Is Poz NFL's worst starting MLB?

Latason

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the article in Buffalo Rumblings about beefing up the run d being the big priority in the offseason.

One of the great insights was to move Poz to the outside, where he played at Penn State.

Then it dawned on me, perhaps we have the bulk of the LB's needed for a move to the 3-4.

A new coaching staff, and perhaps a new philosophy to a 3-4 'D'. Poz on the outside, along with Maybin moved to OLB on the other side. Mitchell as one of the ILB's, and perhaps a big, rugged, block-shedding MLB or ILB signed for the other spot.

Our secondary is solid, and this would allow Maybin and Poz to be in positions of strength. The only moves besides that ILB (boy, I miss Fletcher), would be on the defensive line. Roughly, we're talking about 4-5 free agents here (ILB, NT, DE).

Thoughts?

So Schobel isn't as flashy and doesn't get as much "pub"... because he plays on a terrible team with an awful defense. But when you say he is a "stiff"... It shows how little you know about this game. The guy is quietly putting together a solid season (7 Sacks) after being injured for all but the first 5 games of last season.

OMG, are u people in Buffalo blind or simply clueless :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)

What? Schobel is simply the most overpaid, overrated defensive end in football. Heck he makes Phil Hansen look like the second coming of Reggie White in comparison.

Please dont even get me started on Overrated Erin

I constantly see postings calling for upgrades to our defensive line and OLB......and while I agree we need upgrades in these areas, the heart and soul of the defense should be the MLB...and I can't think of a single NFL team that has a worse starting MLB than we do....

sure Poz makes lots of tackles, but how many of these tackles are for gains of less than 5 yards??....we need a tough force that can strip blockers and make plays near the line of scrimmage, not 5-10 yards downfield....

I would keep Poz, but move him to OLB....and find an NFL caliber MLB to man the middle and lead our defense.

P.S....for the record, outside of our secondary, let's give some kudos to Kyle Williams.....a solid consistent force all season and a player to complement rather than replace!

So far, he has been a solid third round pick. Oh wait . . . . Nevermind.

I am too lazy to read all of the posts in this thread. Judging from past discussions on Poz, I have a feeling I know what people have posted.

He certainly has not justified where we took him. I still hold out hope that he can become a run stuffing linebacker. He seems like he works hard. My problem with him is that he runs around blocks, does not fill gaps, and gets beat when it seems that the RB wants it more than he does. He is still young and likeable. Again, I hold out hope for him.

Poz isn't the worst middle linebacker in the NFL But he's far from the best either. When I think of what I want from my MLB's I want a guy who's like Sam Huff,Dick Butkus, guys like those. Guys who are feared. And while Poz is a lot of things he's not that.

I constantly see postings calling for upgrades to our defensive line and OLB......and while I agree we need upgrades in these areas, the heart and soul of the defense should be the MLB...and I can't think of a single NFL team that has a worse starting MLB than we do....

sure Poz makes lots of tackles, but how many of these tackles are for gains of less than 5 yards??....we need a tough force that can strip blockers and make plays near the line of scrimmage, not 5-10 yards downfield....

I would keep Poz, but move him to OLB....and find an NFL caliber MLB to man the middle and lead our defense.

P.S....for the record, outside of our secondary, let's give some kudos to Kyle Williams.....a solid consistent force all season and a player to complement rather than replace!

not hardly...

The same criticism was thrown at London Fletcher, who continues to ply his trade. I have seen a number of plays where Poz makes the tackle downfield. The disconcerting part of it for me, is that he is often making the play after a teammate has missed a tackle or lost containment. That sheds a different light on Poz's performance.

Didn't they move up to get him?

Poz is not a middle linebacker in the tampa 2 defensive scheme we try to run. We need to move him to the outside and draft someone who can run the middle. A guy that comes to mind because I just watched the game yesterday is Alabama's Rolando McClain, he is a big time player and will make an instant impact in both the running and passing defense. Poz is just not fast enough and does not come downhill and fill the holes in the middle. He may be better suited coming from the outside turning the play back in from the outside point of attack.

I'm not impressed at all. This team needs a realignment, not just the front office, coaching but also of the players. Either get rid of them or find new positions for them and that starts with Poz because he stinks as a MLB.

He stinks.

The offensive line stinks too.

The defensive line is awful.

The drafting is awful.

The QB is terrible.

The LB's are weak and very sub-standard.

There's your problem!

Go watch the games today people....I have seen the Pats linebackers get dragged 3-4 extra yards multiple times today. I guess they are terrible. It happens to ALL LBs when the RB gets a clear hole. Sorry, it happens to every team and every MLB.

Poz's numbers are at the top of the league for tackles, FF. On a per game stat level he has done very well.

Mark Gaughn of the Buff News says he has had a very good/great season.

I'm having a flash back of a London Fletcher post...

Go watch the games today people....I have seen the Pats linebackers get dragged 3-4 extra yards multiple times today. I guess they are terrible. It happens to ALL LBs when the RB gets a clear hole. Sorry, it happens to every team and every MLB.

Poz's numbers are at the top of the league for tackles, FF. On a per game stat level he has done very well.

Mark Gaughn of the Buff News says he has had a very good/great season.

Maybe thats why the Patriots lost today.

I didn't see the Pat's LB's performing that way win they were winning superbowls.

If you really think that Poz is one of your better LB's.

Just take the time to watch a Bills game. He just another bad player on a bad defense.

Poz is not the only issue with the Bills defense but his role is to be the QB of the defense and after 3 years he still plays like a rookie. We need him to be a Cornelius Bennett or Darryl Talley type of leader and playmaker.

Can you honestly say Poz is in that class.

As far as stats go, before Ellison was injured he was leading the team in tackles.....so much for stats.