Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough. In summary we knew what they were capable of and it was time to move on.

I dont feel the same about Edwards. He is better than his production and has been dragged down because of the support system around him. If he leaves the Bills next year there is very little doubt that he will flourish elsewhere. I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards. Today's game frames the situation. He sits for four weeks behind a journeyman at best....and gets sacked twice because of a turnstile O-line. If this front office had done NOTHING with last years o-line Edwards would have had a chance to springboard this year.

Edwards deserves far better than this BS.

Current list of Quarterbacks potentially making the playoffs this year.

Manning

Rivers

Palmer

Brady

Flacco

Orton

Brees

Favre

McNabb

Warner

Rodgers

Romo

How can you even say that any one of these guys are less talented than Edwards? Maybe Orton.. but notice that they are all superstars? hmmmm

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current list of Quarterbacks potentially making the playoffs this year.

Manning

Rivers

Palmer

Brady

Flacco

Orton

Brees

Favre

McNabb

Warner

Rodgers

Romo

How can you even say that any one of these guys are less talented than Edwards? Maybe Orton.. but notice that they are all superstars? hmmmm

I made the same observation a few pages back. I even asked for Pozitive51 to name a few. Nary a peep. He/she also says in that Trent is "better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league" All of the above on your list are better. If I can name 4 more I'll blow that out of the water too. I'll try.

Big Ben

Matt Ryan

Matt Hasselback

Eli Manning

And a few more for good measure:

Michael Vick

David Gerrard

Matt Shaub

Vince Young

For every one of you folks that doesn't think the O-line matters very much in the NFL there's a thousand folks that think differently and its just the same old folks here on TSW, same old story over and over again bashing TE, but you are a minority regardless if you like it or not.(talking about the O-line, not TE)

Losing faith in TE I can understand, but throwing all logic out the window because you hate a Bills player so much, that I cannot understand.

I'm sorry dog but this statement is just so tired. Like anybody really thinks that.

Guest dog14787
I'm sorry dog but this statement is just so tired. Like anybody really thinks that.

So what is it you think the bandit is hell bent on convincing me of then, good grief.

You guys trying to evaluate our QB behind our pathetic excuse for an O-line also gets tiresome.

So what is it you think the bandit is hell bent on convincing me of then, good grief.

I'm not going to explain it too you, it's plain as day and even spelled out with fact. You are certainly smart enough to figure it out but choose to ignore the truth. Call it blind loyality to your guy, I guess.

You guys trying to evaluate our QB behind our pathetic excuse for an O-line also gets tiresome.

He lost his job to Ryan Fitzpatrick who has played with the same horrid line. Ryan Fitzpatrick is terrible and was terrible in Cinncy. They are equivalent in terrible play.

I have got to say I really do not understand the argument that Trent (or Fitz) would be some kind of wunderkind if he had another second or two to throw. Watch other football games, count how many seconds it takes for the D Line to get to the QB. Being behind center for the Bills means you need to get the ball out .5-1 second faster than maybe half of the teams out there. Pitt and GB, in particular, are much worse off than the Bills. Smart capable QBs work through it.

It honestly boggles my mind how anyone can assign no responsibility to piss poor QB play.

Guest dog14787
I have got to say I really do not understand the argument that Trent (or Fitz) would be some kind of wunderkind if he had another second or two to throw. Watch other football games, count how many seconds it takes for the D Line to get to the QB. Being behind center for the Bills means you need to get the ball out .5-1 second faster than maybe half of the teams out there. Pitt and GB, in particular, are much worse off than the Bills. Smart capable QBs work through it.

It honestly boggles my mind how anyone can assign no responsibility to piss poor QB play.

It boggles my mind how folks refuse to think bad O-line play doesn't have something to do with it.

It boggles my mind how folks refuse to think bad O-line play doesn't have something to do with it.

Change the record man, you are just saying the same thing over and over with nothing to back it up. people are throwing stats and logic at you from all directions. O line is just part of it, but the QBs are not NFL quality players. Excusing their play as a symptom of the O line is disregarding all kinds of information out there from other teams that have the same problem. You think these chumps would have winning records with the Broncos, Steelers, or Packers? No, of course not.

Guest dog14787
I'm not going to explain it too you, it's plain as day and even spelled out with fact. You are certainly smart enough to figure it out but choose to ignore the truth. Call it blind loyality to your guy, I guess.

I'm smart enough to figure out your feeding me a line of BS, so save it buddy.

Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick :wallbash:

yeah, right? He gets sacked less, wins more and and throws for more yards. Even though he is terrible, he understands he has to work with the line and make different decisions. A really solid QB would be annoyed by such a porous line, but would still find a way to win. Again, lots of examples out there to defend that thought.

yeah, right? He gets sacked less, wins more and and throws for more yards. Even though he is terrible, he understands he has to work with the line and make different decisions. A really solid QB would be annoyed by such a porous line, but would still find a way to win. Again, lots of examples out there to defend that thought.

Fitzpatrick is god awful but the players and coaching staff prefer him over Edwards. That says an awful lot.

Guest dog14787
Save what? My opinion is just as valid as yours and twice as valid in regards to TE.

...........Ryan Fitzpatrick :wallbash:

Its nice to hear you have such a high opinion of yourself Push.

So my opinion is less valid because I think the O-line plays a big part in a QB success, is this what your telling me.

Glad you got it all figured our Einstien.

better yet, shove it...

Its nice to hear you have such a high opinion of yourself Push.

So my opinion is less valid because I think the O-line plays a big part in a QB success, is this what your telling me.

Glad you got it all figured our Einstien.

better yet, shove it...

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starter! Possibly Brian Brohm next week! :wallbash::w00t::lol: