Kyle Williams: We are a ''stupid'' team

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't disagree. They're certainly not too passionate in the self-starter, enthusiasm, or motivation departments either. ...with everything to play for...

In usual fashion, just about all of the teams that needed to win and lose this past week did so. The Bills having won, would have kept them more than within the outer fringes of the division, as well as the wildcard.

But, no, we go to Toronto and (yet) again, lay a canook egg aahh.

Yes, they are stupid for not putting in the time and effort to make themselves better football players and a better team in the offseason. Here's to the Bills hiring a coach who demands hard work, smart play and accountability. It's embarrassing watching these guys struggle with the basics while the better teams are playing the game with such precision.

It's about time the political speech from many players just plain stops. First Schobel right before DJ was fired and now Kyle Williams. I only wish Williams would expand on this comment and who it included. IMO, totally revamping your OL and installing a no-huddle is the definition of stupid, but that's in the past. Now, it's time to scrap the C2.

Williams is delusional. The reason the Bills are losing is because they have substantially less talent that most of the teams they play, especially at the key positions of QB, OL and DL. They play hard, try and win games with heart and opposition turnovers but that's a formula that doesn't work against good teams, hence the Bills record against opponents with a winning record. Who is the last winning team that they have defeated?

I think that last years draft was pretty strong. The Bills need another strong draft and must find a QB to start truly being competitive.

Can't disagree. They're certainly not too passionate in the self-starter, enthusiasm, or motivation departments either. ...with everything to play for...

In usual fashion, just about all of the teams that needed to win and lose this past week did so. The Bills having won, would have kept them more than within the outer fringes of the division, as well as the wildcard.

But, no, we go to Toronto and (yet) again, lay a canook egg aahh.

I have no idea what you are talking about. That's the one thing this team does seem to have. They give up big plays then clamp down in the red zone. If they didn't give a f**k, would that happen?

PTR

Williams is delusional. The reason the Bills are losing is because they have substantially less talent that most of the teams they play, especially at the key positions of QB, OL and DL. They play hard, try and win games with heart and opposition turnovers but that's a formula that doesn't work against good teams, hence the Bills record against opponents with a winning record. Who is the last winning team that they have defeated?

I think that last years draft was pretty strong. The Bills need another strong draft and must find a QB to start truly being competitive.

I would modify DL to DE.And I would also include LB. I agree last yrs draft was good---amazingly so since we wiffed on pick 11.

Correct. Williams' comment is colorful and thus interesting, but truthfully there are very few players whose analysis I would put any stock in.

It's about time the political speech from many players just plain stops. First Schobel right before DJ was fired and now Kyle Williams. I only wish Williams would expand on this comment and who it included. IMO, totally revamping your OL and installing a no-huddle is the definition of stupid, but that's in the past. Now, it's time to scrap the C2.

:ph34r: On the money again BV!

Winner

Yes, they are stupid for not putting in the time and effort to make themselves better football players and a better team in the offseason. Here's to the Bills hiring a coach who demands hard work, smart play and accountability. It's embarrassing watching these guys struggle with the basics while the better teams are playing the game with such precision.

Wow. Sounds like you're blaming the players for the failure of the organization. I couldn't disagree more. With only a few exceptions, this team has been a bumbling incompetent mess for the last 50 years.

The failure of this organization goes much higher than the players on the roster. Wow. Bad post.

Stupid is not seeing you would need to fire your offensive coordinator earlier than 6 days before the regular season.

Stupid is trying to improve pass rush with a one season wonder who is a lightweight DE tweener.

Stupid is Marshawn Lynch. Get a limo driver.

Stupid is drafting another California quarterback.

Stupid is having a history of not drafting linemen, and drafting Mike Williams when you do.

Stupid is not using bump coverage for years.

Stupid is drafting players, then switching their positions.

Stupid is letting Rusty Jones and Bill Polian get away.

Stupid is building a finesse team in a cold-weather climate.

Stupid is doing the same thing, and expecting different results.

Wow. Sounds like you're blaming the players for the failure of the organization. I couldn't disagree more. With only a few exceptions, this team has been a bumbling incompetent mess for the last 50 years.

The failure of this organization goes much higher than the players on the roster. Wow. Bad post.

Yeah, because I have absolved the organization (Wow.Wow.Really?Really.Wow).

Williams is talking about the players role. That's what the story was about and that's what the thread is about. Like you in this thread, the players on this team have done some incredibly dumb sh*t this season. McKelvin in NE? Inexcusable to risk a fumble. Roscoe against Cleveland? Another loss. False start after false start all season? Staggering amount of mental mistakes. Jauron was a joke, but the amateurish performance by these players has been inexcusable.

Yeah, because I have absolved the organization (Wow.Wow.Really?Really.Wow).

Williams is talking about the players role. That's what the story was about and that's what the thread is about. Like you in this thread, the players on this team have done some incredibly dumb sh*t this season. McKelvin in NE? Inexcusable to risk a fumble. Roscoe against Cleveland? Another loss. False start after false start all season? Staggering amount of mental mistakes. Jauron was a joke, but the amateurish performance by these players has been inexcusable.

Dick, this is what I think. IMO, the subtext of what Kyle Williams was saying was that there are some stupid players on this team. The stupid mistakes of some of these players have cost us at least two games.

The plays that Roscoe and McKelvin made (that you cited) were plays born out of stupidity or low football IQ.

This team has drafted other stupid players before and I don't think these players are going to change their spots. They're stupid football players who make stupid decisions.

If you want to blame the players (like your examples of Roscoe and McKelvin), IMO you have to blame:

1) Poor coaching (for not drilling basics into their heads until it is second nature)

2) Poor drafting (drafting stupid players)

Seeing as Roscoe hasn't developed at all since he came into the league and McKelvin seemed to have regressed from a somewhat promising rookie year before his injury indicate to me that these players don't have the football sense to become good players.

I don't think it is the work ethic of these players as you suggest in your original post, that is in question. I don't second guess the work ethic or dedication of most football players...I think most of these guys are dedicated and feel the pressure to produce that they receive from their salaries, their teammates, the media, the fans, and coaches.

So in my opinion, your assertion that these guys are "not putting in the time and effort to make themselves better football players" is a misguided belief. I believe that they are mentally limited and shouldn't have been entrusted to perform critical "roles" on this team. IMO it is not a failing of the players. It is a failing of the organization.