... and precisely why aren't we playing Hardy?

dave mcbride

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/19/sports/f...19chargers.html

Hardy played for IU in basketball.

Having said this, what's up with the "personal life" entry"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hardy_(American_football) (scroll down).

Yeah that was kinda weird. But I think they should be playing him more. The seasons shot. We need to develop our players and also while doing that, play for a better draft pick.

With the exception of the jump pass TD against Jacksonville, Hardy looked absolutely, completely lost on the field last year. With some guys you get the sense that more game experience will help them put it all together, but Hardy did not look like he had a grasp on the basics. Putting him out there in that condition wouldn't be of any benefit to him or the team.

Maybe he actually sucks?

He was a two sport athlete. 36 TD;s in 3 years. Rookie last year. Hurt this year. And he sucks already????? Serious? By the way Who was throwing him the ball last year? Who was Coaching him last year? An he sucks already.......Serious?

With the exception of the jump pass TD against Jacksonville, Hardy looked absolutely, completely lost on the field last year. With some guys you get the sense that more game experience will help them put it all together, but Hardy did not look like he had a grasp on the basics. Putting him out there in that condition wouldn't be of any benefit to him or the team.

But yet he was wide open and had a QB that wouldnt deliver.

But yet he was wide open and had a QB that wouldnt deliver.

Or perhaps people who see nothing other than what they want to fit their own ideas of what should be happening instead of reality...

the reality is he isn't very good right now, or he would be on the field.

Or perhaps people who see nothing other than what they want to fit their own ideas of what should be happening instead of reality...

the reality is he isn't very good right now, or he would be on the field.

Or perhaps people who goes to the games and writers that write about the games know what they are talking about and the haters or perhaps Edwards backers blame the rookie.

It was reported many times last year that Hardy and Evans were open many times. I was at the Miami game.

Or perhaps people who goes to the games and writers that write about the games know what they are talking about and the haters or perhaps Edwards backers blame the rookie.

It was reported many times last year that Hardy and Evans were open many times. I was at the Miami game.

Which is why they are not coaches for good reason...whats next, you are going to tell us that Losman will be the comeback player of the year and Super Bowl MVP next year?

Which is why they are not coaches for good reason...whats next, you are going to tell us that Losman will be the comeback player of the year and Super Bowl MVP next year?

dont give a crap about loseman.......Ok so.....if people who KNOW about football state that WR were open ALL wr were open then take it for what its worth(more then one game). I went to the Miami game and seen in with my own eyes.

Its all good though.......Let blame the rookie

Its all good though.......Let blame the rookie

or we can just make excuses for why a player isn't very good...hey that seems to be a running theme for this team...its never that players fault...its always someone else's fault when they end up sucking...

I'll give him a pass for the balance of the season. Very few players ever perform in a season where they start on the PUP. But next year is really it for him: he needs to show up to camp in shape, get to work, and earn some looks on the field, or he'll be looking for work in the UFL.

Yeah, the team I thought the Bills USED to mirror was the Redskins (I say used to, as the 'Skins have recently changed their fortunes by losing Cerrato and hiring Bruce Allen).

Now, the Redskins, having brought in outsider Sherm Lewis to run the offense, have begun to use wasted picks Thomas and Kelly. Thomas is starting to look good. Kelly, well...he does look like a bust.

Why can't we work Hardy into the lineup?

He's supposedly done nothing but rehab and study.

or we can just make excuses for why a player isn't very good...hey that seems to be a running theme for this team...its never that players fault...its always someone else's fault when they end up sucking...

Really, just about the post of the year. All these posters B word about the front office, 7-9 records, no playoffs for the decade, etc.......... but when you try to assess responsibilty for that, every player has a teflon coating. "Oh it can't be his fault and you have to give him more years" while all over the league are players that contribute now.

Probably the exception is TO as everyone is free to pile on him, and in reality he is the ONLY VISIBLE player who wnts to win badly and now. The rest wait only on pay day

Yeah, the team I thought the Bills USED to mirror was the Redskins (I say used to, as the 'Skins have recently changed their fortunes by losing Cerrato and hiring Bruce Allen).

