Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

Guest dog14787
I've always liked Freddie Jackson..i told people when he was in NFL Europe he was gonna be a good RB in the NFL,,but you know what? doesn't mean **** because I also thought Trent had "it" but he doesn't so just because you are right about one player doesn't make you an expert and the stats are against you my friend..seems like you are arguing just to argue and you have no proof to back up your points except your "eyes" lol that's funny.

Whats really funny to me is anyone that knows football realizes everything is contingent on the O-line.

Whats funny to me is even the Bills players have voiced it including TO, but still folks refuse to listen.

So forget my eyes buddy, how about listening to what the players and even the coaches including Perry Fewell are saying.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r::wallbash::lol::rolleyes::w00t::w00t::w00t:

HE SUCKS. HE HAS SHOWN NOTHING THIS YEAR REGARDLESS OF O-LINE. Watch the Steelers-Packers game...Rodgers is practically on his arse every play and yet he's STILL making plays.

Enough with the tired excuses. Captain Checkdown is done as a starter. He's barely CFL material.

TE, Is not the problem and he is not the solution. Rodgers sat on the bench 3 years watching and learning the pro game from Favre. TE learned from...JPL? Rodgers had better coaching, an infintiely better offensive scheme and he was a better prospect coming in. I assert the pack has better recivers, and its hard to believe their line is not better too, grant has been outstanding out of the backfield, picking up blitzes and running the ball...

Just not sure how comparing TE makes any point whatsoever.

BTW-Rodgers went 6-10 his first season as the starter and trent went 7-7 his first season as the starter.

I sit here and read threads like this and can only laugh at the way most Bills fans sit there and wonder why the franchise cannot attract a decent coach or talented players. What QB would *want* to play in this cesspool of flaming stupidity? They watch what happened to Trent's career, see the obviousness of the truth, and you have to wonder, why would any quality QB come to this broken !@#$ing franchise, get mauled for 2-3 years, and then get slandered by a bunch of brainless !@#$ing morons on the team website?

No no, blame yourselves for the Bills perpetual lack of competitiveness. Because good players have to be stupid to come and play in front of badgering, judgemental idiots in the bowels of western NY under 6 feet of snow, knowing that the situations utterly beyond their control are going to have an army of ignorance worshipping idiots calling for their blood.

You people make me !@#$ing sick.

And cue SouthGeorgia and his perpetual tripe about the "fans" causing the team's decline...

It's amazing to me that you even have the ability to sling together complete sentences so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that those complete sentences lack any intelligence whatsoever. If Buffalo is such a cesspool and you seem to look down on all of us fans, I have a suggestion, off yourself since life must be so unbearable cheering for a team that has morons for fans or find another team.

If we could make the decision we'd be happy to turf your arse you sorry, stupid excuse for a human being.

Go extrapolate some more stupidity Einstein.

TE, Is not the problem and he is not the solution. Rodgers sat on the bench 3 years watching and learning the pro game from Favre. TE learned from...JPL? Rodgers had better coaching, an infintiely better offensive scheme and he was a better prospect coming in. I assert the pack has better recivers, and its hard to believe their line is not better too, grant has been outstanding out of the backfield, picking up blitzes and running the ball...

Just not sure how comparing TE makes any point whatsoever.

BTW-Rodgers went 6-10 his first season as the starter and trent went 7-7 his first season as the starter.

Rodgers also threw for 4000 yards and 28 touchdowns that year. Green Bay had the 5th best offense in the NFL with 419 points scored. Has Edwards even thrown for 28 touchdowns in his career?

Ah yes, so it's our fault. That makes perfect sense!

By jove, you've nailed it! After all these years, after all this time, it's the fans! The fans I tell you!

Aside from the fact that your a stark-raving lunatic incapable of forming a coherent rational thought, you also have a completely-misplaced hatred for a region and a fan-base that [gasp] doesn't like the fact that our favorite team loses football games consistently and [double gasp] has the nerve to discuss the who's and why's of such on-field failures.

For one, I was born and raised in western NY, so perhaps my opinion isn't entirely misplaced. Secondly, I don't hate the entire fan base, just the sector of it who likes to blame Trent Edwards for being terrible. Also, I love the Bills as much as you or anyone else, and honestly, considering I could easily now root for a more local team, it could be argued that my love of this floundering and unsuccessful franchise is even greater than most. And yes, we all have the right to discuss the who's and why's of on-field failures. And I'm not even saying Trent didn't fail. I'm simply saying it is absurd to expect any QB in the league to be successful here.

