Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

the fun of being an out of work English professor--that editing energy has to come out somewhere!

lo, in a fun side note in all of my years of education I've never had an English teacher that could spell worth a ****..they are usually the worst

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the offensive line is a problem, but Trent did NOTHING when he had the opportunities to make plays. Continuing to blame the offensive line for every 1 yard pass that Edwards throws is just ridiculous. You ARE making a fool of yourself when you argue that he can be successful and agree with statements that he is better than 1/2 the QBs in the league. He's barely better than Jamarcus Russell at this point. You want to go back and worship the 4-0 start of last year? Tell me again what teams Trentative beat...? Didn't he struggle against some of those lowly teams as well? Including college, the guy has 1 300 yd passing game on his resume. Get over the OL play, they could give him 5 seconds to throw and it wouldn't make a difference. The guy flat out sucks! No, he isn't the only problem, but he is a large part of the problem. Do yourself a favor - take off your rose colored glasses and you'll see the points that everyone else has been arguing. OL = bad; Trentative = very bad. Your hero isn't the savior you so desperately want him to be. Face the facts...

you guys are all retarded....its obviously Bill Clintons fault.

If not for the little red line under all the misspelling my posts would barely come across as being in english.

i apologize i didn't mean to throw you in with the rest of them ...I just find it funny, because you would think they would be the best at it... but sadly :doh:

is it OK when people call Demetrius Bell a POS?

Not only happens on these boards, but also in homes, as well as at the games; that's why it was a little surprising that people rose up and called out Cablelady for calling Trent a POS. I can't speak for her, or the others who call out the players, but it's obvious to me that they call players POS in relation to their football prowess...

Really?

Today was a microcosm of his career in Buffalo. He comes in for 3 plays, 2 bad sacks, one pass that didn't cross the LOS, fakes an injury and is done. Unfortunately, when I think of Trent Edwards that's pretty much what he's done here.

FIXED

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough.

Oh really? In Flutie's last game as a Bill be had a perfect QB rating and led the team to a 39 -0 drubbing of the Seattle Seahawks in their own house. Flutie had another season of good football in him if Gregg Williams had been smart and kept Flutie and dumped RJ.

There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards.

Can you please name a few? The QBs on playoff teams if the season ended today are Brady, Palmer, Manning, Rivers, Orton, Flacco, McNabb, Favre, Brees, Warner, Romo, and Rodgers. Which of these are worse than Edwards?

No, Trent doesn't deserve better. He's lousy.

Fitzpatrick is lousy.

Losman was lousy.

Could it be that this organization just doesn't know how to identify a talented QB? Nah, gotta be something else, right?

Many of you already know what's coming, because you've seen my posts on this subject before, but...For those that want to blame the OL, hit the link:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?sea...mp;d-447263-n=1

Check out the most sacked QBs in the NFL. The list you see includes the QBs that lead some of the best passing offenses in the NFL. Rogers, Roethlisberger, Romo, Favre, all rank in the top 6 as far as how often they're brought down, but their passing offenses rank 8th, 6th, 7th, and 12th, respectively. Also, you may choose to check out the running games for each of these teams, as all but 1 (Dallas) have very similar tushing attacks to Buffalo (in terms of rushing yards/game):

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...e&Submit=Go

I also find it funny that Big Ben was sacked 5 times yesterday (and pressured countless other times) but still managed to throw for over 500 yards and put 37 points on the board against the #2 defense in football. Meanwhile, our dynamic QB duo were dropped only once more (6 times), but managed a total of 177 passing yards and 10 points against the #10 defense in football, while rushing for more yards (105 for Buffalo vs. 65 for Pittsburgh) and touting a better WR corps. I wonder what the difference is...

Must be the OL, right?

Honestly, for even the most casual observer, it should be really, really, really obvious that it's NOT the OL, but rather the QB that makes the difference on offense.

If you don't believe me, try looking at Pittsburgh's o-line performance last year, when they won the Superbowl.

For those of you that still don't agree, I'm STILL waiting on a compelling argument...bring it on, I'm begging you. :ph34r:

What he does have is the worst O line in the leaugue, a rookie offenssive coordinator that got the job one week before the opener and an over the hill WR that is just waiting to throw him or anybody else under the bus in order to get some attention or more throws.

It seems to me that Fitz has checked down often, taken a lot of sacks, ran for his life and gotten banged up in the process.. the common demoninator is the team. He probably needs to go because this team needs a fresh start... and he deserves better.

