Anthony Hargrove

Talley56

It's bitter sweet seeing his turn-around. I wish he would have done it while he was still with us because I always did like him as a player even when he was with us. But I also know we gave him numerous chances and when a guy gets suspended for a year he's really worn out his welcome. But we could use a guy like him.

+2

Typical flag-waving, fear-mongering, republican, everyone-is-a-scumbag-and-there-are-no-second-chances mentality.

Way to throw all the Republicans under the bus with such a stereo-type......

Only a Democrat could be that ignorant.... :D

+2

Typical flag-waving, fear-mongering, republican, everyone-is-a-scumbag-and-there-are-no-second-chances mentality.

Wrong Board for espousing sh!tty political opinions. Dare to show up at PPP and shoot off your mouth with your Kool Aid drenched musings. BTW, I don't think it was a second chance, something more than that.

+2

Technically, this is his 4th chance and if I'm not mistaken there's an outstanding warrant for his failure to complete community service. Don't know if he's fulfilled that, but he may have a legal issue next time he's in WNY.

+2

I would say that's better than a woe-is-me-please-create-another-government-agency-and-increase-my-taxes-so-that-not-only-i-but-my-seventh-generation-grandchild-can-pay-for-it-just-so-that-i-can-get-another-handout Democrat.

New York state, anyone?

+2

F.U. with the Republican bashing crap, leave politics off this site because I don't have enough time to educate you on our current joke of a president. Maybe you should go see him yourself...I heard it's easy to get into the white house for a photo op.

I would say that's better than a woe-is-me-please-create-another-government-agency-and-increase-my-taxes-so-that-not-only-i-but-my-seventh-generation-grandchild-can-pay-for-it-just-so-that-i-can-get-another-handout Democrat.

New York state, anyone?

No offense Red, but it's pretty funny to read this quote from someone whose moniker is also a slang term for a communist :D .

You might even be protesting a bit too much... [glances suspiciously at Red].

New York state, anyone?

Best Democrat-bashing one-liner that I've read in a while. You just made my day :D

No offense Red, but it's pretty funny to read this quote from someone whose moniker is also a slang term for a communist :wallbash: .

But I thought Democrats were for diversity? :D

No offense Red, but it's pretty funny to read this quote from someone whose moniker is also a slang term for a communist :D .

Judge me solely on my moniker?

Monikerist!

To use an all too familiar argument... your overriding phobia of monikers has you hurling insults at someone solely based on their moniker's appearance.

Perhaps you are a Monikerphob...

It must be difficult keeping your balance way up on that horse.

Would you let that dirtbag date your daughter? I think not....if you have a ladder, you can climb on board

+2

I am all for second chances.....the problem is that liberals like you are going to suck this country dry trying to accomodate the filth in this society by giving them 5 chances

Would you let that dirtbag date your daughter? I think not....if you have a ladder, you can climb on board

I am all for second chances.....the problem is that liberals like you are going to suck this country dry trying to accomodate the filth in this society by giving them 5 chances

Endzone, I know the second comment was directed at someone else but I'm going to respond to both. I believe that filth can be cleansed. It may be an idealistic perspective from your point of view and I admit that it sometimes is from mine as well. However, when we deny someone the ability to try and make up for their past mistakes, we cater to the lowest common denominator and ensure that the "filth" will continue to be just that. In fact, we will only have ourselves to blame because it will have been us, from atop our moral pedestal, who told them that is what they were and always will be. I can only hope that you and I are not ultimately held to the same standards.

Endzone, I know the second comment was directed at someone else but I'm going to respond to both. I believe that filth can be cleansed. It may be an idealistic perspective from your point of view and I admit that it sometimes is from mine as well. However, when we deny someone the ability to try and make up for their past mistakes, we cater to the lowest common denominator and ensure that the "filth" will continue to be just that. In fact, we will only have ourselves to blame because it will have been us, from atop our moral pedestal, who told them that is what they were and always will be. I can only hope that you and I are not ultimately held to the same standards.

Please, please cease from this moral relativism balderdash, as it truly is rotting Western society from within.

There are rules. Laws, even. Break the law, and there is a punishment.

You know, like child-rearing?

Moral relativists claim that they cling to science (i.e. Science is God), but then forget some of the very basic laws of science when arguing for their anarchy. For instance, for every action there is an equal and opposite REACTION?

At what point does one get too many chances to "be cleansed"? Could Dahmer have been "cleansed"? How about child molesters, who see nothing wrong with their actions?

Please, please cease from this moral relativism balderdash, as it truly is rotting Western society from within.

Moral relativists claim that they cling to science (i.e. Science is God), but then forget some of the very basic laws of science when arguing for their anarchy. For instance, for every action there is an equal and opposite REACTION?

At what point does one get too many chances to "be cleansed"? Could Dahmer have been "cleansed"? How about child molesters, who see nothing wrong with their actions?

Where, exactly, did I say all morality is relative and right and wrong are just constructs? The argument behind my post was premised on the existence of some sort of a priori moral framework. The notion of forgiveness, in the Judeo-Christian sense, cannot exist in a paradigm in which morality is inherently relative.

Where, exactly, did I say all morality is relative and right and wrong are just constructs? The argument behind my post was premised on the existence of some sort of a priori moral framework.

Still haven't answered my questions...

Agreed! Corporate criminals and those that make millions if not billions on questionable back door deals selling arms and mercenaries for hire should be put away for life. Throw away the key!!! Those scum erode our confidence and pride in this great country.

Why is it when you give a politician money or favorable treatment to them or their friends to see things your way it's called a campaign contribution but when you give money to an officer of the law it's a bribe? I don't get it.

Still haven't answered my questions...

I would say that I cannot say where "the line," as you call it, should be drawn nor would it be right for me to pretend that I am able or empowered to make such delineations. It is easy to play in extremes. For example, where would you draw the line when it comes to crimes that are excusable. Is stealing a car forgivable? Is robbing someone forgivable? Is killing someone forgivable? Does it depend on the reasons these actions are committed (war, self-defense, hunger, revenge). We live in a complex world that we pretend is simple and clear cut but which can only be made to appear so by playing in moral extremes. I would find it hard to forgive the actions you list but I will also not pretend that I have some sort of pure insight into whether the actions are beyond redemption. I can't even fathom the amount of remorse someone who would be able to perpetrate such actions would need to feel in order to fully grasp the horror of not simply the crimes but of having committed them.

I can tell you that any moral framework that considers itself to be beyond question and denies the possibility of redemption will create a world in which immoral actions must be committed to maintain the structure. Ask our friends in the Middle East or our medieval ancestors how such societies work out. See, there I go playing in extremes.

You're right, I tend to skirt the difficult issues but both of us are guilty of this.

In short, to go back to my initial point, I am always happy when "the filth," as someone referred to them earlier, try to make amends and turn their lives around.

P.S. My apologies to the initial poster for participating in the hijacking of his thread.

I would say that I cannot say where "the line," as you call it, should be drawn nor would it be right for me to pretend that I am able or empowered to make such delineations. It is easy to play in extremes. For example, where would you draw the line when it comes to crimes that are excusable. Is stealing a car forgivable? Is robbing someone forgivable? Is killing someone forgivable? Does it depend on the reasons these actions are committed (war, self-defense, hunger, revenge). We live in a complex world that we pretend is simple and clear cut but which can only be made to appear so by playing in moral extremes. I would find it hard to forgive the actions you list but I will also not pretend that I have some sort of pure insight into whether the actions are beyond redemption. I can't even fathom the amount of remorse someone who would be able to perpetrate such actions would need to feel in order to fully grasp the horror of not simply the crimes but of having committed them.

I can tell you that any moral framework that considers itself to be beyond question and denies the possibility of redemption will create a world in which immoral actions must be committed to maintain the structure. Ask our friends in the Middle East or our medieval ancestors how such societies work out.

I am always happy when "the filth," as someone referred to them earlier, try to make amends and turn their life around.

P.S. My apologies to the initial poster for participating in the hijacking of his thread.

Hargrove was give more than a "second" or "third" chance. The point here is not about allowing someone to redeem themselves. Rather, it is about someone who was obviously unrepentant for his actions. It is only through punishment that individuals are sometimes able to grasp the severity of their actions. The problem with your feel-good liberalism is that there never is any punishment beyond a slap on the wrist, thus those committing wrongs never fully grasp just how "wrong" their wrong is. You can't begin to rehab someone before they realize they have committed a wrong.

C'mon. I mean, Hargrove = Dahmer is quite a stretch. But Hargrove made a few mistakes, and paid the price the judge set for him. End of story. Had zero to do with his job as a football player. Nothing wrong with this guy playing ball, and I wish he was still a Bill. The guy definitely had a pulse on the football field. That's all I care about. Why should punishment for this guy's relatively minor brushes with the law = not keeping his job? Sorry, but I don't see it. Any discussion of "moral relativism" on this board is asinine to begin with.

C'mon. I mean, Hargrove = Dahmer is quite a stretch. But Hargrove made a few mistakes, and paid the price the judge set for him. End of story. Had zero to do with his job as a football player.

I think the point is that he didn't fulfill the obligation set by the judge.

Way to destroy the thread with stupid politcal talk. And newsflash: Democrat or Republican, everyone who posted that nonsense sounds like a moron. Nothing like blindly following a political party that doesn't give a crap about you. You all suck. :D

:P

BTW - your optimism about the BUF team that you got hammered for, seems to be validated.

I don't think your detractors are going to post anytime soon... :wallbash:

Please, put this in words that the families of the four slain police officers in Washington can understand.

I think the point is that he didn't fulfill the obligation set by the judge.

Well then he should pay a fine or something. Perhaps I don't recall but I don't think his offenses were all that severe to begin with. Just that he was a football player, but average citizens get away with worse. The guy wasn't exactly robbing banks or committing homicide.

Way to destroy the thread with stupid politcal talk. And newsflash: Democrat or Republican, everyone who posted that nonsense sounds like a moron. Nothing like blindly following a political party that doesn't give a crap about you. You all suck. :D

seconded

Please, put this in words that the families of the four slain police officers in Washington can understand.

Really? Are we comparing Hargrove to someone who murders cops? Are you really calling Hargrove "filth"? I don't remember his exact offenses save for some minor scuffle outside a bar in Ra Cha Cha, but I don't think they were that egregious. Some people here need to get off their high horse and hide their jealousy of wealthy athletes a little better.

+1

Liberals espouge moral relativism and the "who are we to judge anyone" mentality because it makes them feel good, not because it makes sense or is good for society. I know alot of liberals.... many of them are the most self centered, uncarring people I have ever met. They hide behind a cloth of helping the needy, but in the end of they day it's all about getting their world view recognized and killing dissent. Also, nobody is comparing Hardgrove to Dahmer, just making a point about crime and punisment. BTW I am an indpendent, both of the parties are f*cked.