Do yourself a favor and delete your account. This forum doesn't need another monumental idiot trumpeting about how stupid the fans are. If anything, most of us are loyal to a fault, as evidenced by the person that started this thread.

Your trumpeting of such is quite louder than mine, and the same is true of all of those fans who are of your ilk..

The organization is to blame for the team's failures. If you doubt that, I'm not surprised, since there's no way that someone capable of making the above-quoted post has the first clue about accepting responsibility. I'm sure that--in your world of complete and utter asininity--it makes perfect sense to say that the people that support the business are responsible for the quality of the product. In the real world, the management system is responsible for the product. Now, again, I'm sure you won't understand that, but that's okay. Just know that the best course of action for you is to leave this forum forever, so that you cannot infect others with your stupidity. Absent that option, you may want to consider flushing yourself down the nearest toilet.

I'm glad that you recognize the irony and sarcasm of my statement and that you demonstrated as much in your response.

So enjoy the comfort of your majority opinion. Just remember that the majority of people in society have no true capacity for understanding, and it is more than obvious on the forum.

2008 GNB 16 341 536 63.6 4038 7.5 28 71 13 93.8

2008 Buffalo Bills 14 14 245 374 65.5 2,699 7.2 11 10 23 143 85.4

And Rodgers threw 17 more TD's and more than a thousand more yards

Just because the packers D sucked doesnt mean Rodgers played bad. he was arguably one of the best qb's in the league his first year

And cue SouthGeorgia and his perpetual tripe about the "fans" causing the team's decline...

It's amazing to me that you even have the ability to sling together complete sentences so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that those complete sentences lack any intelligence whatsoever. If Buffalo is such a cesspool and you seem to look down on all of us fans, I have a suggestion, off yourself since life must be so unbearable cheering for a team that has morons for fans or find another team.

If we could make the decision we'd be happy to turf your arse you sorry, stupid excuse for a human being.

Go extrapolate some more stupidity Einstein.

Don't you know that the first place a prospective coach/GM/FA player goes to find out about a team is the message boards? Unless we start putting a better product on the web we are doomed to failure after failure.

First thing we do is blow up the FO. We can't do anything about the owner, but we sure as hell can clean up the admin mess around here.

Lori--gone

NG--gone

Simon--gone

AiO--gone

RR--gone

Now, let's attract some top notch admins who will run a tight ship. First thing they need to do is ban all posters who don't agree with what I have to say. Kick all the asshats to the curb. Go to bb.com and spout your nonsense over there. Then, we need to allow those really big avatars. And pics...we need to imbed pics in our posts...players love that! I think we shoud be allowed to swear too. Who gives a ****ty !@#$ whether I !@#$in want to say kitty or ****. I can already say piss and rooster so why not **** and kitty? Players love swearing!

We can get this done too. You can't deny it...all message boards are similar. You can go from also ran to top of the line in one off season.

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dog14787
Don't you know that the first place a prospective coach/GM/FA player goes to find out about a team is the message boards? Unless we start putting a better product on the web we are doomed to failure after failure.

First thing we do is blow up the FO. We can't do anything about the owner, but we sure as hell can clean up the admin mess around here.

Lori--gone

NG--gone

Simon--gone

AiO--gone

RR--gone

Now, let's attract some top notch admins who will run a tight ship. First thing they need to do is ban all posters who don't agree with what I have to say. Kick all the asshats to the curb. Go to bb.com and spout your nonsense over there. Then, we need to allow those really big avatars. And pics...we need to imbed pics in our posts...players love that! I think we shoud be allowed to swear too. Who gives a ****ty !@#$ whether I !@#$in want to say kitty or ****. I can already say piss and rooster so why not **** and kitty? Players love swearing!

We can get this done too. You can't deny it...all message boards are similar. You can go from also ran to top of the line in one off season.

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget SDS, isn't he like the TSW GM.

We need more sexy half naked woman Avaters to boost moral around here and SDS doesn't allow enough profanity. :wallbash:

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

When Parcells was brought in, the first thing he did was clear house on the DolFANS message board...immediate dividends!

Personally, for whatever reason, I think Edwards lost whatever mojo he might've had when he got his bell rung in Arizona and was then joined to the hip to Dick Jauron, Buffalo's Caspar Milquetoast. Who knows what might've been had that not happened, I'll go for that, but to say "many playoff teams" have less talented QBs than Edwards .... wow, I'm not sure his own family would go that far.