Now, the Redskins, having brought in outsider Sherm Lewis to run the offense, have begun to use wasted picks Thomas and Kelly. Thomas is starting to look good. Kelly, well...he does look like a bust.

Why can't we work Hardy into the lineup?

He's supposedly done nothing but rehab and study.

Well maybe he should get on the field and practice too.

Fans may want to write this years team off right now and play guys THEY want to see so that THEY have a better view on weither THEY feel he is a bust or not, but the team and front office don't see it that way. Right now, they see what they have in their players as they see them all week, and they are all caoching for jobs next season. Why does Perry Fewell care to see if James Hardy and Steve Johnson can be contributors next season (or get a better draft pick) if they don't even know if they will be coaching next year? Would everyone want Fewell to stick around as the head coach for next year if he would throw the rest of the season and start playing 2nd and 3rd stringers

I`m sure if everyone here were temporarily employed at the top position by their employer and told they had a chance to possibly keep that position or be unemployed next year they would start doing research and helping out their replacements

Really, just about the post of the year. All these posters B word about the front office, 7-9 records, no playoffs for the decade, etc.......... but when you try to assess responsibilty for that, every player has a teflon coating. "Oh it can't be his fault and you have to give him more years" while all over the league are players that contribute now.

Probably the exception is TO as everyone is free to pile on him, and in reality he is the ONLY VISIBLE player who wnts to win badly and now. The rest wait only on pay day

You put TO, Evans, Hardy, Reed on a different team, with a different QB and Coach they would all produce. These are all good players. The system in place by DJ was a joke. What would D. Jackson being doing here in Buffalo if they would of drafted him instead of Hardy? You can't tell me he would be putting up those type of numbers in a Bills uniform.

And yet all over the league there are also great players that took some time to develop. Not all players step right in and contribute right away

As for TO, your joking right. He might say the right words for you to believe that he cares about winning as a team, but you only have to watch him when he is on the field and knows the play isnèt going to him to know he only cares about TO. TO is here cause he needed to show the league he can behave and get one more big payday. TO is not a leader or a team first guy, he just knows how to say the right things to help himself look better

yo Einstein

the front office gets the grief for sucky players- because they thought they were good when they brought them in

our players sucks because our front office can't find and evaluate NFL talent, especially on the OL

The game I seen must of been his good game then. Oh wait it was Miami. Reporters must be blind too.

Who are all these reporters that you are talking about? Everything I have read suggests Hardy has struggled mightily. I also went to a bunch of games last year and didn't see him getting open. In fact, the passes that went his way usually seemed forced. The team made a definite effort to get him the ball at times.

Who are all these reporters that you are talking about? Everything I have read suggests Hardy has struggled mightily. I also went to a bunch of games last year and didn't see him getting open. In fact, the passes that went his way usually seemed forced. The team made a definite effort to get him the ball at times.

There were several articles published last year after the games.....Never mind..not going to search for them either. Edwards played lights out last year so it must of been the rookies fault.

There were several articles published last year after the games.....Never mind..not going to search for them either. Edwards played lights out last year so it must of been the rookies fault.

James Hardy looked bad because he was not ready for the NFL. Whether he gets there or not is the unknown. I haven't heard too many observers that thought he looked good last season. The coaching staff really cut into his playing time as the season progressed. I tend to think it wasn't because he was constantly open.

Fewell has shown that he's willing to shake up the lineup to get the players he feels give us the best chance to win games on the field.

I suspect that a big part of the problem is that Hardy does not cover kicks and punts on special teams, and he isn't good enough to send Evans, Owens, or Reed to the bench. Particularly with Parrish gobbling up a 4th WR slot on gameday, your 5th WR almost absolutely has to be a guy who is covering kicks and punts.

Presuming that T.O. goes elsewhere this offseason, Hardy might suddenly find himself much higher up the depth chart by default next year...

JDG

James Hardy looked bad because he was not ready for the NFL. Whether he gets there or not is the unknown. I haven't heard too many observers that thought he looked good last season. The coaching staff really cut into his playing time as the season progressed. I tend to think it wasn't because he was constantly open.

You know.... you are right......You know with the awsome game plan they had and qb play the bills had last year....any WR would be successfull......Look at TO

How dare a roookie suck his first year in this system