Trent Edwards

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

After watching Matt Cassel play the Bills yesterday knowing how much the Chiefs have invested in him and watching our backup QB for a few games, the difference in the Caliber between TE, Fitz and Cassel is obvious in my opinion. Trent Edwards is better then Cassel, he's better then Fitzpatrick, probably better then half the QB's starting in this league.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a rookie O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

Judging from our offense yesterday, we now have another defensive minded coach trying to run the offense. Fewell, if you are going to run a ball control, run it down your throat type offense which considering our O-line and youth at the QB position is not such a bad idea, put a QB in that can hit the broad side of a barn. If this is the offense you want to run, Captain Check down is the guy for you. Fitzpatrick fumbles and turns the ball over way to much and its a miracle we even beat the pitiful Chiefs in my opinion.

Because of our O-line I really didn't want TE back onto the field this season, but TE can run a conservative offense. He's much more accurate and will not turn the ball over near as much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot beat the Pats, but in my opinion Trent Edwards can and he almost proved it once this year already.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stop it, please.

Back away from the keyboard, and take a deep breath.

Trent Edwards has worn out his welcome with the Bills. Whether it is right or wrong, there it is.

After watching Matt Cassel play the Bills yesterday knowing how much the Chiefs have invested in him and watching our backup QB for a few games, the difference in the Caliber between TE, Fitz and Cassel is obvious in my opinion. Trent Edwards is better then Cassel, he's better then Fitzpatrick, probably better then half the QB's starting in this league.

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a pathetic O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

Judging from our offense yesterday, we now have another defensive minded coach trying to run the offense. Fewell, if you are going to run a ball control, run it down your throat type offense which considering our O-line and youth at the QB position is not such a bad idea, put a QB in that can hit the broad side of a barn. If this is the offense you want to run, Captain Check down is the guy for you. Fitzpatrick fumbles and turns the ball over way to much and its a miracle we even beat the pitiful Chiefs in my opinion.

Because of our O-line I really didn't want TE back onto the field this season, but TE can run a conservative offense. He's much more accurate and will not turn the ball over near as much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot beat the Pats, but in my opinion Trent Edwards can and he almost proved it once this year already.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

Just stop it, please.

Trent Edwards has worn out his welcome with the Bills. Whether it is right or wrong, there it is.

It's definitely true. Whatever it was that happened (and I guess maybe it was cumulative), there is no question that whomever is making the decisions at OBD (something else we'll never know) has decreed that Edwards has played his last game as a Bill. It's strange, especially after watching Fitz play yesterday (there is no way Edwards would be WORSE than that, and I for one think he'd be a slight-to-moderate upgrade). But you're right, the decision has been made and they've moved on.

Guest dog14787
Just stop it, please.

Its to late, I can't stop, can't help myself...

This is all pure speculation on my part, but I believe theres more behind this then meets the eye. I'm willing to bet there was a clash of heads and Hamdan defended Trent then lost his job because of it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if T.O. was right in the middle of all the back stabbing and turmoil that tore this team apart. Fitz gives us the best chance to win my ass,

Again all pure speculation on my part and everyone knows dog14787 has a wild imagination...

Trent Edwards regressed because we stuck him behind a pathetic O-line. Trent Edwards regressed because our coaching at the HC and OC position over the last 5 plus years has been pathetic. Trent Edwards regressed because of a self centered idiot we brought in at the WR position to supposedly help this ball club. Do you think the Steelers are looking for a new QB after losing to the pitiful Browns and giving up 8 sacks. Big Ben is a championship caliber QB coming back from a concussion and you see the results when playing behind a sub par O-line.

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

It so hard to let go of a love gone wrong, isn't it?

Get your self a tub of Haagen Daz, put on your favorite flannel nightie and curl up on the couch to have a good cry. Then go to YouTube and play this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM3QNXaERjE

There, there, now don't you feel better?

Again all pure speculation on my part and everyone knows dog14787 has a wild imagination...

Indeed.

But come on, dog, why does one need a Rube Goldberg conspiracy theory to figure out why Trent lost his job? He not only played poorly, he played so risk-averse that he did not allow for the possibility of big plays. Not a winning combination, especially when you consider that he has never been the fiery leader type. Any lobbying from TO or anyone else, if it happened, is incidental to the damage that Trent has inflicted on himself by his poor, over-cautious play. I really wanted him to succeed (hell, I am a Bills fan, I want anyone who plays QB for the Bills to succeed), but he has not shown me much to inspire confidence over the past year. Even with all the problems of the O-line etc. etc., so don't go there.

Fitz is also mediocre, but shows more fire, and takes more risks. That does not mean he is a better athlete than Trent, nor does it mean that he automatically gives the Bills a better chance to win. All it means is that the coach is apparently more comfortable with giving him a chance to make something happen.

Guest dog14787
Anything other than Brohm under center is just a replay of what we already know. Edwards doesn't have the guts to play QB in the NFL and Fitzpatrick doesn't have the accuracy.

Folks assume as much because TE couldn't get the ball down the field, but it takes the proper protection to allow our WR's to run intermediate or long routes.

