So These 4 Players Are There When Bills Pick

BuffaloBaumer

IMO I don't see Colt McCoy being a successful QB ever. Tad bit to small for my liking and he sure as hell is no Flutie.

Same for Bradford in my opinion, I know looks are deceiving but something about having a QB who looks like he's 12 bothers me lol. Theres too much defensive talent that will be there at our pick to waste on a busted QB.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradford hurt his shoulder when he was driven violently into the ground, awkwardly on his shoulder.

Being the warrior he is, he tried to force his comeback too soon in a make or break rivalry game. There was a very good chance he would end his season in that game. Either way, OU's season was make or break for that game anyway.

IMO I don't see Colt McCoy being a successful QB ever. Tad bit to small for my liking and he sure as hell is no Flutie.

Same for Bradford in my opinion, I know looks are deceiving but something about having a QB who looks like he's 12 bothers me lol. Theres too much defensive talent that will be there at our pick to waste on a busted QB.

It's Gerald McCoy he's asking about.

Also, just to add to my love affair with Bradford: I think it's a bit of a stretch to call him injury prone. The guy didn't miss a single game until this year when he suffered the shoulder injuries..and it's clear that he probably never fully healed from the injury in the first place. If the doctors see no problem with his shoulder, he would be a STEAL if we draft anywhere between 8-12. A STEAL. :rolleyes:;)

oh ya..i'm not a sooner fan either, just for the record..lol.

I like Bradford a lot, but that's a tough call - you're talking 1st-round QB money, which probably means a lengthy negotiation/holdout, on an injured underclassman when the Bills have so many other needs. QBs are such a crapshoot - I wanted the Bills to take Leinart when he fell so far in 2006, and now I'm glad we didn't. (And he was healthy!)

I admittedly don't watch a ton of college FB, but the more I read about him, the better he sounds. I have heard comparisons to Ray Lewis and that would be A-OK. He's a winner, leader and a tough guy. He seems like the safest bet to be a Pro Bowl starter some day....and we need some of those.

People just have a tendancy to exaggerate. The guy has an injury to his shoulder and all of a sudden it's a glass shoulder. He didn't miss a game before this year. That shoulder is more of a freak occurrence than anything else, imo. But again, the doctors imput should be critical in the decisiion. the guy is 22, not 40.

It's football. Injuries happen. Lee Evans tore his ACL and missed practically his entire junior season, for God's sake. So did Thurman Thomas. They turned out OK.

I like Bradford a lot, but that's a tough call - you're talking 1st-round QB money, which probably means a lengthy negotiation/holdout, on an injured underclassman when the Bills have so many other needs. QBs are such a crapshoot - I wanted the Bills to take Leinart when he fell so far in 2006, and now I'm glad we didn't. (And he was healthy!)

I think Bradford is better than Leinart. Bradford doesn't have what you'd call a cannon for an arm, but it's good enough and certainly stronger than Leinart's.

From those 4, McCoy (DT) or McClain. The other 2 will just be another Mike Williams, Whitner, McCargo, Aaron Maybin etc. and set this team back more years.

For the love of God, the kid is 21. Name me one person that got drafted at the age of 21 and became a stud his first year. The bashing of this kid and calling him a bust already is just insane. Give the kid an offseason and training camp at least.

I think Bradford is better than Leinart. Bradford doesn't have what you'd call a cannon for an arm, but it's good enough and certainly stronger than Leinart's.

Wholeheartedly agree, and if Bradford's shoulder is OK, his arm is more than adequate. Like I said, I like Bradford a lot - but man, a first round pick? When we need an LT, RT, DT, DE, and OLB? Now if he falls to the 2nd round... :rolleyes:

For the love of God, the kid is 21. Name me one person that got drafted at the age of 21 and became a stud his first year. The bashing of this kid and calling him a bust already is just insane. Give the kid an offseason and training camp at least.

Lawrence Taylor was 22 - 14 months and 2 days older than Maybin to be exact. Im sure those 14 montsh 2 days makes a HUGE difference................ :rolleyes:

As for the "3 years" crowd. How about this:

Aaron Maybin, what a BUST - 12/22/2012

There, I post dated my post.....

Lawrence Taylor was 22 - 14 months and 2 days older than Maybin to be exact. Im sure those 14 montsh 2 days makes a HUGE difference................ :rolleyes:

As for the "3 years" crowd. How about this:

Aaron Maybin, what a BUST - 12/22/2012

There, I post dated my post.....

Not like LT was one of the best defensive players of all time or anything. Glad you have your expectations for Maybin on a pretty realistic level.

On a side note, I feel better now, I got my daily dose of Thoner negativity ;)

Touche'

But I don;t see any Kurt Warners available via Free agency this year. In my opinion, its easier to find a solid LT than it is to find a franchise QB. If we have a shot at a franchise QB, I think we should take it.

I hear you, but I'm sure you remember that when Kurt Warner was available, nobody saw any Kurt Warners available in free agency that year.

Unfortunately, franchise LTs are just as difficult to find as franchise QBs. Did you see the highlights of the Minny - AZ game two weeks ago? They showed clips of Jared Allen being double-teamed again and again and again. Now, you can waste your TE or RB on a double-team when your QB is Kurt Warner and your recievers are Boldin and Fitz. But most teams want a guy who can fairly consistently take on in single coverage that tough rusher on the offensive left. And they aren't around very much.

IMHO, you have to go with a QB. One advantage that LTs have is that you pretty quickly know what you have. With QBs, you often have to waste two to four years finding out if the guy is really a QB or not. So you have to grab a QB quick, protection or not if you believe one of the available ones is a franchise guy. If things are too horrible on the OL, put the franchise QB on the bench for a year or two. Didn't hurt Green Bay.

I would go with Bradford. He's the best QB in this class IMO.

I sincerely hope those who predict a QB will be drafted are wrong. The O-line, D-line and LB should be the only focus on the first day of drafting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Wood will be okay, and he and Levitre develop into the solid players some think they will be. If our draft and free agent activity is devoted to the aforementioned positions, we may be able to develop a number of 10-year+ players who can stabilize this team.

It would be great if we can get some "skill position" studs, but not at the expense of ignoring the priority holes to fill.

McClain plays with cement shoes - ie he does not have very quick feet and is not very explosive. He is tall and has a long stride which accounts for his good timed speed, but he plays much slower than that. I predict he will be this years Malegua and drop to the early second round. Id take him in the 2nd though as I think he could be a very solid 2 down SAM - which is the LB position we truly need help at.

To really show his speed, I was searching for the open field tackle he made on Tebow in the SECCG, but couldn't find it.

was anyone else really pissed off that the bills passed on orakpo for maybin? i was, and now, orakpo is gonna make the pro bowl and maybins gonna keep the bench warm. hopefully the bills wont make a mistake like that this year ie. take either colt over bradford or suh over mccoy