Please oh please show us ANYTHING where TO has thrown anyone under the bus this season to get more reps? You said he is just waiting to do so...well there are only 2 games left this season, so when do you think he is going to throw someone under the bus that will just ruin our season?

You lose all credibility with your rant here, not that you had much to stand on with your Trent love fest, but labeling TO as if he has been some kind of problem is lame.

Guest dog14787
So says the guy who leads a crusade against TO.

A bit of advice: Before preaching, better make sure you are practicing.

I was backing T.O. to the hilt, watched his dumbass reality show and started watching his tweets on twitter. Everyone around here knows I pretty much back all the players unless they do something that reflects bad on the team like Donte Whitner for instance. T.O. threw his QB under the bus again, a QB and fella I think highly of and for that he's on my sh#t list. If I was on a crusade against T.O., believe me, you guys would know it like take for instance my JP Losman and TE crusade's. I've held my temper and posts out of respect for the T.O. fans here on the board. I do practice what I preach and I also take other folks feelings into consideration more than most folks on this board do.

:ph34r: You and dog should really get together.

What, because we both realize you need an O-line that can block to succeed in this league and it doesn't make much sense to bash the QB when the line in front of him is not performing well.

Did you take the time to report it?

I've probably been called more bad names on this board then anyone here, but snitch will not be one of them so if it takes an actual complaint from another poster to enforce the rules here, good luck because I'm sure the majority of the board feels the way I do. With that being said, I think this is the best place on the internet to post bar none and the Mods here are totally awesome and do an excellent job giving folks enough space to communicate freely.

FIXED

Still waiting for my flight info...

Guest dog14787
No, Trent doesn't deserve better. He's lousy.

Fitzpatrick is lousy.

Losman was lousy.

Could it be that this organization just doesn't know how to identify a talented QB? Nah, gotta be something else, right?

Many of you already know what's coming, because you've seen my posts on this subject before, but...For those that want to blame the OL, hit the link:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?sea...mp;d-447263-n=1

Check out the most sacked QBs in the NFL. The list you see includes the QBs that lead some of the best passing offenses in the NFL. Rogers, Roethlisberger, Romo, Favre, all rank in the top 6 as far as how often they're brought down, but their passing offenses rank 8th, 6th, 7th, and 12th, respectively. Also, you may choose to check out the running games for each of these teams, as all but 1 (Dallas) have very similar tushing attacks to Buffalo (in terms of rushing yards/game):

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...e&Submit=Go

I also find it funny that Big Ben was sacked 5 times yesterday (and pressured countless other times) but still managed to throw for over 500 yards and put 37 points on the board against the #2 defense in football. Meanwhile, our dynamic QB duo were dropped only once more (6 times), but managed a total of 177 passing yards and 10 points against the #10 defense in football, while rushing for more yards (105 for Buffalo vs. 65 for Pittsburgh) and touting a better WR corps. I wonder what the difference is...

Must be the OL, right?

Honestly, for even the most casual observer, it should be really, really, really obvious that it's NOT the OL, but rather the QB that makes the difference on offense.

If you don't believe me, try looking at Pittsburgh's o-line performance last year, when they won the Superbowl.

For those of you that still don't agree, I'm STILL waiting on a compelling argument...bring it on, I'm begging you. :ph34r:

I take it you missed the Steelers game last week against Cleveland. I live right smack in the middle of Steelers territory and if you think folks aren't complaining about their pathetic O-line the way we do, your kidding yourself because damn near everyone I talk to says the reason the Steelers won't make it to the superbowl this year is their pathetic O-line play and its a miracle Big Ben is even standing.

The Steelers O-line is allot better than the Bills O-line and Trent Edwards is not Big Ben.

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough. In summary we knew what they were capable of and it was time to move on.

I dont feel the same about Edwards. He is better than his production and has been dragged down because of the support system around him. If he leaves the Bills next year there is very little doubt that he will flourish elsewhere. I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards. Today's game frames the situation. He sits for four weeks behind a journeyman at best....and gets sacked twice because of a turnstile O-line. If this front office had done NOTHING with last years o-line Edwards would have had a chance to springboard this year.

Edwards deserves far better than this BS.

I will quote one of the greatest losses of this sports community, "if you don't like it, get out of town!"

Guest dog14787
sorry, dog, but I think that the Skoobster takes the cake there (rightfully so, IMO)

Even Skooby hasn't heard some of the nasty names I have, Deans the only one that comes close and its no surprise he doesn't post much anymore. One of our best, smartest posters and Deans probably just tired of the BS he gets from some folks.