Our top receivers against the Chiefs as far as receptions go went to our RB's coming out of the backfield, Marshawn and Freddie both had three.

Now if this is the way were going to play, and its probably the way we chould have been playing all along, then Captain Check down is the man for the job.

Captain Checkdown is not this way by design or because TE wants to play this way, he just does the best he can in the time alloted, its as simple as that.

This is all pure speculation on my part, but I believe theres more behind this then meets the eye. I'm willing to bet there was a clash of heads and Hamdan defended Trent then lost his job because of it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if T.O. was right in the middle of all the back stabbing and turmoil that tore this team apart, again all pure speculation on my part and everyone knows dog14787 has a wild imagination...

:wallbash:

None of this is true, it was the wax Elvis that fired the second shot from the grassy knoll...

Hamden????? This one takes the cake!!!

I am glad you brought up Edwards though, I think there are a few other points we should discuss....

1. Draft Picks, and how they were all selected in a secret conspiracy to alienate the fan base.

2. Maybin...why don't we put him at LB

3. Steve Johnson and the criminal act of not giving the Second Coming PT.

4. Marv as GM, what's your take? Did he do a good job.

5. I don't care how much better Whitner gets...he was 8th overall.

6. Should we throw games for a draft pick?

7. Do you think Brohm will play, even though we have been told he won't, I think he should.

8. Marshawn v. Freddie....you can't have two running backs!!

9. TO is not a HOF receiver who can make a difference on offense, he was a marketing ploy... I know I said we needed a good receiver on the other side of Evans, as did most fans, and despite us not being able to get them the ball...TO is not good enough.

10. Last, but definitely not least....I think JP would come back, don't you think we grab him before the rest of world finds out??

We should let TE play,

Flame away...

Great post. I agree.

Indeed.

But come on, dog, why does one need a Rube Goldberg conspiracy theory to figure out why Trent lost his job? He not only played poorly, he played so risk-averse that he did not allow for the possibility of big plays. Not a winning combination, especially when you consider that he has never been the fiery leader type. Any lobbying from TO or anyone else, if it happened, is incidental to the damage that Trent has inflicted on himself by his poor, over-cautious play. I really wanted him to succeed (hell, I am a Bills fan, I want anyone who plays QB for the Bills to succeed), but he has not shown me much to inspire confidence over the past year. Even with all the problems of the O-line etc. etc., so don't go there.

Fitz is also mediocre, but shows more fire, and takes more risks. That does not mean he is a better athlete than Trent, nor does it mean that he automatically gives the Bills a better chance to win. All it means is that the coach is apparently more comfortable with giving him a chance to make something happen.

I'm not sure giving the guy a chance to throw interceptions or fumble it away is exactly what Fewell had in mind when he wanted Fitzpatrick to make something happen.

Fitzpatrick is the WORST professional football player I have ever seen in 20+ years of watching the NFL. To pretend that TE is not infinitely better than this guy is a debacle of the highest magnitude and a flagrant insult to reason and integrity. Dog is right, Trent should be playing right now. It's pretty simple really. If you want him to throw it deep, run all of your receivers on deep routes and let your RBs stay home and block. It would not be that difficult to coach around his trepidation, even with just a modicum of coaching talent. Trent clearly has not performed up to expectations, but you simply cannot pretend that Fitzpatrick is better. Fitzpatrick is possibly the worst player to ever step foot on the field in the NFL.

Put Trent back in the god damn game Fewell, you brainless POS. It is your only chance of securing the HC job for next year.

Guest dog14787
Indeed.

That's funny, I remember a game, what was it Tampa, when TE started airing the ball out because he actually had the time to do it. TE also played an almost perfect game against the Pats and theres no way Fitz pulls that game off.

That's funny, I remember a game, what was it Tampa, when TE started airing the ball out because he actually had the time to do it. TE also played an almost perfect game against the Pats and theres no way Fitz pulls that game off.

First two games of the season, yes, I remember. Since, as you admit, the Oline has not gotten any better, though, perhaps we should examine how well Trent performed in the half-dozen games after Tampa?

Passing wise, Fitz has sucked the last two weeks. Edwards isn't going to get back in the game unless Fitz gets injured. Fewell already stated Brohm will not play because he came aboard mid-season, so Fitz will be our starting QB for the rest of the season. If Fitz keeps stinking it up, I would hope Fewell would be smart enough to make a change.

Guest dog14787
I'd give Edwards a few more snaps this week and tell him to be mentally ready this week. If Fitzy looks bad in the first half against the Pats, then Perry should pull him and put in Edwards. Sometimes this football stuff is way too easy.

The Pats are explosive on offense and we have to keep Brady off the field. It could be to late by the time the second half rolls around. Fitz has happy feet and his internal clock is all screwed up and its not that I blame him, but TE has played through it enough that I think he has a better handle on how to play with a rookie O-line.

One thing I do know beyond a doubt is TE is way more accurate then Fitpatrick and the window for opportunity is so small in this league, Fitz just doesn't have the accuracy to cut it.