Rumors: Jauron to NYG, T.O. to SF

Craiger93

Off of the ESPN Rumors site....

Jauron to go BACK to working with Tom Coughlin as Def Coord., whom he had a previous relationship.

T.O. going back to SF as he stated to Adam Shefter.

I don't put too much stock in the T.O. rumor.....

Jauron to go BACK to working with Tom Coughlin as Def Coord., whom he had a previous relationship.

For weeks, I've been thinking Jauron would go to NY. Sheridan's a goner, and DJ is a good defensive coach who has a history with Coughlin.

For weeks, I've been thinking Jauron would go to NY. Sheridan's a goner, and DJ is a good defensive coach who has a history with Coughlin.

That's a myth. Jauron had one decent season with the Jags, that's it. Those teams were led by their offense. I will laugh at the Giants if they foolishly make him their defensive coordinator. I seriously wouldn't even hire him as a position coach.

That's a myth. Jauron had one decent season with the Jags, that's it. Those teams were led by their offense. I will laugh at the Giants if they foolishly make him their defensive coordinator. I seriously wouldn't even hire him as a position coach.

Well, the Bears finished first in points allowed in 2001. Obviously talent has a lot to do with it, and much as I don't think he's a good head coach, I do think he does a good job with the defensive talent he has on hand. In 01, the Bears had a great defense, and the next year they took a swan dive not because of coaching but primarily because of a devastating run of injuries. His defenses will give up yards, but they're usually pretty decent on the points front. He can scheme pretty well.

I would love to see him with the new york media

This is shocking to me. I was sure DJ was headed for the same fate as Rich Kotite and Kay Stephonson bofore him, the landscaping business.

I hope the Giants do take him I don't like the Giants.

I love the Giants ever since they ended NE's perfect season.

Jauron & Coughlin - So that's where he learned to never smile in public.

T.O. to SF - Maybe he left his heart there.

T.O. Should go back to the scrap heap or football junk yard with all the other "has beens". In his Prime T.O. was quite the spectacle on and off the field, but I have been in the stands and have watched him take plays off at his discretion. He has made a few nice catches recently but he is a shadow of his former self and he's 36 years old going on 40! He should try to angle his way into the sports booth or an on the field reporter or something because T.O. is washed up and should retire at seasons end! :thumbsup: Us poor Bills fans say "Have Him"!

T.O. going back to the niners is like Moss on the Raiders - a waste of time and money...

I'm gonna disagree with this one.

Singletary is a no-nonsense coach who has all of his players pulling on the oars in unison. If T.O. was to go to San Francisco, he'd have to be on his best behavior. The Forty Niners are building a solid team and adding Owens to the likes of Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis would give them a great offensive nucleus. The Niners are going to the playoffs next season and Owens would be a very nice addition.

Well, the Bears finished first in points allowed in 2001. Obviously talent has a lot to do with it, and much as I don't think he's a good head coach, I do think he does a good job with the defensive talent he has on hand. In 01, the Bears had a great defense, and the next year they took a swan dive not because of coaching but primarily because of a devastating run of injuries. His defenses will give up yards, but they're usually pretty decent on the points front. He can scheme pretty well.

Hmm. Where has that happened since? EVERY SEASON IN BUFFALO. Jauron defenses are too small to compete/last over a 16-game season. Not to mention playoffs. [Jim Mora voice] Playoffs!!?!?!? Playoffs!?!?! You talkin' to me about playoffs?!!!? Playoffs?? Are you kiddin' me?? I just hope we can win one more game. Playoffs!!?!?! [/Jim Mora voice].

Good thing that Jauron offenses are enough to compensate. Oh. Wait....

When your scheme involves trying to play DBs at 7 defensive positions and lightweights at the other 4, there's something really wrong with your scheme. Not to mention, there's something wrong with Jauron's homoerotic man-love for secondary players.

I would love to see him with the new york media

Generally, they just go after the coach or the QB. That's about as much as they understand about football.

I wonder what you were saying about Kevin Gilbride after we ran him out of town.

Dunno about him, but I was saying, "Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt."

If Jauron goes to NY, Tuck and Osi better start learning how to play pass coverage. :thumbsup:

:)