Do people still think Desean Jackson is "too small"?

Big Turk

Eagles have a gamebreaker, we have a guy who can't even get on the field...

All I remember hearing is how Jackson was Roscoe Parrish and was too small for us to take...well...

he has the same punt return ability as Parrish, but he can actually play receiver too...

Too bad the Bills chose a 6' 6" bump on a log instead of a guy who is 5' 9" and can play...

Hindsight is 20/20... @ draft time, I really don't think the Bills thought they needed to draft ANOTHER Roscoe type receiver and went with the big man who has been unable to get on the field; Although that will change next year when T.O. is, most likely, not here.

All I remember hearing is how Jackson was Roscoe Parrish and was too small for us to take...well...

he has the same punt return ability as Parrish, but he can actually play receiver too...

Too bad the Bills chose a 6' 6" bump on a log instead of a guy who is 5' 9" and can play...

Uh...how can you even possibly think Jackson would even have 20 catches right now as a Bill? If TO and Lee were in Philly they would be both top 10 in recieving with McNabb passing...

We dont have a QB that can get the ball to WR's...when we drafted Hardy it was to get size in hopes to free up Lee...turns out, Lee wasnt the problem...it was our QB and still is.

I guarantee you Jackson would have no more than 20 to 25 catches right now on this team...if that. His only contribution may be on special teams, and thats an area we are already potent at.

I would bet serious money that if we drafted Jackson instead of Hardy, you would be on here posting "Why didnt we draft xxxxxxx instead of another small WR named Jackson when we already had too many small WR's"...and thats because Jackson would have done very little compared to what he has done in Philly to this point playing here with these jokes of QB's passing the ball...

Hindsight is 20/20... @ draft time, I really don't think the Bills thought they needed to draft ANOTHER Roscoe type receiver and went with the big man who has been unable to get on the field; Although that will change next year when T.O. is, most likely, not here.

Anyone who thought of Jackson as another Roscoe type WR shouldn't have a scouting job in the NFL.

I agree Jackson is emerging as a significant playmaker in the league, but I think he'd be contributing about as much as Hardy if he was on this team. We aren't creative and talented enough on offense to utilize his big-play ability. Our coaches, quarterback, and o-line are all, at best, below average.

Hindsight is indeed 20/20, but if you go back far enough, you will see me screaming for DeSean Jackson and posting over and over that we didn't need a tall reciever, what we needed (and need, for that matter) is a GOOD reciever. Again and again I (and I certainly wasn't the only guy saying this, far from it) pointed out that Peyton Manning was having some slight success without a single reciever over six feet.

However, the F.O. and many on this site knew best, saying that tall guys would get us lots of TDs. How's that gone?

Uh...how can you even possibly think Jackson would even have 20 catches right now as a Bill? If TO and Lee were in Philly they would be both top 10 in recieving with McNabb passing...

We dont have a QB that can get the ball to WR's...when we drafted Hardy it was to get size in hopes to free up Lee...turns out, Lee wasnt the problem...it was our QB and still is.

I guarantee you Jackson would have no more than 20 to 25 catches right now on this team...if that. His only contribution may be on special teams, and thats an area we are already potent at.

I would bet serious money that if we drafted Jackson instead of Hardy, you would be on here posting "Why didnt we draft xxxxxxx instead of another small WR named Jackson when we already had too many small WR's"...and thats because Jackson would have done very little compared to what he has done in Philly to this point playing here with these jokes of QB's passing the ball...

You can't guarantee squat. What you can do is guess, and your guess may be legit, who knows. But the point is that Jackson is simply a better reciever than James Hardy, and that draft choice was seriously misguided. It's hard to argue that at this point, though we all hope to see major improvement from Hardy over the next year or two.

I agree Jackson is emerging as a significant playmaker in the league, but I think he'd be contributing about as much as Hardy if he was on this team. We aren't creative and talented enough on offense to utilize his big-play ability. Our coaches, quarterback, and o-line are all, at best, below average.

You think that DeSean Jackson would have played behind Josh Reed as our #2 last year? Seriously? It's all guesswork, but he was absolutely NFL-ready, and we did not have a #2 last year, we had a slot guy playing outside as a #2. DeSean Jackson would certainly have beaten out anyone else as our #2 last year, IMHO and improved the team.

Would our QB and OL problems have affected him? Most likely. Gotta agree, but he is simply better than anyone we had last year and anyone but Lee and T.O. this year.

OMG, we're bringing back this stupid argument again?

Get over it already!

If you like Desean Jackson so much, then go cheer for the Eagles!

Get over your own self. This argument is very very relevant because we're very likely to be drafting a WR this year and will once again face the choice of what characteristics to value highly. And I hope we would have learned from this fiasco and get someone who is good above all else. If he's also tall, so much the better.

Parrish was never a bad receiver. He actually had several plays where he demonstrated how difficult he was to get after the catch. I wonder if he could have enjoyed the same success as Jackson in the right scheme. I still don't understand how he went from being the best return man in the league, to being a nonentity. There is more to that story than a few miscues.

Yep, pretty much spot on. Get a qb in here that knows how to play the game & alot of the bills problems will be solved.

Good point. The Bills needed a tall receiver who could outjump DBs in the red zone and increase our TD percentage there. They may or may not have made the best choice, but their logic was sound on that call.

You think that DeSean Jackson would have played behind Josh Reed as our #2 last year? Seriously? It's all guesswork, but he was absolutely NFL-ready, and we did not have a #2 last year, we had a slot guy playing outside as a #2. DeSean Jackson would certainly have beaten out anyone else as our #2 last year, IMHO and improved the team.

Would our QB and OL problems have affected him? Most likely. Gotta agree, but he is simply better than anyone we had last year and anyone but Lee and T.O. this year.

Who knows if he'd be behind Reed. Hopefully he wouldn't have been, but who knows. The only thing I know is that he wouldn't be putting up the numbers here that he's putting up in Philly. That being said, yes it'd be nice if we took him, but at the time everyone felt like we needed a big target and redzone threat.

the WR talent doesnt matter when there is no QB and no OLine.

we have plenty of WR talent on this team, and no way to get them the ball effectively and consistently.

Also, if TO is gone (which is likely), dont be surprised if we go WR in the first round depending on where we pick and who is left on the board. i hate the idea too, but if the top Dlinemen and Olinemen are gone, we might go top WR...

Parrish was never a bad receiver. He actually had several plays where he demonstrated how difficult he was to get after the catch. I wonder if he could have enjoyed the same success as Jackson in the right scheme. I still don't understand how he went from being the best return man in the league, to being a nonentity. There is more to that story than a few miscues.

Parrish was never a good receiver. After he caught the ball, what he more often showed was that he could get splattered immediately and regularly.

At least Desean Jackson is a return threat. Parrish is a joke. He doesn't even attempt returns at this point---fiar catch or lets it drop and roll.