Brian Brohm

as has been covered:

1.) Fewell is auditioning for the HC job and Fitz gives him the best chance at winning in his opinion

2.) He's new to the system and playbook/signals so he may not be up to snuff on the playing side of it as far as our team goes, and it probably wouldnt show his potential

3.) I dont know if anyone in their right mind would throw a QB that has never started in the NFL behind our OL in any game, at least not if they want a confident QB in the future

as has been covered:

3.) I dont know if anyone in their right mind would throw a QB that has never started in the NFL behind our OL in any game, at least not if they want a confident QB in the future

I can care less about number 1 and 2, but you have a point with number three. I don't think the Bills are thinking draft for a QB next year. We the hell would they pull Brohm and not attempt to play him this year if they were. I think they are going to try and start Edwards or Brohm next year. Don't get mad if the three QBs we have now are competing for the starting job next year.

:censored: Brohm: What, aren't you guys blocking for me? OL: What, we have no experience in that department. We just run around and go offsides four times a game each.

I can care less about number 1 and 2, but you have a point with number three. I don't think the Bills are thinking draft for a QB next year. We the hell would they pull Brohm and not attempt to play him this year if they were. I think they are going to try and start Edwards or Brohm next year. Don't get mad if the three QBs we have now are competing for the starting job next year.

:censored: Brohm: What, aren't you guys blocking for me? OL: What, we have no experience in that department. We just run around and go offsides four times a game each.

It would not surprise me if the three QB's on the roster compete for #1 next year, I just hope they bring in a 4th to compete as well.

Unless they bring in a HC & GM who are absolutely in love with Edwards, he will be gone before the draft. There will be a rookie QB on the roster next year. Brohm & Fitzpatrick will be the other 2 QBs. It all depends on the round the rookie QB is drafted whether Brohm ever gets a chance to be the starter. If it's a #1, Fitz & the rookie will be competing for starter, Brohm for #2 only. If he's a 6th he'll compete for #3 only & may get cut. They'll be 4 QBs in camp, Edwards won't be one of them.

I'd love to see the Bills playbook--it's probably simpler than Techmo Bowl circa 1987:

1) Run left

2) Run right

3) Pass short

4) Pass deep

And b/c the defense picks our play most of the time, it's like a supercharged blitz - leaving our OL and RBs flying in the air, after their feeble blocking attempts (just like in Tecmo).

as has been covered:

1.) Fewell is auditioning for the HC job and Fitz gives him the best chance at winning in his opinion

2.) He's new to the system and playbook/signals so he may not be up to snuff on the playing side of it as far as our team goes, and it probably wouldnt show his potential

Can you imagine what would happen if they DID decide to play Brohm? They would have to simplify our offense.

How could you possibly make our offense any simpler?

Brohm in the huddle: "Okay, everybody go long."

The coaches have already said chances are, Brohm will not see the field this season, he is a project for next year. The plan is to get him in Buffalo, away from the Packers roster and get him used to the team and system and see what he has in practice, hoping that he can be groomed into the starter and allow them to not have to use a high pick on a QB of the future

Start Brohm week 17. Get him ready over the next few weeks to get the last start of the season. The guy has only been on the team for what 2-3 weeks way too soon to put the guy in action. Let him get some confidence with the roster by practicing with them for a few more weeks. Let him learn the terminology and the system over the next few weeks and put him in a much better situation to do the best he can.

IF we throw him in now he is going to get shellshocked and the guys confidence can't be all that good as a pro. We have to handle Brohm with kid gloves right now. BUT it would be good for us to start him in the last week of the season just to get his feet wet in the best situation possible.

Start Brohm week 17. Get him ready over the next few weeks to get the last start of the season. The guy has only been on the team for what 2-3 weeks way too soon to put the guy in action. Let him get some confidence with the roster by practicing with them for a few more weeks. Let him learn the terminology and the system over the next few weeks and put him in a much better situation to do the best he can.

IF we throw him in now he is going to get shellshocked and the guys confidence can't be all that good as a pro. We have to handle Brohm with kid gloves right now. BUT it would be good for us to start him in the last week of the season just to get his feet wet in the best situation possible.

Could you imagine what this board would look like if they played Brohm prematurely & he sucked, not bacause he lacks talent, but because he was not ready? Half the board would be yelling for him to be cut.

Right now he's getting reps with the scout team. He has no idea about our offensive schemes. He wouldn't be ready.

Right now he's getting reps with the scout team. He has no idea about our offensive schemes. He wouldn't be ready.

Not so. There have been many occasions where starting and backup QB's have gone down to injury and a FA is brought in, force fed a simplified plan and saw the field the next week. I don't buy any of this 'he's not ready' stuff.

Feed him to the wolves and let's see what we have.

:thumbsup: Brohm: What, aren't you guys blocking for me? OL: What, we have no experience in that department. We just run around and go offsides four times a game each.

I don't think I care about reason #3 either... so because the line sucks, no QB can be put behind it and evaluated in any way? This is a guy we plucked off a practice squad, not the #1 pick overall we invested $xxx Million dollars in. If he can't be put out there this season to see what he has then we should probably just forfeit the remaining games.

as has been covered:

I was excited about the possibility of Brohm possibly starting a game or two until I read with your points that I am inclined to agree with...Good Job!

They'll be 4 QBs in camp, Edwards won't be one of them.

The UFL is DROOLING at getting another championship caliber QB from their farm league. (AKA The Buffalo Bills)

:thumbsup:

TECMO BOWL?

Can we start Bo then?

B.

I was excited about the possibility of Brohm possibly starting a game or two until I read with your points that I am inclined to agree with...Good Job!

I think we use him. Everyone should be smart enough to react to what we see properly. If the outings are poor, then he'll get a "mulligan" and be able to start fresh next year. If he does well, then everyone can go into the off-season excited about the possibilities for next year.