I feel an upset coming on Sunday vs Pats.

Bufcomments

Man I hope you are kidding. He comes in halfway through the season, no NFL caliber starting QB, no offensive line, all kinds of players injured (probably due to conditioning and wanting small quick players on D), all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and you want to say he should not even be considered because he could not turn that steaming pile of dog**** into a team that makes the playoffs? You must be either kidding or clueless.

Welcome to the Stadium Wall. Most people...and I include the WGR staff and Jerry Sullivan at the News...wouldn't know good coaching from Shineola.

PTR

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills already had their 'upset' this year against the Pats*, when they played pretty well and waited till the 4Q to blow the game. Now it's time for the annual sh--hammer game where the Bills look like a bad high school team.

Happens every year.

Moss has some issues when things don't go his way. This is gonna be a tough week for him and it might effect his play.

If their next game was against Indy or San Diego or another elite team, I'd think the opposite. They'd get him pumped for the game and watch him tear the defense apart.

But, since they play the Bills, I don't know. The motivation won't quite be there.

The Pats are not the same team anymore, they seem to have lost the edge . I for one hope the Jets win the division, since I cant stand either the Fins or the Pats.

Funny what happens when you can't use videotape anymore.

Honestly, I don't care if we lose as long as everyone on defense has one single, solitary goal and achieves it: hammer Tom Brady every freaking play until he can't get up off the ground. Even on handoffs, I don't care.

My favorite play of the decade was Nate Clements hammering Brady so hard on a scramble that he popped his helmet right off. Wish someone had a replay of that one.

Honestly, I don't care if we lose as long as everyone on defense has one single, solitary goal and achieves it: hammer Tom Brady every freaking play until he can't get up off the ground. Even on handoffs, I don't care.

My favorite play of the decade was Nate Clements hammering Brady so hard on a scramble that he popped his helmet right off. Wish someone had a replay of that one.

:wallbash:

The Pats*' secondary is vulnerable, and Jackson-Lynch just has to get through to exploit it. You'll see more of the misdirection stuff we saw against the Chiefs.

Lynch can't dance behind the line as much this week. Hit them holes hard, you Tiger!

At any time Brady could go off and have a a huge game. That being said, if he doesn't have a game like that against us, and the Pats play us like they did the Panthers, I think we stand a chance. It really is frutstrating losing to a division rival 12 straight times (I get that NE has been great this decade but even the Dolphins and Jets have found ways to beat them from time to time.)

The Pats*' secondary is vulnerable, and Jackson-Lynch just has to get through to exploit it. You'll see more of the misdirection stuff we saw against the Chiefs.

Lynch can't dance behind the line as much this week. Hit them holes hard, you Tiger!

Don't bite too much on what you saw of NE's secondary against NO on MNF, unless the Bills acquire Bree's in about 5 minutes

Is the game sold out?

I think the Bills will play with a lot of emotion and fire like the Dolphins game. I think Behlicheck will pound the run despite the obvious push to go back to Moss. For a team out of the playoffs since before thanksgiving, this game and the last game against the likely unbeaten Colts are great.... go bills!

I don't know why but I feel good about Sundays game. After all they had them beat in NE . Revenge is best served cold and it will be chilly at the Ralph lol

Fewell will take Brady's security blanket out the game, I believe he will double team Wes Welker on every play.

Moss has gone into "I dont give a F mode" great timing.

Fred Jackson will continue to play well against the Pats. I love the guy. Expect him to have at least 130 all purpose yds.

Team still has the sting of the first game and will play hard. Notice the hitting has been better since Perry took over.

Also the false starts have gone down, if we can not shoot our selfs in the foot we can keep it close.

Defense will have to score, Byrd will get another pick, seems like Brady is pressing lately.

Special teams have been on fire, we have the edge there.

Bills will be motivated to put a serious hurt on the Pats playoff chances. I expect the game will be closer than people think.

The koolaid I have been drinking is Bill grape flavor :rolleyes:

I guess I am a diehard fan what can I say " I love me some me"

7-9 baby here we come. With so many injuries this year I guess that is the best we can get.

If they lose will it was expected. If they win it would be SWEET.

If 297 yds Fitz shows up--then totally. If 87 yds Fitz shows up? not so much

Is the game sold out?

I think the Bills will play with a lot of emotion and fire like the Dolphins game. I think Behlicheck will pound the run despite the obvious push to go back to Moss. For a team out of the playoffs since before thanksgiving, this game and the last game against the likely unbeaten Colts are great.... go bills!

I'm wondering how many of the fans at the game with be Pats fans though???

Do you call Perry Fewell a good head coach? Where have our standards gone?

There are good head coaches and great head coaches.

The great ones usually also have great GM's, great support staff (offense, defense, and special team coordinators), assistants, scouts, play makers, owner's who will spend big money......

Since the HC was fired, the OC was fired, almost a third of the team was injured at any given time, AND Fewell was charged with running the gauntlet without so much as a starting QB - I think he has done very well with very little.

Go back and look at Bellycheck at Cleveland. Would you have called him a good head coach? (and please do not twist that to mean I think Fewell is the next Belichek)

Fewell has not yet had the time or tools to answer your first question. I like his energy and attitude, but that is not enough by itself.

To answer your second, standards are standards and the Bills have been sub-standard for so long it is a travesty to professional football. :rolleyes:

Just food for thought, my fellow fan!

oh ye of little faith.....

Wanna make a wager?? :rolleyes: I think the game is gonna be close. The patsies barely beat Carolina with a backup QB.

...and we got beat by Cleveland. Sure it could happen, this is football. But the odds are not good.

How can you say he has been bad? He has had NOTHING to work with, No QB, an O line with 4 guys who started this year on IR, and AVP calling the plays.

Perry, If he wins tomorrow should be enshrined in Buffalo for FINALLY beating the Pats for us. To beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichek with all the above variables considered AT THE VERY LEAST should warrant him a very hard long look. Bring in a good GM then to bring in some football guys and give him a chance. At least hes made the Bills interesting again, cause if Jauron was here, we would'nt even be having conversations about the Bills beating the Pats tomorrow.

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do see a good coach. The Bills next head coach? That is for the new GM to decide. But let me point out a few observations about the Coach Fewell-led Bills.

> Penalties way down.

> Improved run defense.

> Better atitude and focus

> Actually winning games with a roster ravaged by injury.

Stop and think for a minute how the Bills have gone through O-linemen, and yet they still went 2-2. You know how people always say O-lines need time to get chemistry? These guys have days to learn to play together. Days. And yet they've won 2 out of 4 games. The only thing that has changed, other than the IR list, is limp Dick Jauron being replaced by Perry Fewell. Coincidence?

Maybe you need to get over whatever smell of Dick Jauron Fewell has on him and start looking at the job he is actually doing.

PTR