great potential. Then Oline, Dline, LB. Then back to Oline,dline. Give me Bradford, 4 lineman and a linebacker in the draft.

Not only does McClain have great physical tools, he is an unbelievable leader on the field. He is a great student of the game and spends hours in the film room. He truly is a coach on the field and will be able to call out adjustments as the offense lines up. Without a doubt, any NFL team would be crazy to pass this guy up. Except for drafting Suh.

Can't add anything to the best post of the day. McClain !!!!