Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

We will see -- I wouldnt be surprised if the new coach and front office goes with Edwards next year. I think he is respected around the league and football people know he hasnt had a chance this past year.

:doh: You and dog should really get together.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JayBaller, you've managed to create an argument when there wasn't one. No one anointed Trent God. The point was Trent wasn't given to time to even back peddle, just as Fitz was given none for a number of series as well. That, Mr.

fabricator, was a fact and it remains that our O-line made Banta-Boo-Boo look like the second coming of Bruce Smith.

Calling others an apologist merely shouts out that you have written a check your ass can't cash. You haven't the logic or knowledge to hold a legitimate discussion. :doh:

Spider before you jump into a conversation, read the previous posts. Who cares what Trent did, or didn't do in this game. The OP stated, "Trent deserves better than this" and people started coming out of the woodwork defending and backing Trent Edwards and his lack of productivity while in a Buffalo uniform. I've said the OL is a problem - which you would have seen if you had simply read, instead of running your mouth... The "apologists" reference was made to those defending a lack of productivity over a career from Trent Edwards - not the Trent Edwards in this game. Get a clue and know the argument before typing next time...

Try watching the Bills for more than 6 months. You have no clue, the OP is right, Trent is better than 1/2 the QBs in this league and you morons that are running him out of town will find that out next season.

Better than 1/2 the QBs at what? I hear he gives a mean back massage. He's not very good at quarterbacking, but he will rub your neck into nirvana

wow

Technically, he could be correct.

There are 32 starters in the league.

There are at least 32 back up QBs (second string, 32+ if you include third stringers).

So, it IS quite possible Edwards better than 1/2 of the QB. Unfortunately, He is still nothing more than back up at best.

Great post PushthePile

For JayBaller10, it will always be about Trent

This is funny. Either you haven't read a word that I wrote, or you have the short term memory of a gold fish. I'm the one who was telling you, "say it 10 times - our QBs suck, our QBs suck..." I also said the OL sucks. You see only what you want to see and have made this a JayBaller vs Trent crusade, when in fact it isn't. Trent sucks, Fitz sucks, the OL sucks... No more of your excuses for any of them.

This is funny. Either you haven't read a word that I wrote, or you have the short term memory of a gold fish. I'm the one who was telling you, "say it 10 times - our QBs suck, our QBs suck..." I also said the OL sucks. You see only what you want to see and have made this a JayBaller vs Trent crusade, when in fact it isn't. Trent sucks, Fitz sucks, the OL sucks... No more of your excuses for any of them.

:doh::wallbash::bag::wallbash:

There are at least 32 back up QBs (second string, 32+ if you include third stringers).

So, it IS quite possible Edwards better than 1/2 of the QB. Unfortunately, He is still nothing more than back up at best.

Great point! Assume there are 75 QBs in the league--I think we can agree Trent is around the 35th or 36th best QB in football...somewhere inbetween Josh Freeman and Daunte Culpepper. I stand corrected and apologize for my ignorant back massage comment

Looking at all the starting QBs in the league, I have a hard time taking Trent over any one of them. Trent is just not a good QB. I have yet to understand what people see in him. He has NEVER proven anything, why all the love?

Looking at all the starting QBs in the league, I have a hard time taking Trent over any one of them. Trent is just not a good QB. I have yet to understand what people see in him. He has NEVER proven anything, why all the love?

Mods.....please delete the above post....along with this one.

Jeez.....

because we are sad and lonely Bills fans who deeply love/immediately reject anyone or thing that can hold a football in one hand

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough. In summary we knew what they were capable of and it was time to move on.

I dont feel the same about Edwards. He is better than his production and has been dragged down because of the support system around him. If he leaves the Bills next year there is very little doubt that he will flourish elsewhere. I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards. Today's game frames the situation. He sits for four weeks behind a journeyman at best....and gets sacked twice because of a turnstile O-line. If this front office had done NOTHING with last years o-line Edwards would have had a chance to springboard this year.

Edwards deserves far better than this BS.

Yes, all those guys and Edwards deserved better. Perhaps better IS leaving the Bills.

But while I empathize with the players, I can't help feeling that THE BILLS FANS DESERVE BETTER, too. Hell, we all have rooted for the team for years (between 1 and 50), spent over a billion dollars on tickets, food, beverages, parking, NFL apparel and souvenirs, and the building and maintenance of a stadium. We have suffered through more losses than wins during the team's existence, a number of prolonged periods where the team has been poorly managed, a ton of games where we froze our azz in the stadium (thanks to cutting costs by failing to build a dome), a constant stream of "spin" answers to questions proving we are not respected as being intelligent, and token changes designed to placate us whenever we have been on the verge of revolting. And oh, by the way, veiled threats that if we do not keep lining Ralph's pockets with gold, that the team may have to play more games away from Buffalo - perhaps all of them.

The Bills' fans deserve better!

Yes, all those guys and Edwards deserved better. Perhaps better IS leaving the Bills.

But while I empathize with the players, I can't help feeling that THE BILLS FANS DESERVE BETTER, too. Hell, we all have rooted for the team for years (between 1 and 50), spent over a billion dollars on tickets, food, beverages, parking, NFL apparel and souvenirs, and the building and maintenance of a stadium. We have suffered through more losses than wins during the team's existence, a number of prolonged periods where the team has been poorly managed, a ton of games where we froze our azz in the stadium (thanks to cutting costs by failing to build a dome), a constant stream of "spin" answers to questions proving we are not respected as being intelligent, and token changes designed to placate us whenever we have been on the verge of revolting. And oh, by the way, veiled threats that if we do not keep lining Ralph's pockets with gold, that the team may have to play more games away from Buffalo - perhaps all of them.

The Bills' fans deserve better!

Yes, I believe Trent like many other ex or soon to be ex-bills will do better elsewhere. The Bills have not operated with a environment conduscive to winning in a long time. It's all in the numbers.

Some good coach somewhere might, MIGHT, turn Trent Edwards back into the QB he could have been had be not been coached into cowardice. The man had no line, and a HC who preferred 1-yard outlet passes on 3d and 13. Nothing Trent can do about that, and I really do think it killed his development.

But I don't think that somewhere is Buffalo, and I don't think that some good coach is here (or will be). Edwards might be a decent QB someday; he may even star. But he won't do it here. Good luck to him.

Anyone else amazed how being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs turns all fans against each other? This is the kind of vicious that turned me off the last Bills board I was on

Yeah? You wanna make something of it, tough guy? :wallbash:

Wouldn't it be easier to list the things that do NOT suck?

Such as:

1. ?

The secondary?

1. The secondary.

2. Moorman.

3. Ummmmm.....:doh: