It's Baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!

FluffHead

Right. Can't wait to see who this years "Whitner" is going to be.
Buffalo Bills: Eric Berry, SS, Tennessee

I really don't want to get a hundred e-mails from Bills fans saying you don't need a safety. The bottom line is the Bills are getting the best player in the 2010 NFL Draft at No. 8 overall and Berry is simply a freak. You can't teach natural ability, and Berry combines an elite talent level with outstanding technique, intensity, and intangibles. Donte Whitner hasn't been able to stay healthy in the past.

Here it is per http://walterfootball.com/draft2010matt.php :sick:

140 days til draft day!!!!

Like I said before, I hope we lose out to increase our draft stock. People need to think big picture. Do you want Fewell? Do you want to keep Modrak? NO! Root against them and commence the house cleaning! Bring someone in who knows a thing or too about good players and let them draft the team.

I always want to draft the best player available. If Berry is the best player available- make the pick. I know we have many other needs. But when we draft for need we draft Mike Williams and JP Losman. Get me real players regardless of the position instead of some below average need player who happens to be highest rated at the time

Like I said before, I hope we lose out to increase our draft stock. People need to think big picture. Do you want Fewell? Do you want to keep Modrak? NO! Root against them and commence the house cleaning! Bring someone in who knows a thing or too about good players and let them draft the team.

Doesn't matter. Looks worse to crap out on a #4 pick than a #23 pick. Is the next Mike Williams available?

:sick:

I always want to draft the best player available. If Berry is the best player available- make the pick. I know we have many other needs. But when we draft for need we draft Mike Williams and JP Losman. Get me real players regardless of the position instead of some below average need player who happens to be highest rated at the time

So Pete, ya think that the 7 teams picking in front of us are making a mistake not to take him in this scenario? :sick:

Are you saying Berry is Whitner? The general concensus is that Berry is the real deal. He has been Monte Kiffin's ace for Tennessee all year. 'true talent coached up by the Man, not a bad combination. While I don't like picking anything other than lineman at this point in the game for the Bills due to our derth of trench warriors on both sides to the ball, when/if a Michael Jordan type comes along you have to take him. And before you get sweaty palms about the MJ reference, that was a bit of an exaggeration, Berry and Byrd would make a helluva safety combo for years to come. If you looked at the second round of Walt's mock the one that scares me is the Tebow pick. I am on the fence on Tebow and I don't think he will get out of the first due to someone being in "love", but mostly I reiterate we need some large men to man the trenches first and foremost. Picking Berry and Tebow would mean, you guessed it, no tackles until the third round and we need Suh, Okung, Cody types to win the upfront battles IMO.