When we look back at the pre-Arizona Trent Edwards and the post-Arizona Trent Edwards we see two different quarterbacks ... I agree that THE DICK pulled Trent under his control following the concussion to the point of taking away the edge that we once saw. Trent in those early days had command of the huddle and the field but then he wimped out ... playing not to lose just like a certain former coach.

We will never know what he might have been but the learning curve as a quarterback under Jauron has fatally flawed Trent Edwards to the point that he needs some major coaching, encouraging and an offensive line that is not utterly offensive and he will never get all of that here in Buffalo.

So, it's so long Trent ... maybe next time you'll be a fan of the team you are quarterbacking!

Guest dog14787
he's the owner...untouchable

Hmmmm, no wonder he scares me, SDS could toss me like a sack of rotten potatoes.

Hey... won't ya play... another "Somebody Done Somebody wrong song"...

Lori--gone

NG--gone

Simon--gone

AiO--gone

RR--gone

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

Dear God that's funny!!! :wallbash::w00t::lol:

It it's not asking too much, could we get rid of Crayonz too?

I was backing T.O. to the hilt, watched his dumbass reality show

:wallbash:

Dog, you cannot blame THAT on anybody but yourself (and I'm not saying you did).

That ... ooh ... wow ... ouch.

and started watching his tweets on twitter. Everyone around here knows I pretty much back all the players unless they do something that reflects bad on the team like Donte Whitner for instance. T.O. threw his QB under the bus again, a QB and fella I think highly of and for that he's on my sh#t list.

TO made your list, and now you are attempting to qualify it.

Here is your quote I responded to:

I'm glad at least some folks see the situation for what it really is and to dislike a Bills player so much you throw all logic out the window in an effort to bash your own teams player is really pathetic in my opinion.

The part in bold literally describes you and your reaction to TO.

You blame Edwards inability to be a leader on TO, or more specifically, Trent's "refusal" to cater to TO.

Back in June ... June .... it was revealed nobody on the team considered TE a leader of the team.

June.

Before training camp, and way before TO played a game in a Bills uni.

Heck, even Kelly noticed a problem back in October (if IIRC). Kelly stated when the offense came off the field, nobody was communicating with each other. Trent went over to nobody, and nobody went over to Trent.

True effective leaders do NOT sit in isolation with their thoughts. Show me any team, whether its competitive sports or in business, where the leader(s) is/are not communicating with everybody else, and I'll show you a team that is failing.

If I was on a crusade against T.O., believe me, you guys would know it like take for instance my JP Losman and TE crusade's. I've held my temper and posts out of respect for the T.O. fans here on the board. I do practice what I preach and I also take other folks feelings into consideration more than most folks on this board do.

Then stop blaming TO for Edwards failure.

Otherwise, you "dislike a Bills player so much you throw all logic out the window in an effort to bash your own teams player".

Guest dog14787
:wallbash:

Dog, you cannot blame THAT on anybody but yourself (and I'm not saying you did).

That ... ooh ... wow ... ouch.

TO made your list, and now you are attempting to qualify it.

Here is your quote I responded to:

The part in bold literally describes you and your reaction to TO.

You blame Edwards inability to be a leader on TO, or more specifically, Trent's "refusal" to cater to TO.

Back in June ... June .... it was revealed nobody on the team considered TE a leader of the team.

June.

Before training camp, and way before TO played a game in a Bills uni.

Heck, even Kelly noticed a problem back in October (if IIRC). Kelly stated when the offense came off the field, nobody was communicating with each other. Trent went over to nobody, and nobody went over to Trent.

True effective leaders do NOT sit in isolation with their thoughts. Show me any team, whether its competitive sports or in business, where the leader(s) is/are not communicating with everybody else, and I'll show you a team that is failing.

Then stop blaming TO for Edwards failure.

Otherwise, you "dislike a Bills player so much you throw all logic out the window in an effort to bash your own teams player".

I'm blaming TE's struggles on the O-line, Coaching staff , and FO

T.O. threw TE under the bus, but that's secondary when it comes to this teams problems.

Whats really funny to me is anyone that knows football realizes everything is contingent on the O-line.

Accept that it isn't. A fact that I've proven to you many, many, many times now (dig up any post in which we've had this debate for the countless references I've made to prove it to you).

And once again, if you truly believe that, please answer any of the following (no, I won't stop asking until you actually do):

- Why did Pittsburgh, with their lousy OL (as evident by their below average running game and high volume of sacks allowed), win the Superbowl last year?

