LOST...Season 6

duey

Jensen's great and has more access than any other reporter ... but JJ and Burky do like to mess with him because he's so into it. Just something to keep in mind. Not saying he's wrong, but he goes down a lot of false rabbit holes.

your disclaimer makes me believe him even more now! :thumbdown:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

So, we see Claire grabbing Kate's hand like they're BFFs one second, then holding a knife at her throat the next. Flocke B word-slaps her and sets his B word right, like a good pimp does. :thumbdown:

<snip>

She's needed one badly since the first season, that was outstanding! :w00t::wacko:

Jensen's great and has more access than any other reporter ... but JJ and Burky do like to mess with him because he's so into it. Just something to keep in mind. Not saying he's wrong, but he goes down a lot of false rabbit holes.

True that! I can't for the life of me figure out how he can make so many tangential extra-textual references in such a short turnaround.

You know, it was a little fun a couple of seasons ago. Now, speaking just for myself especially as we approach the home stretch, it's just not helpful or particularly amusing. I want the straight dope, not a straight dope.

She's needed one badly since the first season, that was outstanding! :w00t::w00t:

Flocke says "Pimpin' ain't easy and I got lots of Bitches to worry about". Flocke = The Ultimate Hustla; A true pimp.

Ehhh.... Shannon was the one who needed one in S1. Charlie more or less kept Claire in line. Except for that time Locke had to lay down his fedora and conduct some business when he thought his sub-pimp was on the H.

Flocke : Pimpin' Castaway Hoes Since Ab Aeterno.

But seriously, back to the discussion.... In the video section of the pre-show write-up, Jensen and ... the other guy were talking about whether MIB/Smokey/Flocke is inhabiting Locke's body in the sideways flashes.

And they also put the question out there whether Locke has always been inhabited, at least partly, by Smokey... or at least inhabited by him (again, at least partly) since the 815 crash. That's something I was keen on right after the S5 finale. It was just something about the way he said, "You have no idea what I've been through to be here." I just didn't get the sense that he was talking about the last couple of days of possessing Locke's body from the Ajira flight. This theory is kind of rough around the edges because of the whole "Can't be in two places at the same time" thing, but does this rule apply, for sure?

It seems like these beings might be able to imbue certain of the Lostaways with some of their "powers" e.g. how Hurley can speak with the dead, how Miles can download a person's final thoughts similar to how the Monster took virtual pictures of people's memories. Do we know for certain that a certain something didn't co-habitate Locke's body from the time of that "Walkabout" scene?

But seriously, back to the discussion.... In the video section of the pre-show write-up, Jensen and ... the other guy were talking about whether MIB/Smokey/Flocke is inhabiting Locke's body in the sideways flashes.

And they also put the question out there whether Locke has always been inhabited, at least partly, by Smokey... or at least inhabited by him (again, at least partly) since the 815 crash. That's something I was keen on right after the S5 finale. It was just something about the way he said, "You have no idea what I've been through to be here." I just didn't get the sense that he was talking about the last couple of days of possessing Locke's body from the Ajira flight. This theory is kind of rough around the edges because of the whole "Can't be in two places at the same time" thing, but does this rule apply, for sure?

It seems like these beings might be able to imbue certain of the Lostaways with some of their "powers" e.g. how Hurley can speak with the dead, how Miles can download a person's final thoughts similar to how the Monster took virtual pictures of people's memories. Do we know for certain that a certain something didn't co-habitate Locke's body from the time of that "Walkabout" scene?

its a very interesting theory, and i know better than to shoot anything down, but i dont think that anyone was ever "possessed" by anyone else. Remember, what we are seeing isnt Locke being inhabited. It's simply the smoke monster choosing to look like Locke. Because Locke was his patsie.

he said it himself, he read Locke in the jungle and saw a desperate, pathetic person and he knew Locke was the one that would be able to help him because he WANTED to believe. Smokey just gave him something to believe in. Just like he did with Claire. He didn't give her her anger, he just gave her a purpose.

again, do we know for certain either way? heck no.

i DO agree with you that Jacob was able to distribute his powers (maybe for safe keeping?) amongst our Lostie candidates. this way, he made sure it would not be so easy for Smokey as simply eliminating one person.

True that! I can't for the life of me figure out how he can make so many tangential extra-textual references in such a short turnaround.

You know, it was a little fun a couple of seasons ago. Now, speaking just for myself especially as we approach the home stretch, it's just not helpful or particularly amusing. I want the straight dope, not a straight dope.

Ehhh.... Shannon was the one who needed one in S1. Charlie more or less kept Claire in line. Except for that time Locke had to lay down his fedora and conduct some business when he thought his sub-pimp was on the H.

Flocke : Pimpin' Castaway Hoes Since Ab Aeterno.

I agree Shannon needed one, but at least she wasn't around very long. Claire and Charlie both needed one too... 1 out of 3 isn't bad. :w00t:

Another difference from the original timeline to sideways world:

Charlie's brother, Liam, is not living the clean & sober, married-with-child life in Sydney.

Doc Jensen's "Recon" round-up.

BTW: Jin is the only husband on the show — even if his wedding ring is currently in Sun's pocket.

Uhh... What is Bernard? Chopped liver? ... (Well, if he and Rose are Adam & Eve.... eek. As I wrote before, I think that may be Faraday and Charlotte).

Sawyer's vendetta was not unlike the dream of vengeance Fake Locke gave Claire: it was something that held his world together, gave it meaning, gave him purpose. Also see: the long con that Sawyer pulled in ''The Long Con'': creating a false nemesis to rally a community to order. Ford's epiphany: that's living in fear; that's living a lie, not real life. I think he was also afraid he'd lose his soul if he went through with the murders — and lose any chance of seeing his family again. Hence, when Miles asked him why he was confessing to him. Sawyer replied: ''Because I knew you'd try to talk me out of it.'' [Page-break]. By giving up his Sawyer file — his souvenir of hell — to his partner-confessor-priest Miles, James seemed to put himself on a highway to heaven. He also seemed to put him on a collision course with destiny. At that moment, Hoodie Kate careened into his car. He ran her down and pinned her up against a gate, an ironic reversal of their caged-heat Hydra lovemaking. No matter what world he's in, James Ford is always getting set up with Kate — and always gets one chance to nail her against some bars. Somehow. Son of a B word.

Back to following the original timeline.... Sawyer is sent by Flocke to Hydra Island. Looked like there was some damage to the Ajira plane, but probably airworthy.

I can't wait to see how they're going to build a mile of runway.....

And holy crap. When Jensen hinted at the beginning about his last-page theory, I was thinking the same thing....

MIB/Smokey = Daniel Faraday. Or at least Dan's consciousness.

As he writes, the fragment that we got really fits in with the Faraday-Hawking story. A crazy mother, "growing pains," from a woman intent on sacrificing her own son. She didn't even try to save him. Where, if she had just told him, "Hey. When you storm into camp, watch out for the blonde with the rifle on your 6. That's me." He could have lived, and perhaps the Incident could have happened all the same. See, we get the story of Abraham about to sacrifice Isaac on Mt. Moriah, but what about Isaac's feelings on the matter. One might assume he'd have a problem being treated like a lamb and having his throat cut and body burned. What if God hadn't interrupted? Might you not be pissed at your mother/father and his God? Where do they get off? If this is it, it's a pretty sweet storyline.

Remember how Dan's brain was fried from his time travel self-experimentation? Well, his body was fine. But perhaps, bolstered from his experience with Desmond c. 1996 in creating a constant, he plugged in some numbers and transported his own mental stream to a time far off from where he intended. He seemed to create a partial constant (if such a thing can exist. humor me), such that it didn't kill him, just rendered his memory completely spasmodic... not unlike how the island travels willy-nilly through space and time. One moment, 32 minutes behind the real world as with the payload; another moment, a couple of days ahead, as with the doctor floating ashore with his throat cut. And how, when he got back to the Island, Dan's consciousness returned, but didn't give him full knowledge b/c it might upset his plans, whatever those were. Definitely something to think about.

It might also explain a screen-capture I saw the other day. I forget where. But it was when Flocke said, "I'm very disappointed... [and it showed his finger at that moment pointed at Lapidis, followed by a slight pause, then continues] In all of you!"

More may come to me to reinforce this theory or knock it over. Anyone have anything else?

ON EDIT: I can't recall offhand... Does anyone know if there were any Monster sightings during the time Faraday was on the island? ... Ooo. Wait. Ben summoned it to kill the mercenaries. Hmm. But the monster was strangely inactive during that time period. Or was Dan at the freighter at that moment --- technically off-island?

What about Flocke saying that "Of Mice and Men" was after his time? That's a bit of a bullet to the balloon. Hmm.

Those are all questions and observations that cut straight to the heart of what the last half-season should be, especially the re: the nature of Jacob.

Further to the "Black Rock vs. Others bit... Yellow-fonted for possible spoiler: I have read a rumor that 6.15 will feature none of the cast regulars; it will be a run-down of this 1800s Black Rock storyline, which will purportedly be introduced with Ab Aeterno.

It's a game, between two supernatural players. Jacob and MIB and all the people are just pieces in this giant game. But we don't know who's pieces they are. We assume the Others have always been Jacob's pieces because that's what the Others have told us. But ... are we sure that's really the case?

