Chris Henry in serious condition after car accident* (updated)

Got_Wood

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that gets me is I dont know what the sense is with people on this board wishing for people to "kick the bucket" It just does not make sense to me. Wishing ill and death on someone just is not tolerable in my book, but i guess thats just me.

RIP Chris.

it's pathetic, IMO

So he pulled the opposite of lynch. Sorry. But to be honest, I hope he is okay. I really do.

Who cares, does it really effect your life one way or the other? He would not give a dam about you, why would you give a dam about him. Guy was a troublemaker & a punk. I went out to dinner with a couple clients yesterday that work closely with the Bills. Heard some stories about Lynch yesterday that they were telling me, some of them were pretty bad. I will not share them because I will just get ripped on this board from the holierthenthou bills players can do no wrong fan club but this guy is a punk & I hope they run his ass out of town in the offseason.

Condolences.

Did anyone watch the news coverage? He was involved in a domestic altercation, jumped in the back of his fiances pickup and flew out the back, busting his head. Reminds me of when Mcnair passed, there will be some interesting facts come out of this case in the days to come. But the bottom line is that another young , rich athelete died tragically; this happens way too often.

Did he have any children?

Condolences.

Did anyone watch the news coverage? He was involved in a domestic altercation, jumped in the back of his fiances pickup and flew out the back, busting his head. Reminds me of when Mcnair passed, there will be some interesting facts come out of this case in the days to come. But the bottom line is that another young , rich athelete died tragically; this happens way too often.

3 kids, from what I read.

Condolences.

he had 3 kids. rip

Sad stuff right there. I dont care who you are, who you play for. Kid was a god player and starting to get his life together is seemed. Prayers for his family

The thing that gets me is I dont know what the sense is with people on this board wishing for people to "kick the bucket" It just does not make sense to me. Wishing ill and death on someone just is not tolerable in my book, but i guess thats just me.

RIP Chris.

I don't think very many people ever wish death upon someone even in anger (unless maybe it's the DC sniper or the guys that blew up the bldg in Ok City).

There is a saying though that "you can't care about someone who you don't care about". I don't think people need to act all sorrowful on message boards, but Chris Henry's death is tragic for the NFL family and certainly for his family and kids. That's what gets me.

Condolences.

Some report I read said they had 3 kids.

it's pathetic, IMO

I don't think anyone wanted him dead. It is just no one should be surprised how Chris Henry's life ended. Nothing but trouble in College, five arrests after College, dies in domestic dispute. But always the excuse when he dies, he was starting to turn his life around.

If you want to stop this crap, lobby that our "institutions of higher learning" start imposing the same academic standards for every one regardless of their contributions to the sports program bottom line. If athletes want to attend College they actually have to earn it in grade school and high school classrooms before they get there. Then they actually have to attend and pass meaningful classes. Instill learning and discipline at an early age and stop pandering to these sports stars and you will see less of these tragic endings. Where we fail people like Chris Henry is giving him a free pass their whole life because he can run fast and catch a football. There is never a need to grow mentally and when they try it is usually too late.

I don't think anyone wanted him dead. It is just no one should be surprised how Chris Henry's life ended. Nothing but trouble in College, five arrests after College, dies in domestic dispute. But always the excuse when he dies, he was starting to turn his life around.

If you want to stop this crap, lobby that our "institutions of higher learning" start imposing the same academic standards for every one regardless of their contributions to the sports program bottom line. If athletes want to attend College they actually have to earn it in grade school and high school classrooms before they get there. Then they actually have to attend and pass meaningful classes. Instill learning and discipline at an early age and stop pandering to these sports stars and you will see less of these tragic endings. Where we fail people like Chris Henry is giving him a free pass their whole life because he can run fast and catch a football. There is never a need to grow mentally and when they try it is usually too late.

He does not nor do we need a lecture at this time.

Quote from Carson Palmer before the season started:

(From ESPN)

"He's a great kid with a great heart," quarterback Carson Palmer said as training camp started.

"He's changed his life around. He ran into some trouble, made some bad decisions, and realized that. He's sorry for them, apologized for them, and has done everything he can to make himself a better person. I'm just proud of him."

RIP Chris Henry

You aren't very popular in this thread, but this post is spot on.

RIP Chris Henry