- Why does Pittsburgh, with their lousy OL (as evident by their below average running game and high volume of sacks allowed), have the #6 passing offense this year?

- Why do numerous other teams, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Green Bay among them, with their lousy OLs (as evident by their below average running games and high volume of sacks allowed), have great passing offenses this year?

Please answer the question...just once...without some blanket "everyone knows" or "so-and-so says but I won't provide a link" or "these other fans think so, so it must be right" argument. Here's a hint to help you out: it's the QB, not the o-line.

Whats funny to me is even the Bills players have voiced it including TO, but still folks refuse to listen.

So forget my eyes buddy, how about listening to what the players and even the coaches including Perry Fewell are saying.

Link?

In fact the only quote from T.O. that I remember was him supporting Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

Guest dog14787
Accept that it isn't. A fact that I've proven to you many, many, many times now (dig up any post in which we've had this debate for the countless references I've made to prove it to you).

And once again, if you truly believe that, please answer any of the following (no, I won't stop asking until you actually do):

- Why did Pittsburgh, with their lousy OL (as evident by their below average running game and high volume of sacks allowed), win the Superbowl last year?

- Why does Pittsburgh, with their lousy OL (as evident by their below average running game and high volume of sacks allowed), have the #6 passing offense this year?

- Why do numerous other teams, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Green Bay among them, with their lousy OLs (as evident by their below average running games and high volume of sacks allowed), have great passing offenses this year?

Please answer the question...just once...without some blanket "everyone knows" or "so-and-so says but I won't provide a link" or "these other fans think so, so it must be right" argument. Here's a hint to help you out: it's the QB, not the o-line.

Link?

In fact the only quote from T.O. that I remember was him supporting Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

I'm talking about O-line problems, what are you talking about?

You must not listen to all the interviews then, but I'm not going back over all of them.

Very last interview, TO: "same thing its always been, Fitz is having a hard time because of the protection".

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...ed-7e483da8aadf

For one, I was born and raised in western NY, so perhaps my opinion isn't entirely misplaced. Secondly, I don't hate the entire fan base, just the sector of it who likes to blame Trent Edwards for being terrible. Also, I love the Bills as much as you or anyone else, and honestly, considering I could easily now root for a more local team, it could be argued that my love of this floundering and unsuccessful franchise is even greater than most. And yes, we all have the right to discuss the who's and why's of on-field failures. And I'm not even saying Trent didn't fail. I'm simply saying it is absurd to expect any QB in the league to be successful here.

Your explanation is confusing at best, and total BS at worst. So you could root for someone else based on geography, but see fit to grace our local team with your fandom? Wow, aren't you fantastic!

For you to claim that you're "simply stating" anything with your last post is beyond laughable. You called the area a "flaming cesspool of stupidity". Or did I misread something? You also said that the opinions of the people on this board constitue "slander", which is an incredibly ridiculous over-dramatization. Perhaps you were also kidding about your "badgering, judemental idiots" comment? Or how about "ignorance-worshipping idiots"? Perhaps all of these statements apply to those that feel like Edwards has been yet another in a long-line of QB failures, or were you just kidding and we should all lighten up now that some of us take exception to your B word session?

Your trumpeting of such is quite louder than mine, and the same is true of all of those fans who are of your ilk..

Yes, my trumpeting, which consists of an opinion that neither Edwards nor any other QB on the Bills roster are good enough, regardless of the offensive line play, is totally unacceptable. Flaming stupidity I suppose. Slanderous even! Yes, myself and the others of my ilk, which must constitute all those that don't feel like sub-standard QB play is acceptable for the better part of a decade, must be a real bunch of badgering, judgemental idiots I suppose! Much better to launch a vitriole-filled bashing of the fans and the area. Good grief, what a monument of crappola.

I'm glad that you recognize the irony and sarcasm of my statement and that you demonstrated as much in your response.

Ah, so after trying to defend your position, you're going to fall back on the "I was just kidding" defense? Well played sir, well played. You truly are an original.

So enjoy the comfort of your majority opinion. Just remember that the majority of people in society have no true capacity for understanding, and it is more than obvious on the forum.

Thank you, DeCartes. Perhaps for your next genius revelation you can teach us all how to shut our self-righteous mouths. Why don't you start by leading by example?

I'm talking about O-line problems, what are you talking about?

You must not listen to all the interviews then, but I'm not going back over all of them.

Very last interview, TO: "same thing its always been, Fitz is having a hard time because of the protection".

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...ed-7e483da8aadf

So you're going to dodge the question again? Good deal. I'll move right on.