Brian Brohm

Why not?

What happened to Trent (besides bruised ego and confidence destroying fear of getting another concussion playing behind our offensive (no pun intended) line? Is it just his ankle, etc....

Fitz is a journeyman QB. Nothing to build from, and certainly not an answer at #2 heading into next season. His accuracy is horrible.

I am getting the feeling that trying to decide who should start for the next 2 games is alot like voting: you've got fanatical idiots on both sides, who present 2 candidates that force the American population to choose between dumb and dumber.

Why not play Brohm? Give him a 2 week audition. Can't tell me that winning against the Falcons or Colts is anything remotely realistic, anyways.

If Trent is hurt, Brohm will be the second QB. If that is the case, you aren't wasting an active roster spot on a 3rd QB, so I don't understand why they don't throw him to the wolves and see if he can actually do something.

If Trent is hurt, Brohm will be the second QB. If that is the case, you aren't wasting an active roster spot on a 3rd QB, so I don't understand why they don't throw him to the wolves and see if he can actually do something.

Maybe someone should explain to Trent he IS hurt and should just stay away. Maybe the explainer does this while cracking knuckles or absent mindedly playing with a switchblade.

Brohm isn't even on the active list dude....

The 3rd/emergency QB, which Brohm was today, is always made "inactive" prior to the start of a game. Hopefully he's "active" next weekend, and the starter. Enough is enough.

Fitz got pulled today ,which was a surprise to see. I never thought I would see Trent in the game outside of injury. why go from bad to worse??

I hope they put Trent on IR, he toast anyway

Let Brohm take his lumps, we have nothing to gain by letting him sit, let see if he is better than Fitz.....

If not put Fitz back in the game.

I would offer this.... I wanna see what we have in Brohm as much as anyone else. However, with the two tackles we have manning this line, the kid who was battling confidence issues in GB would not gain anything valuable by playing. The interior of the line is solid, but the tackles.... good lord they are just horrid.

I suspect that Brohm will be moved up to the #2 QB position this week. Remember, TE was carted off the field; that means that he either has a significant ankle injury -- or he is a colossal coward. Either way, Brohm should see some reps this week in practice. If Fitz struggles against Atlanta, I think we just might see Brohm against Indy's backups in the season finale.

This offense has made Lee Evans completely invisible but somehow we'll be able to evaluate Brian Brohm's talent? I think I'll pass on feeding this kid to John Abraham, Dwight Freeney, and Robert Mathis.

Look..I think we should give the kid some confidence...tell him he will be in our plans next year as well...and give him some playing time in the remaining games. Obviously you can't judge him too hard given the situation. And now that it is apparent Fewell will not be the HC next season ( I would be shocked if he were made HC), he really should try the kid out. There's nothing holding him back. We're outta the playoffs and he will be outta of a job soon enough. But if he can do something with this kid, he might get lucky somewhere else.

You can tell a lot about someone by the way he/she handles adversity. At this point, there is no reason not to play Brohm, and if the experience of being under fire the last 2 games is too much for him and destroys his confidence, he wasn't the right man for the job anyway.

Look..I think we should give the kid some confidence...tell him he will be in our plans next year as well...and give him some playing time in the remaining games. Obviously you can't judge him too hard given the situation. And now that it is apparent Fewell will not be the HC next season ( I would be shocked if he were made HC), he really should try the kid out. There's nothing holding him back. We're outta the playoffs and he will be outta of a job soon enough. But if he can do something with this kid, he might get lucky somewhere else.

You're contradicting yourself....why would Brohm believe he's in their plans for next year if it's apparent that Fewell won't be the head coach? Right now, there are no guarantees that anyone on this team has a job next year. Besides, Fewell is a defensive coach. If he's coaching somewhere else next year, it's hard to say how much offensive input he would have to whoever his HC is.

The only reason to play Brohm is if Fitzpatrick gets injured badly enough where he can't play. The only people in the organization interested in Brohm's play would maybe be the front office, but we don't even know who of that group will have a job.

Fitz got pulled today ,which was a surprise to see. I never thought I would see Trent in the game outside of injury. why go from bad to worse??

I hope they put Trent on IR, he toast anyway

Let Brohm take his lumps, we have nothing to gain by letting him sit, let see if he is better than Fitz.....

If not put Fitz back in the game.

As I stare at the picture on your post.....Did you say something? :ph34r:

Then who was that QB who was up and limbering up when Fitz got banged up after coming back in the game. :wallbash:

Don't stop him - he's on a roll. :ph34r:

Seriously though - neither TE or RF should be the #1 QB going into camp for the 2010 season. The front office will need to address the QB needs either through free agency or the draft. But as long as you have one unknown on the roster, and zero playoff hopes, why not find out what you can about the #3 QB?

Hey... I tried this before and got nothing but bashed on here.... Well why not now....

And when he is bad, we should all throw sticks at him because he didnt win a game.

I'm all for it, but you know the Brohm bashers are waiting anxiously to rip him apart. after being with the team 3 weeks and not getting snaps with 1st team offense, and then not winning a game against a playofff fighting team and a team trying to go 16-0.

Hey... I tried this before and got nothing but bashed on here.... Well why not now....

Probably because he doesn't even know 1/3 of the playbook and he sucks just as bad as the other 2 except they could only run 1/3 of the plays? If all we have left is to root for is a guy to play that we picked up from another teams Practice Squad late in the season because he sucked so bad he couldn't even make their roster when they have no backup QBs, then we are in a really pathetic state.

This coupled with the fact that even if Brohm came in and played the last 2 games lights out, it would mean next to nothing anyway. It typically takes 4 or 5 weeks to get enough film on QBs to really see their tendencies and scheme accordingly. Think how great Sanchez looked for the first 4 or 5 games, and then what happened after that...

Because it is really stupid to have an inexperienced QB start behind a really bad offensive line.

It's stupid...why? Will the Bills score fewer than 10 points? And if so, would the excuse that Brohm sucked because he's inexperienced and played behind a really bad OL be worse than saying Ryan Fitzpatrick sucked despite having experience?

It's stupid...why? Will the Bills score fewer than 10 points? And if so, would the excuse that Brohm sucked because he's inexperienced and played behind a really bad OL be worse than saying Ryan Fitzpatrick sucked despite having experience?

It's stupid because that's why all the past QB's we have aren't starters on other teams. This is what's ruining the QB's we have.

Probably because he doesn't even know 1/3 of the playbook and he sucks just as bad as the other 2 except they could only run 1/3 of the plays? If all we have left is to root for is a guy to play that we picked up from another teams Practice Squad late in the season because he sucked so bad he couldn't even make their roster when they have no backup QBs, then we are in a really pathetic state.

This coupled with the fact that even if Brohm came in and played the last 2 games lights out, it would mean next to nothing anyway. It typically takes 4 or 5 weeks to get enough film on QBs to really see their tendencies and scheme accordingly. Think how great Sanchez looked for the first 4 or 5 games, and then what happened after that...

be careful common sense doesnt sit well around these parts. great post.