To me, this question has usually come back to the New Otherton buildings. Namely, Ben's secret chamber within the secret chamber that he used to summon the Monster upon Keamy et al. Before it had taken the FLocke form. Also, that the tunnel section holding the nuclear bomb was built perfectly abutting Ben's house. Richard broke through ~ 6" layer of laid stonework, then a layer of cinder block. Color me dubious that all of this could have gone undiscovered, or DHARMA built right over it.

And the building of that was before Ben lost faith in Jacob, it was before Ben's time entirely. New Otherton was already there when he and Roger arrived. In my estimation, it smacks of much more complex connections among DHARMA, the Others, MIB/Monster and Jacob than has been revealed.

Quite possible that Flocke was purloining details of Locke's life with a "crazy [adoptive] mother" (e.g. believing that a dog was Locke's foster sister, Jeannie) and "growing pains."

Kind of like that "thing" Claire thought was Aaron? I admit at first I didn't get that parallel. I was actually referring to Locke's birth mother having schizophrenia.

We're fast reaching the point where I'm totally in the dark (at least I hope ... I know of two big mile posts that I've yet to see, hence why I've been cautious about posting). But let me throw out some things here (some of which I know were covered). Not really forming conclusions, just fragments ...

We've all known from season one that this was a game between two sides (Locke and Walt's backgammon discussion). We've also witnessed over the history of the island how the "Others" have dealt with intruders to the island. They begin by living in harmony and ends in bloodshed.

-- Black Rock vs Others (more on this to come)

-- US Military vs Others (1950s)

-- Dharma vs Others (70s)

-- French crew vs Others (80s)

-- 815 vs Others (2003)

It's a game, between two supernatural players. Jacob and MIB and all the people are just pieces in this giant game. But we don't know who's pieces they are. We assume the Others have always been Jacob's pieces because that's what the Others have told us. But ... are we sure that's really the case?

Also, we've yet to learn what the purpose of the game is. Jacob said there is "only one end, the rest is progress". Progress towards what? THAT'S the big mystery. That's the one that is going to be "the answer". We don't know Jacob's purpose. We now know the MIB's (if he's being truthful). But not Jacob's. We've been told that Jacob is looking for a successor to protect the island. But if Jacob is immortal, why does he need a successor? Where is Jacob going?

MIB seems to want to leave the island but can't as long as Jacob is alive. Jacob seems to want to find a successor because ... he too wants to leave the island? It's tricky because we've already seen Jacob off island so he's obviously free to do things MIB isn't.

Which brings us back to Expose. The infamous Nikki show. Hurley went on a rant during that episode about the bad guy. He gave us the whole plot of the show which was basically that the two stripper detectives were trying to find the identity of the big bad "Cobra" who ... turns out to be their boss/father figure. It was, of course, really Damon's way of telling us about Jacob before we ever even heard his name. But if we follow that analogy, it COULD mean that Jacob is actually bad, and not the saint he appears to be.

That's a rambling bunch of nonsense I know. But it's the best I can do for now until we see a couple more things.

I am having doubts that Flocke is purely evil. He may be more desperate than evil.

PTR

I am having doubts that Flocke is purely evil. He may be more desperate than evil.

PTR

I am with you on this one, what if the smoke monster is MIB's curse? He really can't control it, he did kind of warn the people at the temple. And going back a few seasons, why kill Echo? you would think you'd want that big dude on your side. Just throwing it out there because this show has need been the obvious and right now it seems cut and dry that Jacob is good and MIB is evil, we are due for a big twist.

And the building of that was before Ben lost faith in Jacob, it was before Ben's time entirely. New Otherton was already there when he and Roger arrived. In my estimation, it smacks of much more complex connections among DHARMA, the Others, MIB/Monster and Jacob than has been revealed.

I think this is an excellent point.

Just a few thoughts but mostly questions.

What happened when Desmond failed to enter the code? What happened when Dharma drilled too deep? What happened when Ben pushed the Donkey Wheel? Answer: Energy was released that caused bad things. The same numbers that Desmond had to plug in to stop the Island from leaking are the same numbers that Jacob has plugged in to stop Flocke from leaking. Weird. We also got the picture of a Champagne bottle popping before this season started. Is the Island just a cap? A cork maybe? Is Jacob just a cork keeping Flocke from discharging? What happens if Flocke gets off of the Island? We know that when the Energy gets out that it can make the Island skip in time and location(I think that the location is just a result of the Earths rotation). So if Flocke gets out would the same happen? Maybe instead of the Island skipping through time the Earth skips through space? Could that explain Sideverse if Flocke were to make it out? Could Flocke/Smokey be all of the souls that have died on the Island in a physical form? We all saw Michael Landon say that "when people die they're not really gone" the other night. Could the intense electromagnetic field on the Island cause this collection of "Angry Souls" that just want to go "home"? Is Jacob the Guardian of our Reality in a Godlike infused game of Cosmic Monopoly?